Urgent call: Please advise me

shiny8899

Dear friends,

I have been following this great community for long time but this is my first thread. I am in London and I am planing to do a FUE as soon as possible in Turkey as I have seen some good results and cheaper than in Europe. I have been looking for information about hair implant doctors in Turkey and finally I concluded with the following doctors:

1- Dr. Aslan

2- Dr. Koray Erdogan

3- Dr. Mehmet Guclu

4- Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

5- Dr. Hakan Doganay

So, I really need your advices and opinion regarding the above mentioned doctors and also which one should I pick up for my hair implant surgery? I really need your advice from all angles especially with regard to technique, results, cleanness, price and manners. I knew that only Dr. Hakan Doganay is recommended on this community but I could not find enough patiants experience of this community. I only found two cases and most of them uploaded by Dr. Doganay and not by the patiants of this community. I just look forward to reading your opinions and advices in order to just get my hair done as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone

Mate spend a few days researching these Docs on here, Dr Hakan and Dr Koray really are great FUE Docs. Use the search engine as these Docs have been discussed quite a lot in recent months and Dr Hakan is recommended on here:cool:

Dont really know to much about the other Docs, however this isn't to say they don't produce the goods as Turkey is becoming a force regarding FUE docs.

This of course is only my opinion.

Well i am booked in with Dr Hakan at the end of May and have been in touch with a few of he's patients via email, if you like i can forward you their email address but will have to ask them for permission first as they are not on this forum.

Regarding the other Docs you could get in touch with their reps and ask if you could talk to some of their patients, i know a quite a few Docs offer this.

Well i am booked in with Dr Hakan at the end of May and have been in touch with a few of he's patients via email, if you like i can forward you their email address but will have to ask them for permission first as they are not on this forum.

Soo many thanks and yes pls forward those emails if you could. Regarding your contacts with Dr Hakan, did you ask him about the motorised tool as it is not popular in here? also, how much he will charge per graft and what did you think of him?

I am also planing to do my HT in May.

Shiny,

It seems like you've done your research, and put together a solid list of potential physicians. Frankly, because I'm familiar with his work and know he's an excellent FUE practitioner, I'd personally recommend Dr. Hakan.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Shiny,

It seems like you've done your research, and put together a solid list of potential physicians. Frankly, because I'm familiar with his work and know he's an excellent FUE practitioner, I'd personally recommend Dr. Hakan.

Good luck!

Many thanks for your recommendation. Dr. Hakan is the most potential for me but I could not find enough information about him. All his work images are posted by him not by the patiants themselves. Also, I could not find any interview or talk for him online or on youtube. Dr. Erdogan also a very potential for me but I read some bad experiences of his patiants on non-english forum :confused:

I am booked with Dr. Koray. Trust me I did a lot of research and couldn't find ny bad result from him. I appreciate if you could send me a PM with your bad findings!

I am a Brazilian living in Germany and Dr. Koray is very well recommended in German Forums. He is involved in the whole procedure, the extraction is done manually and his results are amazing. I am sure you saw some of his results on youtube under Asmed. But I also considered Dr. Hakan, his results are also very nice. I believe you will be fine, no matter with whom you are going to. Good luck!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

shiny8899,

Dr. Hakan Doganay has been prescreened and is recommended by our online community. To see how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here.

In my opinion, Dr. Doganay is definitely worth considering and consulting with.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Bill many thanks for your kind input. I contacted all the five Doctors by email and I sent them 19 photos of my hair. Dr. Aslan replied that he will implant me 5000 to 5500 grafts in Two days with a fixed price of $5300 including receiving from and to the airport, three days in a hotel and medication.

Dr. Koray Erdogan asked me to send him my telephone number to call me and I did but He has not called me yet.

Dr. Mehmet Guclu has not replied to my email yet.

Dr. Erkan Demirsoy replied that I need 4000 to 4500 grafts in one session and about 2000 graft in the second session next day. He charges 1euro for each graft.

Dr. Hakan Doganay said that I need 4500 and he charges 2euros per graft.

Although I am keen to do the surgery with Dr. Hakan but I think he is a bit expensive. The second option for me which I think I am going to do with is Dr. Erkan Demirsoy. The reasons are because I read that he takes only one patiant every day and he does most of the surgery not the technicians. Also, the price is quite near my budget though it is a bit expensive in comparison to other doctors in Turkey. He also gave me the option to choose between the motorized or manual punch for the surgery.

So guys, what do you think about the above offers? and do you think there would be a danger on me or my hair to implant 4000 grafts in one day and 2000 grafts next day as Dr. Erkan offered?

• 2 months later...

I have noticed that Dr Hakan Doganay is popular on this web site and many people are promoting him.

I have been seeking quotes for the last few days from Turkish surgeons and he was one of them I contacted. However, within a few hours of completing an online form and sending my pictures I had a kurt response from him saying that I was not suitable for a HT, which I believe is complete rubbish. It was clear that Dr Doganay could not be bothered to either quote or simply did not want to do any work with my hair. Granted, I am a Norward 6 so there is quite a lot of work to do, but I have received quotes from all other surgeons and all thought my donor area is suitable at the back of my head. I also had a detailed quote from Dr Feridumi in Belgium too for 3,500 FUs.

It would be good to read about other surgeons from Turkey being recommended on this forum other than Dr Doganay, particularly if he is unwilling to help me.

I have read a few +ve comments about Dr Demirsoy and also Dr Tugrul Maral in this forum, but it would be good to see some other posts relating to these surgeons or other Turkish FUE surgeons on this forum.

Are there any other Turkish surgeons that other forum members could recommend?

Many thanks.

Hi bunnyman, Dr. Doganay is recommended on this forum due to the very good results he usually presents. I just came back from Turkey. I met Dr. Koray Erdogan and I am going to have my procedure with him. He has many cases on the Internet under Asmed (his clinic), check them out. When I was in his clinic, I met two of his former patients (NW5 and NW6) with great results. I have a thread telling a little bit about my experience. Take a look and feel free to ask me any questions!

Edited by Denny

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

I have noticed that Dr Hakan Doganay is popular on this web site and many people are promoting him.

I have been seeking quotes for the last few days from Turkish surgeons and he was one of them I contacted. However, within a few hours of completing an online form and sending my pictures I had a kurt response from him saying that I was not suitable for a HT, which I believe is complete rubbish. It was clear that Dr Doganay could not be bothered to either quote or simply did not want to do any work with my hair. Granted, I am a Norward 6 so there is quite a lot of work to do, but I have received quotes from all other surgeons and all thought my donor area is suitable at the back of my head. I also had a detailed quote from Dr Feridumi in Belgium too for 3,500 FUs.

It would be good to read about other surgeons from Turkey being recommended on this forum other than Dr Doganay, particularly if he is unwilling to help me.

I have read a few +ve comments about Dr Demirsoy and also Dr Tugrul Maral in this forum, but it would be good to see some other posts relating to these surgeons or other Turkish FUE surgeons on this forum.

Many thanks.

The reason Dr. Doganay didn't reply is that you probably emailed the wrong email. I have seen around 3 different email addresses for him. I'll PM you the one I contact him on.

Many thanks.

You should not dismiss Dr Doganay assessment so quickly, as very few NW 6 patients have enough donor to cover their recipient area to any kind of acceptable density via fue. I don't know what method Dr. Feriduni was going to perform, however if 3500 grafts is all you have available it will not do much to cover your balding areas.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Bill many thanks for your kind input. I contacted all the five Doctors by email and I sent them 19 photos of my hair. Dr. Aslan replied that he will implant me 5000 to 5500 grafts in Two days with a fixed price of $5300 including receiving from and to the airport, three days in a hotel and medication.

Dr. Koray Erdogan asked me to send him my telephone number to call me and I did but He has not called me yet.

Dr. Mehmet Guclu has not replied to my email yet.

Dr. Erkan Demirsoy replied that I need 4000 to 4500 grafts in one session and about 2000 graft in the second session next day. He charges 1euro for each graft.

Dr. Hakan Doganay said that I need 4500 and he charges 2euros per graft.

Although I am keen to do the surgery with Dr. Hakan but I think he is a bit expensive. The second option for me which I think I am going to do with is Dr. Erkan Demirsoy. The reasons are because I read that he takes only one patiant every day and he does most of the surgery not the technicians. Also, the price is quite near my budget though it is a bit expensive in comparison to other doctors in Turkey. He also gave me the option to choose between the motorized or manual punch for the surgery.

So guys, what do you think about the above offers? and do you think there would be a danger on me or my hair to implant 4000 grafts in one day and 2000 grafts next day as Dr. Erkan offered?

Hi shiny I tried to Pm you to get some more info..if you are active please let me know.

I need some advisee from you.

thanks

Dr. Aslan replied that he will implant me 5000 to 5500 grafts in Two days

with a fixed price of $5300 including receiving from and to the airport, three days in a hotel and medication.

whoa.....developing country prices are amazing!

$5300 for 5500 grafts?

Wow!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

My opinion is to compare methods/tools of extraction and implantation and go with whatever is most appealing (along with your budget ofcourse).

4500-6500 grafts extracted in 2 sessions would be quite exhausting if done manually in my opinion, especially if your aiming for the maximum graft count.

To me micro motor seems far more efficient. But keep in mind that graft survival rate will depend on how skilled/experienced your doctor is with the tool, as the doctor will be removing grafts at a much faster rate and there would obviously be much higher risk of transection. As far as im aware both Dr. Hakan Doganay and Dr. Erkan Demirsoy use this method with high success rate and very minimal scarring in the donor area.

Best of luck with your future HT very nice list of doctors btw ;)

Edited by B-KW
i take that back, not advice.. simply opinion based on my little experience so far.

• 9 months later...