Current situation advice... 25 year old.

I am a 25 year old male looking to establish if now is the right time to pull the plug and get a transplant?

I have been taking propecia now for two years and has sustained my current situation now for the past two years.

I have attached some pictures of current situation - the last 2 are of when I was 17 for comparison.

Any advice/ comments would be greatly appreciated.

0.1.jpg.9f26cf3e27ac7ed9ba99894abe77eeee.jpg

0.2.jpg.95ed526b2631c067945b32c1e07a437e.jpg

0.3.jpg.edf91fb3b648d848b9d2fd3a0b66a4a5.jpg

pic1.jpg.db65819f2802c1037ec900b5d5e00b5f.jpg

5b32d798b7618_picture2.jpg.eecc1591557ce324b950a003de496d22.jpg

5b32d798d3bcd_picture1.jpg.390809394838b4d8be6cbc8d81f33074.jpg

5b32d798ee10c_picture5.jpg.1fc0c9b5ceb25b513161ade5a0947bec.jpg

Edited by 2hillpark

Photos?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

As I have said before, I think 25 is too young. You may be an exception because your hairline is high enough that you can create a high but better hairline, so, if you have good characteristics and you place your hairline planning on being a nw5 (though you may not be) then I think you are probably ok.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for sharing your pics. Almost every man that I have conversed with over the past three decades that started to lose their hair in their late teens and even early twenties, ended up in the highest classes on the Norwwod scale, meaning class 6 and 7.

Do you have any men in your family history that are Norwood class 7s? If so, then you have to ask youself if you even want to get started with HTs. Because once you start, and keep losing hair over the years, you will be committed in more procedures to maintain your appearance of having hair, yet our donor supplies are limited and will never be enough to maintain that overall appearance of coverage. Have you ever tried buzzing your scalp?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You look like you are in the same position as I was!! At 17 I had a high , uneven hairline with a weak forelock and people would tell me I would be bald by the time I was 20!! And at that time I had long hair and would loose what I considered a lot daily when washed and brushed!! At about 21 the rate I lost slowed right down and at 38 my hairline and density was very similar to when I was 21, it had barely changed from being 17!!! However, the damage was done, High, uneven hairline, which would never return!! I did propecia for the last 12 months before having a transplant 2 weeks ago!! So I would say looking at your pictures your 17 old hairline looks very similar to 25, however visit reputable surgeons who take into account future loss, family patterns and conservative approaches to young patients don't rush in!!!! Just reconstructing and filling in your hairline is all I'd look at for the time being, not drastically lowering or closing off temples, way to much, way to young to take that path!!!