FUE with NeoGraft 12 Days Ago...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I left as many examples up as I could, but I did have to take some down. Hopefully there is still enough information for outside readers to follow.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Too bad you had to take down so many examples, Future_HT_Doc. It didn't look like there was any additional dissecting of grafts in the first Sean Rima video that was posted and now is removed.

Interestingly enough, the Neograft video on Mickey85's link boasts "No Additional Cutting Needed" at 1:47 seconds:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169281-ultimate-manual-versus-motorized-fue-thread.html

Regardless, it is pretty shocking to see Doctor Jeffrey Hall doing nothing more than administering anesthetic in the Rima video. Even the hair line is drawn in by the techs - and that's the only line they draw! No additional lines are drawn for dividing the scalp into different regions like I have seen in videos posted by some of the highly respected doctors such as Shapiro and Shapiro. I guess that's partly why the results posted on Dr. Hall's Austin Hair Graft website look so poor....

Honestly, it seems like these techs were drawn from some "Nails by Design" boutique....wonder if Dr. Hall provided Rima with a pedicure and toe painting while Rima waited....

Oh, and Dr. Lindsey, I did check out Tafoya's training page - similarly pathetic before and after pictures...

I just don't know what to make of this unregulated field...Can anyone literally just cut out hairs, make new slits, and implant hairs without state monitored training, licensing, and regulation? If so - where do I sign up? :D

Thank you Blake and Tyger for your responses.

Tyger I am sorry for your poor outcome. I've read your history and threads. Do you feel your poor outcomes are a result of the Neograft machine itself or poor technique on the part of the doctor and his techs/assistants? Or a combination of both?

I believe my bad result was a combination of several things, the neograft machine itself being one and the main contributor. My result was cosmetically compromised from the onset and the graphs were not aligned at 15 degree angle thus don't hug the skin as they should for an African American male nor was the hairline drawn with any precise measurements. A "skilled" experienced surgeon could've alleviated the outcome of my result in those aspects but overall the hair simply didn't grow which I believe is due to the neograft itself. A great carpenter is only as good as his tools are so I don't harp too much on the assistant's skill level who performed my surgery. The learning curve for this device is not steep which is why so many Tom, D*cks, Harry's and in my case Jane's are performing surgeries with neograft.

It's not an all inclusive device and you won't find an African American male with a great result with Neograft. It's torture on our curly roots and destroys them. If it's just a niche device and people want to laud some select results then so be it but I'm not a proponent of neograft and neither are the surgeons I've consulted with.

Tyger,

Your last paragraph where you state african americans are not good candidates for neograft (fue) and kills roots due to their curly nature is SPOT ON. Not everyone is a good candidate for the fue method, whether with the neograft or any other fue tool for that matter. This "fue movement" that is going on is going to bring out a huge wave of unsatisfied patients that were never good candidates to begin with. Unfortunately many doctors/technicians put money first before what's best for a patient..pretty sad.

If you find yourself a doctor that offers both, then you can get an unbiased recommendation of what method is best...putting your interests/results first.

Best of luck and thanks or sharing your story!!!!

t

I'M BACK! Can I get a "Whoop! Whoop!" :D

Blake:

While I'm speculating a bit, I assume the graft placement in the AZ case was completed with the NeoGraft machine itself (and not a Lion Implanter - as it was with Dr. Vories).

Speculation is great - it's the foundation of the scientific method, yes? What have you observed about the Neograft machine or company's methodology that leads you to hypothesize that graft placement was completed with the NeoGraft machine?

A 19 gauge needle would probably make a (roughly) 1.1 - 1.2 mm site in the recipient scalp. Many think this is too large, even for the 3-4 hair follicular unit grafts - which are normally 1.0 mm in diameter.

Ok, so you meant 18 gauge needle, but even so, why do people consider the Hans Implanter too large regardless of which needle is being used? The recent recommendation of Dr. Lorenzo was met with complete and overwhelming approval, with accolades such as "The best FUE surgeon in the world" (think that was Dr. Feller, actually). By the way, how many needle options are there, and to clarify, the largest FUG possible is 3-4?

