2nd op!

hi guys its been a while...

after much consideration, i have decided to have faith in hair transplant again n go under the knife again after a terrible result from first op

ht scheduled to be on 8 n 9th may under dr ron shapiro, fue, n hoping to get 2 to 2.5k grafts via fue..

have been feeling depressed knowing that i have lost 3k grafts for absolutely nothing.. really really hopeful i can get a decent result this time!!

Many thanks to janna who has been unrelentless in providing whatever guidance i need n for the encouragement. i m feeling hopeful again n wish me luck!!

cheers guys!!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Great choice mate. If I was choosing FUE in NA for your kind of case, I think I'd go with the same decision. Nice and soon too, I'm still 4 months away and it feels like 4 years away! :P

Best of luck.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

after much consideration, i have decided to have faith in hair transplant again n go under the knife again after a terrible result from first op

ht scheduled to be on 8 n 9th may under dr ron shapiro, fue, n hoping to get 2 to 2.5k grafts via fue..

have been feeling depressed knowing that i have lost 3k grafts for absolutely nothing.. really really hopeful i can get a decent result this time!!

Many thanks to janna who has been unrelentless in providing whatever guidance i need n for the encouragement. i m feeling hopeful again n wish me luck!!

cheers guys!!

Congratulations on choosing a Hall of Famer in Dr Ron.

What went wrong with the first HT? I looked at your blog at 4.5 months and it seemed to be coming on well.

All the best

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

nah the result was really terrible n it was verified too. Be it physician's mistake or mine, i ve decided to move on so lets leave it as that :)

yes dr ron is one of the most highly respected surgeon in his field n i ve utmost confidence going into it. its my second try but the jitters are still thrre. Guess nobody will ever be too used to ht. lol

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280, Why FUE this time after having an FUT scar already?

cheers guys!!

the downtime from the first op was really really terrible... i work with a lot of pple and the stares were unbearable.. I will be going for a more conservative graft count this time round and probably another op next yr...

• 5 months later...

hi guys, its been abt 5 mths since my FUE procedure with Dr Ron.. just came across another poster with 6 mths results and it looked so good. Been inspection my hair non stop in front of the mirror and no matter how closely i scrutinise, i just cant really see any growth though i can feel some 'spikes' when i touch the transplanted area... is it too early to panic now?

Had a very bad result for first procedure so its really haunting me now...

whats a good time line to expect growth and whether there is a need to panic now...

hi guys, its been abt 5 mths since my FUE procedure with Dr Ron.. just came across another poster with 6 mths results and it looked so good. Been inspection my hair non stop in front of the mirror and no matter how closely i scrutinise, i just cant really see any growth though i can feel some 'spikes' when i touch the transplanted area... is it too early to panic now?

Had a very bad result for first procedure so its really haunting me now...

whats a good time line to expect growth and whether there is a need to panic now...

Do you have any before and current pics you could post up? Some times it's hard to see the forest through the trees so to speak. Five months is still very early, but I understand you being nervous considering you already had a failed procedure.

Its tough to gauge since the lighting etc is different but trust me when i say i am very factual... the growth has not come in but i was hoping to get some opinions on the average timeline, or the realistic time frame in seeing something...

I think because your a repair pt things can take a little longer to come through, but I'd like to think that in the next couple of months things should start taking shape fella.

I'm rooting for you due to yr poor outcome last time. As a fellow hairloss sufferer I hope you get the results yr looking for.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

• 6 months later...

Usually when people don't update, it's because they didn't get the results they wanted.

I DO feel for wb280.

I think he showed immense maturity by drawing a line under his first failed HT and decided to go for the gold standard with Shapiro. If they couldn't get him to where he needed to go, no one can.

Hope you're ok, wb280

I've been keeping in touch with wb280 throughout his progress....

We did an approximately 1600gr fue case last May to thicken his density but we knew going in that this would not get him to where he'd like to be so we'd do the fue in two steps. Couple of months ago, he sent pics at 9 or 10 months post op and he was finally enjoying the growth. Our goal for the first procedure was to use a lot less of Toppiks. He said we'd met his goal. The pics he sent showed a great improvement but I guess he didn't have time to update his progress here. Since then, he's felt he's lost a bit more native hair as he felt he could see through to the scalp a little more. My opinion was that you couldn't tell by the pictures that he'd lost more native hairs. To me the results still looked good and a definite improvement overall. It'd be nice for WB to post his progress pics for members to see for themselves so that they're not speculating that he didn't get the results he wanted. I believe WB plans to do the 2nd procedure next spring.

Three things. It can be challenging to see significant cosmetic improvement with a lower graft count and the regrowth can also be a tad bit slower with any subsequent procedure.

And it's also wise IMHO to approach it with a lower range to minimize trauma to the recipient area and then methodically continue to add within the same defined surface area to raise the overall level of density.

Lastly, we all lose native hair to MPB progressively. I have not seen any pics of wb280 so do not know how much native hair was within the recipient area before his subsequent procedure. Hopefully he will respond well to his subsequent procedures.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY