poor transplant results, please elaborate

I'm new to this forum and I'm considering a HT. I have been reading about people stating that they have had poor/bad HT results. I'm wondering what those bad results mean, so that I can be prepared for a worst case scenario since I am considering a transplant. Are bad results poor growth and waste of money, unnatural appearance, loss of any pre-existing hair, bad donor scar?

Thanks

Hey Cautious,

I was in your same boat and just now after several years of saving. I had a HT performed on my receding and thinning hair.

I'm just your avg joe, but I've looked at hundreds of threads and to my understanding you mentioned all of the risks above that sum up a "bad transplant" The main ones being poor yield of transplanted hairs growing and "shock loss" where native hair that was already on it's last leg gets traumatized during the HT and doesn't grow back pretty much giving a less then expected result. Most cases i've seen the "shock loss" hair grows back, but every so often I see one where it doesn't.

As far as the hair looking "unnatural" I haven't seen many pictures where the hair didn't look like normal regular hair, because after all, it is. I assume the unnatural look could only come from bad graft placement by the surgeon.

The main thing that is important is to pick a surgeon that has an amazing track record. that way you know if it doesn't work for you that it was just meant to be and not because you didn't do your homework.

Hope I was some help... Good luck!

Thanks for the reply-I'm definitely doing quite a bit of research and thank all of you for your helpful threads.

Seems to me that if I take propecia that should minimize shock loss, have FUE so decrease scarring, and then worst case senario is poor growth. Does that logic make sense? Are there other things to consider that can go wrong?For those of you out there that have had so called bad results that you've regretted, did those factors come into play?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply-I'm definitely doing quite a bit of research and thank all of you for your helpful threads.

Seems to me that if I take propecia that should minimize shock loss, have FUE so decrease scarring, and then worst case senario is poor growth. Does that logic make sense? Are there other things to consider that can go wrong?For those of you out there that have had so called bad results that you've regretted, did those factors come into play?

Thanks

I will chime in soon. Definitely do spend a long time researching and consulting. I would even recommend a skype consult with the surgeon himself instead of merely sending in photos(but you send in photos too). Nothing is worse then going half way around the world to be seen in the flesh and be told 'oh we didnt notice this in the photos' or 'Oh i cant really do that'. My opinion.