Finally to return to PupDaddy's concern:

Because if, as your surgeon advised, the tech or nurse is doing the "placement" of the grafts in the recipient sites, and the clinic uses implanter pens for FUE, then the nurse or tech is also necessarily creating the recipient sites

What are your thoughts on techs/assistants creating the recipient sites?

I'M BACK! Can I get a "Whoop! Whoop!" :D

Blake:

Speculation is great - it's the foundation of the scientific method, yes? What have you observed about the Neograft machine or company's methodology that leads you to hypothesize that graft placement was completed with the NeoGraft machine?

Nathaniel,

Again, I'm only trying to say the following: the NeoGraft machine possesses a function for graft placement. The head is able to vacuum up the extracted grafts and eject them into pre-made incisions. When physicians/teams use the NeoGraft device, they have two options for graft placement: 1. placing the grafts via the NeoGraft function or 2. placing the grafts via a different method (either using an implanter tool or by making the incisions and placing with forceps).

Ok, so you meant 18 gauge needle, but even so, why do people consider the Hans Implanter too large regardless of which needle is being used?

They don't. The comments about the needle being "too large" only refers to incision sites made for the largest follicular unit grafts with the largest guage needle. However, please keep in mind that the tool comes with a variety of needle sizes, and physicians are not forced to use the largest needle. For example, Dr. Vories recently stated he only uses 0.8mm and 1.0mm needles during his procedures. Clearly, he believes a 1.0mm needle is large enough to properly place the 3-4 hair follicular unit grafts, and this isn't going to create excessively large sites.

The recent recommendation of Dr. Lorenzo was met with complete and overwhelming approval, with accolades such as "The best FUE surgeon in the world" (think that was Dr. Feller, actually). By the way, how many needle options are there, and to clarify, the largest FUG possible is 3-4?

I think Dr. Lorenzo's work speaks for itself ;). What's more, he actually helped design the Hans Lion implanter. Frankly, I'm not certain exactly how many needle sizes are available, but I know FUE punch tools usually range from 0.6 mm to 1.1 mm, with somewhere between 0.75-0.9 mm being average. It's likely the implantation needle sizes are available in a range meeting these requirements. Yes, 3-4 hair follicular units are generally considered the largest.

What are your thoughts on techs/assistants creating the recipient sites?

I'm a big proponent of "hands on" hair transplant surgeons. While I truly believe hair transplant surgery is a collaborative and team-based effort, I always support a physician lead team and doctors who make their own incisions and create their own graft sites.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you, Blake, for responding as always - I knew you wouldn't let me put any words in your mouth ^^

I wonder what you think of GreatPelo's comments below: I have wavy, curly hair...

Tyger,

Your last paragraph where you state african americans are not good candidates for neograft (fue) and kills roots due to their curly nature is SPOT ON. Not everyone is a good candidate for the fue method, whether with the neograft or any other fue tool for that matter.

Nathaniel,

I wanted to clarify a few things:

1. An automated FUE tool refers to a device that has some level of independent functioning. This means the device is able to truly robotically assist the surgeon and offer some level of independent automation. As of now, the only device capable of this is the ARTAS.

2. Motorized FUE devices are handheld punches that feature a motorized mechanism. There are a variety of motorized tools, including the NeoGraft, uses today.

Blake, I wish to return to this response, and quite frankly would love it if Dr. Lindsey would clarify himself. It almost seems like from your response that Dr. Lindsey's robotic repair cases are all former ARTAS patients. Is this what you meant? If so that suggests to me that an ARTAS procedure is not the procedure for me!

I would really like to hear Dr. Lindsey respond, however, to my post of June 26 reprinted below (anyone know his e-mail?). And I'd like to add: 1.5 mm punch scars? Which automated devices do this???

Quote:

"Every week nowadays, and yesterday was a fine example, I see a patient who presents for repair of automated FUE."

For clarification, Dr. Lindsey, there are only two automated FUE machines currently in use in the hair transplant field, Neograft and ARTAS, correct? Are these new breed of patients former Neograft or ARTAS patients? Or a combination of both, and if so, what percentage?

