Scalp micropigmentation on Strip scar (pictures)

crazy world of HT,you pay less to get a strip but now want to cover up the scar every year with INK.

Well said MTL30. I strongly agree with you. Im a victim and now I have 2 options either to get an expensive FUE into my scar and waste my precious grafts OR SMP my scar every year till the end of my life :(

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Nobody gets fut cuz it's cheaper they get it cuz the yield is better and you get more grafts, fixing the scar is the very last step after you max out via strip, going into strip I knew that it needs to be fixed down the line and it's not a big deal, u went this far

Dont agree,the reason people are ready to get a nasty cut is because of the price or because they need a big amouth of grafts.FUE is so expensive that some people have to go FUT.Honestly if FUE was the price of FUT with Rahal I would have already had my HT.I feel like someday FUT will die..I also feel that it's time FUE prices go down.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather have FUE into my scar than a procedure where you're spending $500 or more EVERY YEAR! No thanks!! I'll save my money for a permanent fix.......

Besides, going to a top physician should help to minimize the bad appearance of a strip scar anyway, as most are pencil thin.

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The pigment that MiIena Lardi/Beauty Medical (and anyone trained by Beauty Med) uses is temporary. She has a proprietary formula that is designed to fade completely because your cell defense system eliminates it. Other companies performing SMP use standard pigment.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 4 weeks later...
That is a very long scar. The transplant must have taken very well because he doesn't look like he has any loss.

There are no before pics of the hairline. The after pics show a different angle. The before pics emphasize the back scar, the after take in the whole side spectrum at 90 degrees showing the hairline. The only after pics you can see seem to indicate that SMP was applied all over the head. It looks like a typical blue/grey SMP 'enhanced' hairline to me. There are blotches of blue throughout the scalp too. Or am I seeing fairies?

And, the ink in the scar will fade much, much faster than the ink around the scar. He may look even worse in a year, just as he is opening his wallet to pay for more.

And the back picture shows the scar clearly. It is better, and it is far from a bad strip scar, but....same old story.

There are no before pics of the hairline. The after pics show a different angle. The before pics emphasize the back scar, the after take in the whole side spectrum at 90 degrees showing the hairline. The only after pics you can see seem to indicate that SMP was applied all over the head. It looks like a typical blue/grey SMP 'enhanced' hairline to me. There are blotches of blue throughout the scalp too. Or am I seeing fairies?

And, the ink in the scar will fade much, much faster than the ink around the scar. He may look even worse in a year, just as he is opening his wallet to pay for more.

And the back picture shows the scar clearly. It is better, and it is far from a bad strip scar, but....same old story.

I did the scalp micropigmentation ONLY on the scar and not on the top area. Another operator did the pigmentation on the top area, 2 weeks before my work.

Usually the pigment in the scar will lasts much longer.

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

• 1 month later...

I got my temp smp done less than a year ago and almost all of it turned blotchy and faded away quickly. Then I went to a very talented permanent makeup artist in Milwaukee and got a superb concealment on my scar which ran from ear to ear on the back of my head done for only $300. I realize now that the entire hair loss industry are a bunch of crooks. Including all of these new companies popping up offering temporary SMP so you have to keep returning every year or so to get taken for more ridiculous amounts of money. Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

• 1 month later...

Fixtrip whats the name of the place in Milwaukee, website and phone #? I live in California and they have a clinic in Los Angeles where they want to charg me 3000 dollars for smp procedure. And 300 dollars every time I need a touch up.

• 1 month later...

This case looks very odd. I don't see where he had hair loss in the first place. Perhaps the HT was amazing and we just can't see it, but with a hair cut that short we should be able to see some type of pattern.

I'd want ALL the facts of this case before making a call. The photos of SMP look decent but the big question is why? If his hair looks as thick as it appears then grow it out a bit and hide the scar easily. This one just doesn't make sense to me at all. I'm very suspicious of this posting. Maybe it's not a HT scar in the first place??