density estimation

1500-2000 grafts. (50 fu/cm sq over 30-40 sqcm approx

But with great hair like that I would not touch it in your 20s - could be asking for trouble later down the line.

If you were in your mid thirties then maybe.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I had a phone discussion with a Doc today and he said that if we do it around 1500 grafts he will be able to give around 40 45 fu/cm and that I will be needing additional HT to make it more dense and match it with the surrounding areas which he said are about 70 and he said that my hairline has receded to an extent that a HT will be helpful but he clearly warned me that I will have to take additional HT procedures to get more density or when the back hairs start to fade away...

So my questions is that I have seen so many pics with people having just one HT and get great results is that not always applicable..I mean can't we get a nice hairline with just one session and are 1500 grafts not sufficient to give me density to make the hairline look good..Also I asked him about my age factor and he said that he treats many patients which are in their 20's but we just have to know that we will have to take additional HT's.

Matt and nativeremedies I really appreciate your feedback but the thing is that even if I wait for my 30's to get a HT still I will have receded somewhat more and get more grafts then why not have a HT now with less grafts and then get another one if needed..I totally understand your point but it's just i would so love to get a hairline back.

so that means I would need more grafts to get that density or I can make the hairline short and put 1500 in more small area...70 i what I think the doc said that is the case with natural hairs on the side..so the question I have is in many HT cases here which are just one procedure the hairs seems to look good in photos..how is that so ..Is there some reason for that like the doc did above 60 ..and also why did the doc said he ll be doing 40 45 iin my hairline when it won't be enough..is the HT density based on some calculations....I am sorry if my questions doesn't make any sense..I am just learning about it ..

3500 grafts for 50-55cm2 recipient area @ 63-70 grafts per cm2

hairline temple angle and points take a lot to blend in naturally

and you have a great base to build a wall behind it

see rahal

edit:

oh you are in your twenties!

not sure if rahal will take this chance on your hairline with my numbers

in your late thirties or forties, more likely, but hey, you never know

you do have good hair characteristics so .....maybe

are you on propecia?

has the loss stabilized?

family men bald?

For eg in this case http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/143100-dr-robert-dorin-1-hairline-fut-1702-a.html Dr Dorin transplanted 1702 grafts and the hairline looks natural ..I am not sure what the density in this case might be but The question I would have is as for the many cases I have seen that go for like 1500 or 2000 grafts in the hairline and get great results r u saying that they have to go back to make it look natural and thick

edit:

oh you are in your twenties!

not sure if rahal will take this chance on your hairline with my numbers

in your late thirties or forties, more likely, but hey, you never know

you do have good hair characteristics so .....maybe

are you on propecia?

has the loss stabilized?

family men bald?

Yes I am on propecia for about 5 6 months now ..I take it MWF .

I can trace back the receded hairline to my highschool days..But it was not receded this much and my hair quality was good and I used to keep them long so didn't think about it then.I think it has reduced a little bit.

No body in my family like Uncles's are bald..They all have good hairs..My Father is maybe NW4 but he's 61 and he had really great hairs till 50 i guess.

Also can you explain this statement a little bit

3500 grafts for 50-55cm2 recipient area @ 63-70 grafts per cm2

so u saying that I would need about 3500 grafts to make my hairline look natural ..

from the pics

he would go a bit further in then just the bald spots on your temple angles

wanting to adj the temple points as well as the frontal hairline

i'd say the recipient area covered would be 50-55cm2

to blend in naturally with what looks like a nice thick wall of hair behind what will be the new hairline he would probably attempt to implamt 65-70 in the front, 60-65 directly behind that, and 50-55 further in.

i think it would come out x-lent meaning your loss (minimal at temple angles) and hair characteristics (thick and wavy) and skin type (dark) were made for a hairline restoration like this

BUT this all depends on your donor hair, scalp laxity and if rahal would want to spend 3500 grafts on a 20 year old to lower his hairline when you might have a very good chance of losing the rest behind it.

that's why other factors come into play, other than hair available

future loss

family history

propecia use

it's worth a consult with him

he won't steer you wrong

his website is also FULL of hairlines and hair types like yours with spectacular results

though i do believe these patients were much older than you

so be aware