Quote:

"Yesterday's guy was typical of this new breed of patient. He saw a flyer or ad for an automated FUE marketed by a general plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon office, went to them thinking that they do hair routinely, and then find that after meeting with the plastic surgeon for a few minutes on the day of surgery, that some "non-employee technicians" (I'm quoting the patient) do their case...Often times, and I brought yesterdays consulting patient in to the procedure room to meet our patient on whom we were working yesterday(for comparison), the consulting patient has what appears to be 300-500 grafts scattered along the hairline. Surrounding these grafts are lots of miniturized hairs that almost certainly will go soon, and the donor area has what appears to be 1000 or so 1.5mm punch scars."

So you're saying that out of 1000 or so FUE automated punches, only 300-500 survived intact enough to make it into the hairline? Are the miniaturized hairs also implanted hairs, or are they native hairs; and why will the almost certainly go soon?

Thank you, Dr. Lindsey!

Edited by nathaniel
quotation marks added for clarification

...the consulting patient has what appears to be 300-500 grafts scattered along the hairline. Surrounding these grafts are lots of miniturized hairs that almost certainly will go soon, and the donor area has what appears to be 1000 or so 1.5mm punch scars.

Can physicians tell if they have transected a follicle at the time of extraction? In other words, out of a 1000 punches, the 300-500 grafts are all that the physician implanted because he knew the others were transected? Or did he implant all 1000 grafts, and only 300-500 actually grew because the rest were transected unbeknownst to the physician?

I and others have been calling for graft breakdowns by hair units, but perhaps we need to go even farther in calling for the number of intact grafts extracted versus transected grafts extracted BEFORE they are divided into groupings of 1's, 2's, 3's & 4's.

Absolutely Nathaniel. A doctor will know if they've transected a graft or not. Due to the blind harvest nature of the FUE method, transection rate is higher...thus result is less impacting. It'll be interesting as more patients get their end result using the FUE method (mind you doctors skill will vary, thus results will vary)...

I have seen patients with good and bad FUE results from a variety of techniques. And again remember, FUE is hard, and unpredictable...at least compared to the fairly predictable, but not guaranteed results of strip.

I personally have had "home runs" with FUE and a couple of "no hitters", so do not take me slandering other techniques of FUE while I sit here with all perfect results....that is not the case. Rather I am concerned about the lack of informed consent that the patients that I've seen from aggressively market automated FUE centers, or as a spin off from a non-hair practices.

Consumers, patients-car buyers-house buyers-people getting engaged...., all need to fully educate themselves and then make the best decision that they can. Websites like this are an excellent resource. And so is in person consultation with a doctor (or more than one). Unfortunately I'm seeing an increasing number of patients who have seen or heard 1 ad, and signed up immediately.

I feel patients need to know the pros and cons of FUE vs Strip, the range of possible outcomes, see a few pics of cases that that particular doctor has done, actually see a case in progress if at all possible, and then figure out what is best for him. I strive to do that at our place and I know several other recommended doctors personally who conduct business along this same philosophy as well.

And particularly for younger guys, on whom I have no problem operating (as long as they are fully informed), I encourage them to bring their parents to the consultation and surgery as well. I know from personal experience that my own decision making skill improved through out my 20s...and I benefited from advice along the way..particularly in my early 20s.

So bottom line...FUE results can vary even in the best of hands (so can strip but a lot less so). I'm not sure automated FUE in good hands is any better or worse than any other technique. And patients should fully educate themselves prior to making decisions. A flashy ad should serve as an attention getter and call for more education on the topic by any consumer.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

And again remember, FUE is hard, and unpredictable...at least compared to the fairly predictable, but not guaranteed results of strip.

I politely but strongly disagree with this statement. If FUE was so unpredictable would Doctors like Lorenzo, Reddy, Edrogan, De Reys, Umar, Demirsoy, Eser and Hakan still be in business? 4 out of 8 of those doctors are recommended on here, how could that be possible if a decent percentage of their results were failing due to FUE's 'unpredictability? FUE also is more than 50% of Maras, Feriduni, Bisanga(recently said 80% is FUE) and Mwamba's work, they are all recommended and don't complain about the unpredictability of FUE and their results look great.

