FUE or FUT - I don't know who to believe

Hi,

I am a 30yo guy from England, looking into getting surgery later this year to address frontal hair loss. I was told by a well known consultant on these forums to go for FUT surgery with Dr Feller, as FUE is "more expensive" and "unpredictable even in the best of hands".

However, I have seen quite a few cases where FUE has achieved a great result in cases like mine. I was told by Dr Feriduni I needed about 2400-2600 units.

I'd like some feedback as to whether I was advised correctly as I'm having a hard time deciding between the two techniques and I don't know who I can trust anymore. I have noticed questions have been asked about Dr Feriduni's consultant's integrity and financial motivations, so I'd particularly appreciate feedback from people who don't work in the industry.

Dr Feriduni seems legit and a good doctor, but I can't get my head around the confusion on this topic that has been caused by his rep. :confused:

You make a very good point. I assume you talked to Spex which respresents both Feriduni or Feller. Spex is a straight honest shooter so there is no reason that his opinion about FUE concerning Dr. Feller would be any different concerning Dr. Feriduni.

I actually share his opinion that even in the best hands FUE can be unpredictable. Dr. Feller who is a world class doctor for many years has stated this for many years. I respect his opinion as well as meeting a lot of Italians that have had FUE done with bad results. Some of them by doctors that I have seen great results from FUE from other patients.

Good luck on your decision.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I would go for Feriduni in either cases FUT or FUE. However, FUE is safer in my opinion especially if you have mild hair loss and you are dont desire a strip scar at the back of your head that you cant predicit how it stretch back. If stretch backs happens then you will waste your money fixing that scar with revisions and FUE.

In the other hand, if you dont mind about scars and you have extensive hair loss then Strip would be the best option. In my own opinion, if I was aware of FUE technique at the start and got a virgin scalp I would never get close to the big knife and slice the back of my head. Now I cant just quit the HT game and shave my head because Im left with a 0.7 cm scar :-(

Remember, Hair transplants results are not forever as they will fall out one day maybe. So you should think about shaving your head in a certain time in your life. Thats why I think of the FUE route but its too late. Once you are CUT you are CUT :-(

You can ask MICKEY85, he had done enormous research about it as he is a strip victim as well.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Leo has however manipulated what i said and this begs the question why ? I never mentioned Dr Feller until further emails from him asking my opinion on who i feel he should go to for FUT given his goals.

Spex, your whole tone was pushing FUT and suggested FUE as a mere after-thought.

For example, you said:

"Given the number of grafts you need I'd say strip could well be best way to roll however I understand your concerns but when done right scars are a non issue."

I'm a 30 year old guy who lives in Europe, and you seriously think it best that I travel to America for strip surgery, when FUE is available at a competitive price on my doorstep?

As for FUE being regarded "generally more expensive" by the rest of the industry, not just you. You must have pretty low confidence in your opinion if you're comparing it with the rest of the industry - an industry you usually malign.

I think if you represent a doctor who does FUE for the same price as FUT, then you should be clear about that to anyone who asks. If you don't, then you can't cry foul when people "defame" you, by suggesting something else is at play. I mean, what other other reason do you have for shipping guys off for FUT? Go on, tell me it's the yield!

How's your $47 ebooks selling btw?

I'm a 30 year old guy who lives in Europe, and you seriously think it best that I travel to America for strip surgery, when FUE is available at a competitive price on my doorstep?

Can you prove that his initial diagnosis was to ship you off to the US? From what I've read his first mention of a doc is Feriduni.

I think if you represent a doctor who does FUE for the same price as FUT, then you should be clear about that to anyone who asks. If you don't, then you can't cry foul when people "defame" you, by suggesting something else is at play. I mean, what other other reason do you have for shipping guys off for FUT? Go on, tell me it's the yield!

If you are referring to Feriduni, then you are incorrect. His FUE prices are NOT the same as his FUT prices. Unless of course things have changed since I visited the clinic 2 weeks ago.

