Any Suggestions ?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted some suggestion on this, anybody who has gone through my earlier threads will know about my background and my need to go for a HT however let me just again mention it. I am not bald infact I have pretty good hair. However I have a very high hairline with deep empty, bald looking corners of forehead, giving an impression to people that I have a receding hairline, Which I wanna lower down and fill up with hair.

My question is, though I get excited by the idea, thought of covering the areas where I think I need hair. I really cannot imagine myself on how would I look after I get it done. If it works out according to what I am imaginging right now (Which frankly speaking I am having tough time doing it) great ! but if it doesnt, who knows I might just end up looking a weirdo. Any suggestions on how do I visualise myself that the HT Job will look good on me or not.

Makes me anxious will it look good ? How do I decide this any suggestions ?

Thanks

Augusta,

I think I may have said this before, but I would suggest simply consulting with a few hair restoration physicians and obtaining their opinion on your hair. It may be that you have a naturally high hairline and lowering it could be an option, or it could be that you are suffering some small degree of hair loss and medication followed by surgery at a later date may be a good idea. What's more, the physician could demonstrate what you may look like after the procedure (If you're a candidate) is fully matured.

Good luck. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about doctors.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

What's more, the physician could demonstrate what you may look like after the procedure (If you're a candidate) is fully matured.

And exactly how can they demonstrate that ? Even I am trying to figure that out ?

People photo shop all the time, Im pretty sure you can take a couple pics of yourself and play around to get a idea of what you will look like? Actually that would be a great feature for this site.. Blake? haha

People photo shop all the time, Im pretty sure you can take a couple pics of yourself and play around to get a idea of what you will look like? Actually that would be a great feature for this site.. Blake? haha

I tried doing it, playing with photoshop. And realised I am a pretty bad artist with Photoshop, have to ask someone for help can't do it myself. :(

I would, but Im probably worse then you haha Try Goggling maybe hire a artist at a college who does a lot of face drawings? Im sure with the internet at your disposal you can get what you need? I wish I would have thought of this and brought in a pic of what I wanted...It should be part of the business now days...

Oya I im sure we all know the results may not be the same as the pic, But it still gives a good idea of what the results could be close too...

hey august..

Yeah, I was pretty much in your position, but I just went ahead with the procedure because I was tired of wondering "what if?".. It was driving me crazy to constantly look at my minor hair recession, knowing that I could do something about it. Plus I wanted more style options.

As anyone on this forum will tell you: pick a good doctor! A good doc not only is the safest bet, but he or she will help you decide what hairline looks best. Go in for a consult and they will draw the outline of where your hair should be (i.e. framing your face, symmetry etc..)

If you want to do some tests yourself.. just get a dark marker and fill in the "thin" spots on your scalp. It sounds stupid, but at a distance you can get a general idea of what a denser hairline will look like. You can try that, or some concealer like Toppik.. although I have never used it.

Good luck

hey august..

If you want to do some tests yourself.. just get a dark marker and fill in the "thin" spots on your scalp. It sounds stupid, but at a distance you can get a general idea of what a denser hairline will look like. You can try that, or some concealer like Toppik.. although I have never used it.

Good luck

That's what I did except I used black makeup that I had purchased to disguise a haircutting accident. I tried several hairline designs, took pics, and shared them with the doctor.

Each surgeon typically has their own style of hairline based on what they think looks natural and is safe given your situation. You may need to consult with several in order to get what you want.

And exactly how can they demonstrate that ? Even I am trying to figure that out ?

Augustya,

Keep in mind that these physicians are medically and surgically trained in hair loss, and the majority practice hair loss/hair restoration exclusively. They possess a variety of methods and years of experience, which allow them to analyze your situation and recommend an appropriate treatment.

Frankly, I think seeing a doctor is the first step.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Augusta

I can photoshop this for you. Draw in with a black wax pencil where you would like your hair line. Have someone else take the photos. Have them take a front, profiles and top and email them to me. I will add hair and email it back to you.

My email address is drjbd@deyarmanhmedical.com

DrD

Oh that wud be fantastic Dr !! Thanks indeed !! Thank you very much !! I will do it ASAP. This place rocks :)

Augusta

I can photoshop this for you. Draw in with a black wax pencil where you would like your hair line. Have someone else take the photos. Have them take a front, profiles and top and email them to me. I will add hair and email it back to you.

My email address is drjbd@deyarmanhmedical.com

DrD

Doctor mails to you on this Email Id are bouncing back. Please advice appropriately.

Thanks