Best way to conceal scar?

3 weeks out since my HT. I have to return to work soon and the scar is still very visible.

For those who shave their hair pre-op, what do you do to conceal the scar while waiting for the hair to grow long enough?

*Hat at work is not an option

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

I've used dermatch to conceal some of the scar's redness although in not sure how long post op this was OK. Be sure to check with your surgeon first!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks. My Dr. said Toppik. I gave it a shot. It mostly just covered the redness and made it black. You can still see the separation from the row of hair above the scar and below. It looks like a really awful haircut. Afraid this is going to get noticed back at work, which would be a very bad thing...

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

Thanks. My Dr. said Toppik. I gave it a shot. It mostly just covered the redness and made it black. You can still see the separation from the row of hair above the scar and below. It looks like a really awful haircut. Afraid this is going to get noticed back at work, which would be a very bad thing...

Why would it be such a very bad thing..? Are you not supposed to have done this?

• 3 weeks later...

Get a job where they make you wear a hat. I work at chipotle, which is going to pose different problems post op. I guess I'll just have to ask my supervisor if I can do dishes in the back so that I don't have to wear a cap over my head while I'm waitng for grafts to set

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Best way to conceal it is to do a temporary tricopigmentation. Its amazing, I just had it at ASMED clinic in Istanbul with Dr. Koray Erdogan. His staff are trained by Dr. Milena Lardi from Beauty Medical and he uses her inks which look very natural. Although it cost me EURO 400 but I never regret a single note because it really camouflage it very well. Now I dont think of it all the time. However if you want a long term solution then you can FUE some hair into it and follow it with tricopigmentaion for better satisfaction :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

is your hair short? If you use a concealer, from my research I would go with Nanogen over Toppix or others. I've read the chemicals in Toppix and others can actually cause your hair to fail out over time. I forget the name of the chemical but if you look it up I'm sure you will find it. Too late now, but I always make sure to grow my hair out pretty long before having a procedure.