How's your $47 ebooks selling btw?

What has that got to do with your thread topic?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Can you prove that his initial diagnosis was to ship you off to the US? From what I've read his first mention of a doc is Feriduni.

He mentions Dr Feriduni in response to my fears about the FUT scar, but as I keep saying the tone of the emails was pushing me to go to America because of the higher yield and lower price of FUT. The latter point I successfully debunked, and the former is up for debate. I can post the emails in full if necessary, rather than selecting bits as Spex has done.

If you are referring to Feriduni, then you are incorrect. His FUE prices are NOT the same as his FUT prices. Unless of course things have changed since I visited the clinic 2 weeks ago.

FUT with Dr Feller is roughly the same as FUE with Dr Feriduni. Here arises the conflict of interests. Apparently it was news to Spex that the prices were about equal. :rolleyes:

What has that got to do with your thread topic?

Spex has defended himself by saying he's not in it for the money. $47 ebooks suggests otherwise, does it not? I'd love to see a break down of his earnings from all of the respective doctors and people he works for, as well as ebooks, affiliate links to drugs, hair loss topicals, shampoos, and whatever else. But remember, in his words: "This isn’t about the money for me, despite that being a projection onto me. I do this primarily for the cause to give patients another way."

First of all you are lucky that you got a hold of Spex that respesents great ethical doctors. If you got a hold someone that respesents unethical doctor he would have have fed you a load of BS and perhaps you would have read his comments and felt satisfied.

Spex has given you his opinion. After many years he has been on the forum nobody has questioned his ethics or integrity. Although I agree this type of conficts may take place when you respesent two doctors that offer the same techniques. Spex has his opinion if you don't like it inquire with other doctors. Nobody is telling you that you are stuck going to any of these doctors.

Secondly are you inquiring about a hair transplant or trying damage Spex reputation? You should be talking to many doctors before you base your decision. Some emails you get back you may not like or agree with other you make like. This doesn't mean success or not. It takes many years for people like Spex to build his reputation and trust. New posters come on forum and try to talk bad about certain people carries little merit.

Does Spex get paid? Absolutely. Do you get paid for working? Its normal its called life. Without money there would be no forum like his no doctors offering hair transplants or any type of quality in service. So Spex sells a book for $47 who cares. Never did I see him say buy my book in any of his emails.

Hair transplant is cosmetic surgery. Its not life and death and you have a decision. You can make your decision without trying to put anyone under the bus. Although in MY OPINION I would tell both doctor not to perform surgery on you because I think there may be an unlying issue.

That's my opinion like it or not I really don't care.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Leo, this is obviously a very political topic, but I would agree with what others have said: go directly to the doctor if you are concerned about reps.

That said, I'm absolutely fascinated with this debate you've stirred about FUT and FUE.

I do want to thank you though as your line of specific questioning over pricing comparisons however as i genuinely had not given it appropriate consideration

Spex, I think it's a stretch to believe that a consultant with your experience doesn't know that FUE in Europe is quite affordable to someone in Leo's position. Let's be straight about this as a fact, the forums have these guys popping up all the time.

Wow another new poster. Welcome to the forum. I guess its the time of the year to register post and attack. I guess this week is Spex season.

That said, I'm absolutely fascinated with this debate you've stirred about FUT and FUE.

I absolutely fascinated that you registered and posted for the first time to question and attack Spex. I don't find this odd because in most cases in the past the new poster have a connection to the original poster and in some cases the same person.

My opinion.

Leagarrison, You quite clearly have a much better knowledge/understanding of not just the industry of hair restoration as a whole, but of Spex himself then a traditional "FIRST POSTER" which would signal to me your motives are not even to inquire about having surgery, but to intentionally cause trouble.

Spex you should just sell out.

Give the high number of neurotic people that a hair transplant clinic has to deal with what they want and go work for Bosley as I bet they would pay you a fortune and you wouldn't then need to help anyone here.

You are an easy target as one of the most well-known guys in the industry, and it is a shame people like to brush over all the amazing help you have and do offer.