Lorenzo has over 170 videos of before/afters purely via FUE, more video cases than any other surgeon except for H&W. That is a triumph in consistency and shows that there is no smoking gun when it comes to poor FUE results other than skill and the lack of time and effort taken to develop that skill.

Strip surgeons always go on about blaming FUE itself and ignore the clinics that put out consistent and great FUE results daily and have for many years whilst trying to convey that strip is king and FUE is a pure gamble. On European forums, strip cases are in the minority, there are a myriad of FUE cases, it is the go-to method in Europe unless the patient is a high Norwood. Those patients and clinics certainly don't feel FUE is some Pandora's box.

I'm not defending NeoGraft, frankly I would not undergo a Neograft procedure if they paid me. But FUE in it's purest sense is superior than strip in my opinion.

Edited by Mickey85

I personally have had "home runs" with FUE and a couple of "no hitters", so do not take me slandering other techniques of FUE while I sit here with all perfect results....that is not the case.

I VERY much appreciate your honesty and transparency, Dr. Lindsey.

Rather I am concerned about the lack of informed consent that the patients that I've seen from aggressively market automated FUE centers, or as a spin off from a non-hair practices.

I am, too, Dr. Lindsey. "Shocking" is the term I would use.

I'm not sure automated FUE in good hands is any better or worse than any other technique.

ok, good to know....still can't say I'm feeling very confident in automated FUE technology at this point -whatever automated device it may be...But I understand your not explicitly stating any brand names...

I would like two more bits of clarification if you can find the time as I know you are busy. Could you please explain my question below about your reference to miniaturized hairs? Also my question about 300-500 grafts on the hairline?

Are the miniaturized hairs also implanted hairs, or are they native hairs; and why will they almost certainly go soon?

In other words, out of a 1000 punches, the 300-500 grafts are all that the physician implanted because he knew the others were transected? Or did he implant all 1000 grafts, and only 300-500 actually grew because the rest were transected unbeknownst to the physician?

According to Pelo physicians know when they have transected a graft. I don't understand therefore why it's necessary to wait and see how a FUE procedure turns out UNLESS physicians are implanting both transected grafts and non-transected grafts - which makes no sense to me. Why implant a transected graph?

Again, thank you Dr. Lindsey for your time, honesty, and transparency. This type of clarity definitely makes me feel like your clinic is a clinic worth considering.

Mickey85,

I was wondering how you might respond to Dr. Lindsey's position on FUE in general.

Dr. Lindsey, have a bit more time to reply to Mickey85's posting?

Thank you!

I respect Dr Lindsey. But I do disagree with alot of things he says on FUE. It is correct that he does not pretend that his FUE results are better than everyone else's. That's not the problem I have. The problem is the he relegates FUE to some Pandora's Box technique/throw of the dice/experimental method when there are many clinics practicing it exclusively with the same consistency as strip clinics. All while going on about the higher predictable of strip. What about the predictability of scar stretch via strip? Or the potential for permanent numbness or tingling in the donor area? Or the change of geometry/flow of hair direction in the donor?

Where is the "like" bottom? I want to like Mickey's comment! ;-). Here in Europe FUE is by far the most desired technique for patients. At least at the forums I am a member. I respect and like Dr. Lindsey' work but can not agree with his comment in regard FUE being unpredictable. On YouTube we have thousands of examples and hundreds from doctosr like Lorenzo, Erdogan, Bisanga and others.

Edited by Denny

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

folks, I had FUE in February of this year. I am just about to reach 5 months and I already love the growth I am seeing. I had 2159 grafts. People who I told about it have already made genuinely very positive comments about it. I live I. The US now but used to live in Ireland and while I was in Ireland last Friday I went to a barber very good friend of mine for a haircut. I didn't say anything and just wanted to see if he would notice. I got a blade 3 back and sides and trim on top. He asked me "why are you shaving the front of your head and not letting it grow" and I told him what he is seeing are all the FUE transplanted hairs now growing from a surgery in Feb.. He then admitted to doing the same thing in ireland and his hair looks great. For me even 1 week later more has grown and I am very excited about it. I totally respect those who have opted for strip surgery, but I want to say that I am very happy with my neograft FUE. From what I cam see based on the post surgery hair wash photos, everything transplanted looks to be growing and if everything transplanted is not growing yet I have confidence that it will. So in a nutshell I am very very happy with my neograft FUE surgery. Good luck.

