PRP and ACell results

Hey ,

I had a talk with a doc who said that using PRP and ACell can really improve the growth and overall texture of the hairs and may make it strong.I was quoted about 1000$ for it..So just wondering has anybody used these in their HT and how did it provide any significant benefits .

Thanks

Patient Beware! If you go to ishrs.org and find the ARTICLES link...click it and then find the PRP article. It's been used to treat injured athletes with shoulder injuries etc....but not proven yet to revitilize dormant follicles. Also, if you read the small writing under this unproven method, doctors do not guarantee results....tough cookie to swallow consider a patient is investing $1000...The jury isn't out on this one yet..

.I'd hold off and invest your money on a good hair transplant procedure and/or proven therapy methods such as Propecia, Rogaine, etc.

Best of luck!!!

Yeah i read articles and got confused as some places it says it works and somewhere people just trash it so thought someone who has used it can share their opinion..Dr Cooley says that it works very well when used with ACell but the cost is also too high on this..

DeYarman is an advocate but it is difficult to prove their effectiveness.

He answers emails pretty quick so it may be worth asking for examples

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think it's wise to wait until something is proven. Look how long it took to perfect the punch method to what the FUE is today. It's a wise choice to hold on to your hard earned money...save some more and have a hair transplant if need be.

Great answer James84!!

the doctor i know of who has been making claims of donor regeneration via acell and fue(not Gho...)is notorious for wild and unbelievable claims such as his 'less than 3 percent transection rate via fue'. im very split down the middle when it comes to that particular surgeon as he was one of the first to break away from fut entirely way back in 2003 which was very daring but some of his claims are absolutely unsubstantiated and/or can be debunked rather quickly.