Full Coverage

Mighty,

Thank you for sharing another result!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

just curious....how long total was the client in the chair for that result?

one session or multiple sessions?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi JJ, thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how your technique differs from someone like Melina Lardi from Beauty med Italy.

Her pigments fade away after 1.5 to 2 years which i think is a good thing if you are going grey and then maybe even silver white.

What stops your treatment bleeding or turning blue or green?

I have my hair cut to a no2 all over, the top looks fine after many Hts but the back has many plug scars from early Hts.

20 years ago i had some so called semi permanent tattooing on some of the scars and its still there having turned blue and bled. Although only a small area. So you can see i need to be really sure before i commit to any company.

Thanks

Hi Trinder

I don't think there would be much of a difference in the technique we use to apply the pigment, the difference is in the pigment we use, by the looks of it Melina uses a semi permanent pigment that fades away after 2 years.

We use a more permanent pigment, it will still soften over the years, but our treatment will last 3 to 6 years before needing a touch up, the reason for this is that we do not penetrate into the skin as deep as a regular tattoo and we don't use regular tattoo ink that is designed to last a lifetime.

The pigment will not bleed as we only penetrate 2 layers deep, which holds the pigment in the collagen matrix of the dermis which will not allow the pigment to spread as opposed to a normal tattoo which is deeper and will blur and spread over the years.

The pigment we use will only soften into a lighter colour of the original colour that was deposited into the scalp, which does not contain any other colours, so it will not turn blue or green.

So even if your hair turns grey or white later on it will still blend with the pigment as you can stop getting it touched up and let it soften into a lighter colour,

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jason

Hi Trinder

I don't think there would be much of a difference in the technique we use to apply the pigment, the difference is in the pigment we use, by the looks of it Melina uses a semi permanent pigment that fades away after 2 years.

We use a more permanent pigment, it will still soften over the years, but our treatment will last 3 to 6 years before needing a touch up, the reason for this is that we do not penetrate into the skin as deep as a regular tattoo and we don't use regular tattoo ink that is designed to last a lifetime.

The pigment will not bleed as we only penetrate 2 layers deep, which holds the pigment in the collagen matrix of the dermis which will not allow the pigment to spread as opposed to a normal tattoo which is deeper and will blur and spread over the years.

The pigment we use will only soften into a lighter colour of the original colour that was deposited into the scalp, which does not contain any other colours, so it will not turn blue or green.

So even if your hair turns grey or white later on it will still blend with the pigment as you can stop getting it touched up and let it soften into a lighter colour,

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jason

How much does it cost per dot or cm2?

What happens after 6 years if you dont re-touchup, does it fade completly like beauty medicals SMP or?

Hi moopookoo

The price is not worked out per dot or cm2 it is quoted per scalp, depending on how much area needs coverage.

Yes eventually if you stop getting it touched-up it will fade completely, the time it takes depends on each individual and how well you look after your scalp, like moisturizing and keeping it protected from the sun.