To confim I did receive Spex's Newsletter and it did contain a free download to his E-book.

Looks like a planned combined attack in actual fact. It is quite apparent someone has an agenda.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Anyone with half a clue of the HT industry would know this thread was a setup from the off.

I first started contacting different reps of different clinics in January of this year. I got many different attitudes and estimations, and took them all on board. Never did I feel the need to create a thread on a popular forum, asking about the opinion of a specific individual.

The OP seems very well versed in prices and procedures. I like how he innocently names the thread "FUE or FUT - I don't know what to believe", yet the whole thread is about the opinion of an individual.

I've received a serious amount of valuable info from Spex, and have never paid him a penny. I've even put a deposit down with a clinic that he has no representation with, and he wished me the best and that I had made a great choice.

It would be a shame to lose an experienced opinion because of some one-post wonder who claims they are so confused about things yet at the same time seem very educated.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

There's clearly a lot of stake here, allegiances and politics aplenty!

I don't care if you think I'm connected to Leo, or whatever, the same could be said about Lorenzo to Spex and whoever else, the truth of the matter is:

It is not possible that Spex was unaware of the cost of FUE in Europe relative to FUT in North America

It is something that has no doubt lost Dr Feller a lot of business lately, and perhaps why Spex is widening his net and "evolving".

Ultimately, if Leo has served to address Spex on this and he proceeds to advise people correctly going forward, then surely that is a good thing for all involved.

FU;

Thanks once again for showing us your true colors and agenda.

It is something that has no doubt lost Dr Feller a lot of business lately, and perhaps why Spex is widening his net and "evolving".

This type of comments only shows your ignorance.Do you know that you are talking about? How do you know Dr. Feller is losing business lately? Do you know making unjustified and damaging comments about any clinic without proof can be criminal in some places.

It lucky that poster here are very intelligent and knowledgable and can see right through you and your agenda.

Spex don't even respond to this stupidity. There is an agenda and its always better to ignore ignorance.

Alot of 'he said, she said' business going on in this thread. While the OP did ask Spex for his own opinion, some of the content of that opinion to me were entirely incorrect. For example:

"I understand your concerns but when done right scars are a non issue"

I have seen Spex say this publicly too. This is completely erroneous as it makes no mention and entirely omits the very important factor of patient physiology. It basically states that is the scar closure technique is done properly, the scar will be a non-issue however we know that a scar can stretch even with the best closure and no physical activity... If we know this, then Spex definitely knows this...

Again, Spex was asked for his own opinion which he is entitled to, but the inaccurate information stuns me....

This kind of person like Leo really annoy me a lot.

First of all, every comment that Spex put on forum and others are and were very clear and straightforward, there are based on his opinions at the moment made. Fue has been progressing since 2001, and the fact that Spex has changed his mind is also due to the better experience and knowledge gained from Fue surgeons throughout the years.

Second, without people like Spex, people would still be mass butchered everyday. Spex main motive in this industry is to help people to not go through what he did, and it is certainly not what you are claiming.

It is very annoying to read comments like that were posters are trying to denigrate people and their reputation, i really wish they all the bad.

By the way i am booked with dr Feriduni for a fue at the end of September and one of the reasons why i chose him rather than other docs is because i read that Spex was involved with Dr Feriduni and i had no question anymore regarding the quality of the surgeons as i knew that Spex would only choose ethical and highly skilled doc to represent them.

I think under the right hands the chances of getting a bad scar are less than having a failure with FUE and visible dots. I have seem over 300 strip scars and over 30 FUE cases in person so I can say that.

Chrisdav, I know you like to think you have a friendship with Spex, but let's face it, your relationship is principally the result of a business transaction, and guess who got paid?

He is to you, like a counselor is to their patient. Professional counselors do not befriend their patients, and they generally don't need their patients to spend time on forums preserving their perceived integrity.

