Will this transplanted hair be thick?

How many grafts, whose your doc, etc?

I am not sure of the exact amount of grafts. My doctor was Dr. Carlos Alessandrini from the Renovate Medical Center in Tijuana. I read grafts have apprx. 1-3 hairs coming out of them. I seem to only have one hair coming out of each.

One hair grafts are supposed to go in front of the hairline so its fine. Usually 2 hair grafts are put just behind that. Its hard to say how dense it will be wihout knowing the number planted. I suggest you find out. Judging by the pic alone, it does not seem like it will be very dense.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

One hair grafts are supposed to go in front of the hairline so its fine. Usually 2 hair grafts are put just behind that. Its hard to say how dense it will be wihout knowing the number planted. I suggest you find out. Judging by the pic alone, it does not seem like it will be very dense.

Thanks for your reply. I will send an email to the doctor and try and get an estimate. I am attaching more pictures here. Do you think it will look unnatural thin compared to the thick hair elsewhere on my head?

SAM_1533.jpg.72e31c57dc1e3a7e6d62e8eb40457dc3.jpg

SAM_1534.jpg.91fcfe05716d6bc72de2ea69e5609aa0.jpg

I am sorry to say that the grafts look like they were spread out pretty far apart. It looks like it will be relatively thin coverage.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

It does not look like state of the art work but it also does not look like you were butchard. Wait it out and you may be surprised with a decent outcome.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I just did a search on Renovate and they are a plastic surgery practice. Lap bands, breasts, nose jobs, etc.., evidently it is a one stop shop for all things. Are you Mexican? The fact that this clinic is located in Tijuana sends up all sorts of red flags for me, no offense intended. The fact that they don't specialize in hair restoration is always a red flag. How much did you pay for the procedure, I have a feeling it was dirt cheap. That second set of pics you posted tell the story very well, the grafts are very far apart and this will not give you the coverage needed to look good. A second procedure with a practice that specializes in hair will probably be needed. Sorry to sound negative but I think that is what awaits you.

This looks thin to me. I just had a high density hair transplant. The pictures can be seen here

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170753-my-fut-today-dr-paul-shaprio.html

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Don't think it will be very thick when it's grown out and the pattern doesn't look that natural, looks like lines,my first HT was a bit like this.

Getting a cheap HT just costs you more in the future, I would say you will need more added to this and when you do this, do some more research.

Hi. Thanks for all the replys. I guess at this point my hopes are that it will look okay. I know it won't have the density I had in mind and won't look similar to the rest of my hair. I just hope it doesn't look ridiculous. The one question I do have is this, how soon could I go for a second hair transplant to make this more dense? Can I go right away or do I need to wait over a year for this one to get all settled in? I will definitely use this site and find a doctor who is reccomended and has proven great work.

Most docs want you to wait 12 months before going for a second. Dr. Rahal would do wonders for your hairline.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

You should wait about a year minimum if you want another hair transplant. As Cant decide said in the previous post, Dr Rahal is great for hair transplants; definately one of my favorites. Hasson and Wong do a wonderful job as do Shapiro brothers and Konior. Those are, in my opinion, the most consistent Drs. However, you should look for one that specialize in the results that you want. Keep in mind that the results that you want aren't always the results you should look for. keeping a conservative hairline leaves you with more options in the future. If you go too aggressively, you may end up looking silly if balding continues

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily