Seasonal Shedding is REAL

I know Spex had a nice thread on this a while ago but I just wanted to say that seasonal non med shedding is REAL. About 3 months ago, my transplanted hair seemed to get less and less dense. It really put me in a bad way actually as I was getting nervous that somehow, the transplanted hair was falling out. It was stressful but I road it out and 3 months later, I swear my hair is not only back to normal but even denser than before the shed. I would say at least 40-50% denser than it was at the lowest point of the shed.

I did not actually see more hair come out in the shower/brushing, etc during this shed cycle so it must have shed slowly but its all back and even better than before. I am 2.5 years post op and this is the first time I have experienced this so maybe for me my hair cycles that way every couple of years or so.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Wow, I want my hair to fall out and come back extra dense!! Sounds like a bad deal, Can't! *sarcastic tone-of-voice* ;-)

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Wow, I want my hair to fall out and come back extra dense!! Sounds like a bad deal, Can't! *sarcastic tone-of-voice* ;-)

LOL

AE: How are your results coming along?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Interesting, I'll try not to worry about it if it happens then!

I have just got over a shed from swapping minoxidils, it's been worrying but thankfully there's been lots of improvement over the last months. These sheds are hard.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I know Spex had a nice thread on this a while ago but I just wanted to say that seasonal non med shedding is REAL. About 3 months ago, my transplanted hair seemed to get less and less dense. It really put me in a bad way actually as I was getting nervous that somehow, the transplanted hair was falling out. It was stressful but I road it out and 3 months later, I swear my hair is not only back to normal but even denser than before the shed. I would say at least 40-50% denser than it was at the lowest point of the shed.

I did not actually see more hair come out in the shower/brushing, etc during this shed cycle so it must have shed slowly but its all back and even better than before. I am 2.5 years post op and this is the first time I have experienced this so maybe for me my hair cycles that way every couple of years or so.

Agreed. Mine seems to be at its worst from January to March. Maybe if I had full density I wouldn't notice it as much.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Interesting, I'll try not to worry about it if it happens then!

I have just got over a shed from swapping minoxidils, it's been worrying but thankfully there's been lots of improvement over the last months. These sheds are hard.

I may have been in the same boat. Two weeks ago i ran out of Minox Foam and used my backup Minox (normal oil) and I shed a boat load for a few days and itched like a mofo. I had to rush to the store to get the foam back and I'm back to normal with no shedding or itching. I didn't expect that. Was that similar to your switching?

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

No mine was over a longer period of time - about 2 months after swapping from 12.5% cream once a day to Kirkland 5% foam twice per day. Crown was thinner, mid scalp was patchier, hair was falling out.........really horrible. Over the last few weeks to a month it's much thicker.

Ironically the improvement has been since I stopped using Nizoral too. I was worried that it wasn't a shed and that propecia had just stopped working, so to now see improvement is a huge relief.

At least yours was a short term shed and taught you a lesson, keep some back up foam!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon