Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, PRP 0-7 Months

Female Asian Patient.

Diffused thinning, treated with PRP.

These are 7 months updates.

Special thanks to the patient for allowing us to post these results so far.

Before PRP

prp7.jpg

prp2.jpg

prp3.jpg

prp4.jpg

prp5.jpg

Post PRP 7 Month update. Photos provided by the patient. We will get some new clinic shots in the coming months when she returns for another treatment.

20130331_114940.jpg

20130331_114859.jpg

20130331_114729.jpg

20130331_114629.jpg

Edited by sl
picture missing.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

This is PRP only with no hair transplantation? If so, very impressive! I wonder if PRP plays a more significant role in female hair loss sufferers?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for the comments.

This was one treatment only, the patient will return for another one soon.

When we saw the initial photos of the patient we ruled out a transplant really due to the diffused nature of the loss. The traditional donor area is also suffering from loss and miniaturisation and therefore would not be a safe or wise place to harvest from.

This can be the nature moreso of female loss and have seen this also in Asian patients more commonly.

PRP alone was administered and I can say this patient has responded well and it is great to see this result for her and to see what further treatments will do.

For male sufferers, mostly we administer PRP in conjunction with surgery, so it is hard to evaluate how much the PRP per se has worked and especially so if in the same area as the transplant.

We have had some encouraging results with females and they certainly do seem to respond well. I am in contact with male patients and seeing if I can get updates also from them so we can have more data on male/female and also on ethnic groupings.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

This looks great and is a case that diffuse thinners would be very encouraged by.

Seeing as I'm a 30 year old bloke on the Ludwig scale as opposed to the Norwood scale (and the fact that I'm booked in with BHR), this is something that I certainly like the look of.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Indeed, and I believe we have you down for PRP also so will be good to see how you respond.

Certainly this case is really good and we hope others can post PRP results themselves or allow them to be posted by the clinic. There is a lack of cases but really trying to get them out there because I know they can encourage people who are not transplant candidates such as this patient here.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Very interesting. I commend you for being one of the first(if not the first) to present a PRP only case as it is not exactly typical. I believe PRP as well as Acell can be beneficial to hair growth. Does Dr. Bisanga use Acell for storing grafts, in the donor for FUT healing and/or on the donor post-FUE? There was a video by the Doctor in Atlanta that stated Acell can regenerate grafts in the donor if applied after an FUE procedure but he is known for hyperbole.

Would also love to get Dr. Bisanga's opinions on manual and automated punches and the pros and cons to each if possible :)

Hi Mickey

Thank you for the comments.

There are not many PRP only results out there and I am happy we were able to share this result. As said on another forum, most for whatever reason will not wish to share results be it PRP or transplantation so we hope this case can encourage others and we look forward to seeing the patient in the flesh in the clinic for us to take photographs also in the same conditions as pre-PRP administration and also give a second treatment in the coming months.

We do not use Acell as such so have no data on that.

Dr.Bisanga believes in using a manual punch, he feels it gives him more control and sensitivity as to what he is doing and is happy with the type of tools he uses and indeed the sizes used.

Doctors will have personal preferences and some will prefer motorized punches and are more comfortable with that approach so each to their own really.

I can say years of manual punching has given him extremely strong hands though!

I will update this case as and when we see the patient again.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Indeed, and I believe we have you down for PRP also so will be good to see how you respond.

Certainly this case is really good and we hope others can post PRP results themselves or allow them to be posted by the clinic. There is a lack of cases but really trying to get them out there because I know they can encourage people who are not transplant candidates such as this patient here.

Looking forward to it. Can't come quick enough!

Without derailing this thread too much, how is the PRP actually administered? This is something I haven't read too much on yet. I'm guessing through injections? Would it be before or after grafts placements (if it was being performed at the same time as an FUE op for example)?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 3 weeks later...