• 7 months later...

You are very misinformed about certain facts regarding NeoGraft. You make claims that are incorrect. I will answer you directly under each sentence I wish to address. Your claims are in parenthesis [like this].

[One of the reasons I don't like NEOGRAFT is it appears they will sell it anyone.]

Answer:

By"sell it to anyone" do mean a majority of the top surgeons in the U.S who have bought the Neogaft machine? Because that is who is buying the NeoGraft machine!. Most of the hair transplant doctors, who do not have a Neograft machine, have not had any surgical training. They may call themselves cosmetic surgeons or hair transplant surgeons, but they are not board certified surgeons. It is just a name they use. It is the doctors from this group that is not board certified, who criticize to highly trained mostly surgical specialists who buy the Neograft machine. The majority of the hair transplant doctors are family doctors who wanted to do hair transplants and were trained by other hair transplant doctors, most of whom have never had any formal training in surgery. The majority of these non formally surgically trained doctors continue to do and promote the STRIP method. NeoGraft is purposely sold to doctors that are mostly real board certified surgeons and they are the ones who mostly buy the NeoGraft machine.

Doing a Neograft FUE hair transplant is not a difficult procedure. It is minimally invasive. Any great surgeon that does complicated surgery on accident victims and on patients with grave conditions could learn to use the machine quite quickly. Furthermore, Neograft, being automated, simplifies the procedure to such a degree that the surgeon, or even a doctor that is not a board certified surgeon can learn to be very competent on this machine. This false rumor of selling to "anyone" was started by the hair transplant doctors who did not have a Neograft machine and were not board certified surgeons. Most of them continue to do STRIP or claim to do an FUE procedure but they do not know how to use the NeoGraft FUE machine unless they have one. Why do they continue to spread false statements about NeoGraft: Most likely they feel threatened by the Neograft machine, as it is competition for their older, more invasive Strip Method. They can earn money with the STRIP method, so many of these doctor may feel they do not want to invest money in a new technique like NeoGraft FUE whereby they have to retrain, even if that technique has many advantages for the patient.

[ It appears many doctors that I never done hair transplants are trying it with no other experience in hair transplants at all. ]

Answer:

This is a nonsense statement. The doctors who get the most training in hair restoration are those with board certified Plastic or Dermatological Surgical degrees. Therefore those board certified surgeons who are mostly buying the NeoGraft machine had the most opportunity to get such training. They are also, as mentioned real board certified surgeons. Most of the STRIP doctors who are making these false claims have not had formal surgical training, as I stated above, so they are the least qualified for doing surgical procedures. Anytime a new machine comes out for a medical procedure, doctors are trained on it, as they were with Neograft. It is the same with all specialities. Before the Neograft machine came to the market, there were no doctors who knew how to use NeoGraft. The doctors who make these complaints about "no experience" are the STRIP hair transplant procedure doctors. They may have experience with STRIP but this does not count for the FUE NeoGraft procedure which is different. They are the one's with no expeience in NeoGraft FUE.

NeoGraft is an FUE hair transplant procedure which most of the STRIP doctors themselves do not have experience in. The only doctors who have experience in Neograft hair procedures are the ones NeoGraft trains. So how can the STRIP doctors claim that the NeoGraft doctors have "no experience" in a NeoGraft FUE procedure, when they themselves have never been trained on the NeoGraft machine. These STRIP doctors are the ones who have "no experience doing Neograft FUE.". This "no experience" comment is ridiculous to say and meant to confuse the patient to not come to a Neograft doctor, again because the STRIP doctor is worried about losing patients to Neograft. When a doctor is making claims about a NeoGraft doctor not having any experience he means no experience with the STRIP method, like they have. But NeoGraft doctors do not use the STRIP method.!! So does this criticism make any sense!! It is meant to confuse you to bring you, the patient into their office.