I think it's best to separate Spex's advice into two time periods:

BF: Before Feriduni: FUT only, FUE above 1000 grafts is unethical and produces poor results

AF: After Feriduni: FUT and FUE is now suddenly fine!

Doesn't it bother you that if you approached Spex now, you'd be given Spex's new spiel with regard to FUE? You had what, 1900 grafts? Ask Spex now if he'd give you his new updated advice, relevant as of January 2013 when he signed up with Dr Feriduni.

I think under the right hands the chances of getting a bad scar are less than having a failure with FUE and visible dots. I have seem over 300 strip scars and over 30 FUE cases in person so I can say that.

Lorenzo, you know that that was not what I meant. Do you agree with the notion that under the right hands, all scars won't be an issue? That is what Spex said. Either you agree or you disagree. This is not about comparing it to the FUE yield.

By the way i am booked with dr Feriduni for a fue at the end of September and one of the reasons why i chose him rather than other docs is because i read that Spex was involved with Dr Feriduni and i had no question anymore regarding the quality of the surgeons as i knew that Spex would only choose ethical and highly skilled doc to represent them.

I think you made a great choice! However, I think Dr Feriduni's reputation is spoiled by associating with someone who confesses the need to "evolve" in order to serve his new business interests.

Surely the coincidence of 1) Spex changing his mind about FUE and 2) representing Dr Feriduni, is not lost on anyone and it's amazing to me how many of you falling for the salesman patter.

I'm still shopping around, considering Dr Bisanga.

Leo why do you have such a hardone discrediting Spex? Spex is not the doctor and if you don't feel comfortable going to any of his doctors his reps for guess what you don't have to. Is so easy and you have the decision. Although I feel there is much more to this than you looking for a hair transplant.

Although I hope Spex has your name and tells his doctors not to do surgery on you. That is there right especially when there are other agendas. Who know maybe you work for a competitor and really don't need a hair transplant. If that is the case I give you a D for effect and an F for effectiveness.

Leogarrison,

You seem to know a hell of a lot in such a short space of time and for someone who was supposed to be inquiring about a hair transplant.

I bet you and your other friend are sat their together changing IP addresses with your planned attack.

Where do you live? We can meet up and have a chat about it.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Mickey during any cosmetic surgery under the right hands doesn't guarantee success. That is why you try to chose the proper doctor or technique you feel comfortable with. There are much more horrible doctors than great ones in the industry. Many doctor perform both strip and FUE that don't have a clue what they are doing.

Hi Mickey,

Generally i do put a great deal more into my email replies and i agree that comment was somewhat general too. I do go into the risks of strip surgery in greater depth with patients as communication unfolds between us. Physiology is important indeed and scars can stretch you are accurate.

I receive numerous emails a day I replied possibly too hastily to this "perspective patient" who not only in my opinion but other experienced posters doesnt seems to be all he says he is. I simply don't have time to go into great depth on the 50+ emails i receive a day but i do endeavour to reply same day and as i said as communication evolves i go into greater depth on all points. I do mention my opinion on Strip scars and risks of stretching along with physiology on the forums too.

My best isnt good enough and with some people maybe i shouldn't have replied at all but its in my nature to help or try to as hopefully you appreciate.

I have stepped forward and put myself out there, few do. It's not easy as you can appreciate also as i despite all your posts and time on the forum we know little to nothing of your case and i respect that.

These recent attacks have really helped me realise now what i have to do moving forward and meanwhile wish you all the very best

Best

Spence

No worries Spex, I just found that part of your email concerning. I don't particularly agree with the OP as he did ask for your opinion but was surprised that you skimmed over the physiology part.

You have put yourself out there, I never questioned that part but as a rep, it is almost required really or at least beneficial.

I think you made a great choice! However, I think Dr Feriduni's reputation is spoiled by associating with someone who confesses the need to "evolve" in order to serve his new business interests.

So would you rather go to a Doc who employs people who refuse to evolve over time?

That's a clueless post in itself, and the thread is gone beyond trolling at this stage.

Current Regimen: