Any recent news on Dr. Ross?

Beeza

I understand that Dr. Ross was once a coalition member on this site and now he is no longer even among the recommended list. After browsing through forums online i've discovered that his license was recently suspended and he is currently on some kind of probation according to the Medical Board of California. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? I am looking to get a transplant done soon here in San Diego and need to know whether or not I should take him into consideration. Any information will help, thanks!

If you look hard enough you can find the reports why he can't practice. Difficult personal stuff you can't really write on here.

I would assume he won't be practicing for quite a bit of time.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If his license suspension was due to something irrelevant to malpractice or ripping patients off then I wont let it affect my decision to consider him.
there are plenty of others to chose from without all the drama.

there are plenty of others to chose from without all the drama.

Usually a license is suspended for those exact reasons(see Armani)... I don't know why his license was suspended but it certainly raises some eyebrows. These kind of things should be made very public so potential patients can avoid going to a particular surgeon.

Guys,

Dr. Ross has been through a lot in his personal life over the last couple of years but has already taken dozens of steps to get his life back together. The California Medical Board did reinstate Dr. Ross' medical license (towards the end of 2012 I believe) with a few restrictions. Dr. Ross has to have another medical professional administer the local anesthesia for surgery and prescribe medication. He also has to undergo random drug screening tests several times a month for a previous substance abuse problem.

While I won't get into all the serious personal issues he's experienced on this forum, I commend him for taking the necessary steps to get his life back in order. Dr. Ross stated that he's been sober and substance free for almost a year now and is confident that he never let his personal battle interfere with his work. Thus, Dr. Ross is confident that none of his patients nor his results were affected.

At this time, Dr. Ross' Coalition membership has not been reinstated.

Best wishes,

Bill

Oh wow... Thanks for clearing that up Bill. I think alot of us hold Doctors up to a higher degree than average people because of their intellect and positions and it is easy to forget that they are just as infallible and human as us.