[up to now I have never seen a great NEOGRAFT result only average at best. None of the world top FUE doctors use it which is enough for me. Why wouldn't a doctor want to use a machine that they say makes things a lot easier. Its probably because they don't believe in it. ]

Answer: Again you are mistaken. If Neograft results were not excellent then why would such a large number of renowned doctors who own the Neograft machine have a Neograft hair transplant themselves? These doctors do the hair transplants so they know the procedure better than anyone and yet they chose a Neograft hair transplant for themselves. Furthermore, the NeoGraft company is a very honest company who does not try to fool anyone by only showing the hair transplants of people who had a lot of donor hair from which the grafts could be extracted. Anyone can make a hair transplant look amazing if the patient has a lot of hair to give to the bald spots. Unfortunately many patients do not have a lot of hair to give to the bald spots so the doctors do the best with what hair they have. This is the majority of patients. The Neograft doctor does the best he can with those hair transplants and posts those pictures as well, because that is the honest way to let people know the potential for each person.

I hope you reconsider your claims and stop trying to confuse patients.

Regardless I wish you the best and hope you have a fantastic result.

You are very misinformed about certain facts regarding NeoGraft. You make claims that are incorrect. I will answer you directly under each sentence I wish to address. Your claims are in parenthesis [like this].

[One of the reasons I don't like NEOGRAFT is it appears they will sell it anyone.]

Answer:

By"sell it to anyone" do mean a majority of the top surgeons in the U.S who have bought the Neogaft machine? Because that is who is buying the NeoGraft machine!. Most of the hair transplant doctors, who do not have a Neograft machine, have not had any surgical training. They may call themselves cosmetic surgeons or hair transplant surgeons, but they are not board certified surgeons. It is just a name they use. It is the doctors from this group that is not board certified, who criticize to highly trained mostly surgical specialists who buy the Neograft machine. The majority of the hair transplant doctors are family doctors who wanted to do hair transplants and were trained by other hair transplant doctors, most of whom have never had any formal training in surgery. The majority of these non formally surgically trained doctors continue to do and promote the STRIP method. NeoGraft is purposely sold to doctors that are mostly real board certified surgeons and they are the ones who mostly buy the NeoGraft machine.

Doing a Neograft FUE hair transplant is not a difficult procedure. It is minimally invasive. Any great surgeon that does complicated surgery on accident victims and on patients with grave conditions could learn to use the machine quite quickly. Furthermore, Neograft, being automated, simplifies the procedure to such a degree that the surgeon, or even a doctor that is not a board certified surgeon can learn to be very competent on this machine. This false rumor of selling to "anyone" was started by the hair transplant doctors who did not have a Neograft machine and were not board certified surgeons. Most of them continue to do STRIP or claim to do an FUE procedure but they do not know how to use the NeoGraft FUE machine unless they have one. Why do they continue to spread false statements about NeoGraft: Most likely they feel threatened by the Neograft machine, as it is competition for their older, more invasive Strip Method. They can earn money with the STRIP method, so many of these doctor may feel they do not want to invest money in a new technique like NeoGraft FUE whereby they have to retrain, even if that technique has many advantages for the patient.

[ It appears many doctors that I never done hair transplants are trying it with no other experience in hair transplants at all. ]

Answer:

This is a nonsense statement. The doctors who get the most training in hair restoration are those with board certified Plastic or Dermatological Surgical degrees. Therefore those board certified surgeons who are mostly buying the NeoGraft machine had the most opportunity to get such training. They are also, as mentioned real board certified surgeons. Most of the STRIP doctors who are making these false claims have not had formal surgical training, as I stated above, so they are the least qualified for doing surgical procedures. Anytime a new machine comes out for a medical procedure, doctors are trained on it, as they were with Neograft. It is the same with all specialities. Before the Neograft machine came to the market, there were no doctors who knew how to use NeoGraft. The doctors who make these complaints about "no experience" are the STRIP hair transplant procedure doctors. They may have experience with STRIP but this does not count for the FUE NeoGraft procedure which is different. They are the one's with no expeience in NeoGraft FUE.

NeoGraft is an FUE hair transplant procedure which most of the STRIP doctors themselves do not have experience in. The only doctors who have experience in Neograft hair procedures are the ones NeoGraft trains. So how can the STRIP doctors claim that the NeoGraft doctors have "no experience" in a NeoGraft FUE procedure, when they themselves have never been trained on the NeoGraft machine. These STRIP doctors are the ones who have "no experience doing Neograft FUE.". This "no experience" comment is ridiculous to say and meant to confuse the patient to not come to a Neograft doctor, again because the STRIP doctor is worried about losing patients to Neograft. When a doctor is making claims about a NeoGraft doctor not having any experience he means no experience with the STRIP method, like they have. But NeoGraft doctors do not use the STRIP method.!! So does this criticism make any sense!! It is meant to confuse you to bring you, the patient into their office.

[up to now I have never seen a great NEOGRAFT result only average at best. None of the world top FUE doctors use it which is enough for me. Why wouldn't a doctor want to use a machine that they say makes things a lot easier. Its probably because they don't believe in it. ]

Answer: Again you are mistaken. If Neograft results were not excellent then why would such a large number of renowned doctors who own the Neograft machine have a Neograft hair transplant themselves? These doctors do the hair transplants so they know the procedure better than anyone and yet they chose a Neograft hair transplant for themselves. Furthermore, the NeoGraft company is a very honest company who does not try to fool anyone by only showing the hair transplants of people who had a lot of donor hair from which the grafts could be extracted. Anyone can make a hair transplant look amazing if the patient has a lot of hair to give to the bald spots. Unfortunately many patients do not have a lot of hair to give to the bald spots so the doctors do the best with what hair they have. This is the majority of patients. The Neograft doctor does the best he can with those hair transplants and posts those pictures as well, because that is the honest way to let people know the potential for each person.

One of the reasons I don't like NEOGRAFT is it appears they will sell it anyone. It appears many doctors that I never done hair transplants are trying it with no other experience in hair transplants at all. Up to now I have never seen a great NEOGRAFT result only average at best. None of the world top FUE doctors use it which is enough for me. Why wouldn't a doctor want to use a machine that they say makes things a lot easier. Its probably because they don't believe in it.

Answer:

By"sell it to anyone" do mean a majority of the top surgeons in the U.S who have bought the Neogaft machine? Because that is who is buying the NeoGraft machine!. Most of the hair transplant doctors, who do not have a Neograft machine, have not had any surgical training. They may call themselves cosmetic surgeons or hair transplant surgeons, but they are not board certified surgeons. It is just a name they use. It is the doctors from this group that is not board certified, who criticize to highly trained mostly surgical

specialists who buy the Neograft machine. The majority of the hair transplant doctors are family doctors who wanted to do hair transplants and were trained by other hair transplant doctors, most of whom have never had any formal training in surgery. The majority of these non formally surgically trained doctors continue to do and promote the STRIP method. NeoGraft is purposely sold to doctors that are mostly real board certified surgeons and they are the ones who mostly buy the NeoGraft machine.

folks, I had FUE in February of this year. I am just about to reach 5 months and I already love the growth I am seeing. I had 2159 grafts. People who I told about it have already made genuinely very positive comments about it. I live I. The US now but used to live in Ireland and while I was in Ireland last Friday I went to a barber very good friend of mine for a haircut. I didn't say anything and just wanted to see if he would notice. I got a blade 3 back and sides and trim on top. He asked me "why are you shaving the front of your head and not letting it grow" and I told him what he is seeing are all the FUE transplanted hairs now growing from a surgery in Feb.. He then admitted to doing the same thing in ireland and his hair looks great. For me even 1 week later more has grown and I am very excited about it. I totally respect those who have opted for strip surgery, but I want to say that I am very happy with my neograft FUE. From what I cam see based on the post surgery hair wash photos, everything transplanted looks to be growing and if everything transplanted is not growing yet I have confidence that it will. So in a nutshell I am very very happy with my neograft FUE surgery. Good luck.

It appears many doctors that I never done hair transplants are trying it with no other experience in hair transplants at all. ]

Answer: