NW and grafts assesment from pics

Hello All..Just joined the forum..Have been reading threads for quite some time now.I am 27 years old .My hairline started receding i think when I was 17 or 18 ..It has gotten really bad now so I am considering a hair transplant in the next month or so.I take propecia MWF just to be on the safe side and also as I don't like taking medicine everyday..hopefully it will protect some of my hairs.I have attached some pics for you guys to assess and give me some idea about how bad my condition is ..my NW scale u guys think and the grafts I would need to restore my hairline.I am considering Dr Cooley for my transplant as I have heard really good things about him and his work looks really good.I am also researching other options.Very excited to get this transplant stuff done .

Thanks

IMAG0470.jpg.049629a605326f9855e563427ce7f81b.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg.11259f71704ed1ba0e1a0818835d7572.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg.288184bfb1acb49be75ebfd6d7e23d0a.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg.b5b99dfafc9a463eda5c9f2a4f715240.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg.4a967e5c6dd3b2745b53baec05957e76.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg.aedfce9dd9ac72b76eede3c2f7233e95.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg.75580970ebf635789dd80c7d9b2d6865.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg.18b11996a87ae56e8fb7aa3e1bfb0515.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg.c0506689071a65ffefb709c73528a98c.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg.77bdcc4496fd414e85f11dc2d166e5aa.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg.f417e442b8e4d4f5c17de8434b3b0246.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg.ccf0e846ba3731aefdc70fc2676b56a0.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg.e87dc968f6e04d903b9d58f7b296d025.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg.0e638234e0411b194475612969c28fd5.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg.2263dadb57c779f99774c67d38b2247f.jpg

My guess was I would be needing around 2000 grafts when I compare myself to other pics on this form...I am looking to get a hairline filling in the sides so I can have all my hair up without looking like balding on the sides..Not very lower but mature and dense one.

I have mailed the docs and will soon be starting the in person consultation process..I am looking for FUT as reading through this site tells me it has greatly advanced and there are no major issues with donor scar and stuff.Have just emailed today and was wondering if you can tell me is there a waiting time for the procedure to schedule or we can get this done as soon as possible like in april.I know it depends on the docs availability but just wondering how easy is it to get a date that you want.

Most of the top clinics are usually booked out for a few months but sometimes there are cancelations and you can get in sooner. Cooley has shown some good results. Who else are you considering at this point?

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I am looking for FUT as reading through this site tells me it has greatly advanced and there are no major issues with donor scar and stuff.

Not sure where you read that, but for any professional to say "no major issues with scar" would be pretty irresponsible. From the extensive research I have been doing over the last few months, it seems to be somewhat of a lottery as to how your scalp will react unfortunately. There are a LOT of variables at play.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

For me your hair is still too good to get a HT, especially since you are only 27 and more loss is on the cards.

If I were you I'd add Rogaine to the regime and wait until you are 30+. Mid thirties is a much better time to get something done rather than trying to get the 'perfect hairline' in your 20s.

Those 2000-3000 grafts saved now could be much better used in several years time.

Just beware than once you work on the hairline you're pretty much stuck with it for life, and what's behind it could rapidly disappear!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

For me your hair is still too good to get a HT, especially since you are only 27 and more loss is on the cards.

If I were you I'd add Rogaine to the regime and wait until you are 30+. Mid thirties is a much better time to get something done rather than trying to get the 'perfect hairline' in your 20s.

Those 2000-3000 grafts saved now could be much better used in several years time.

Just beware than once you work on the hairline you're pretty much stuck with it for life, and what's behind it could rapidly disappear!

I agree with the above poster. Just think if you filled in the sides and then the center started to thin out. Then you would be unhappy because the sides are thick and nice but the center is thin/balding. Do you want to chase after your hair loss like this? Something for you to think about.

I was thinking about Dr Feller and True and Dorin..that's pretty much it...U saying few months ..I was thinking I could get something done in april..Lets see if the docs have some dates available.

Yes from what i've seen the wait is a few months in many if not most cases. But once you do your consults, they will tell you what they have available. Also, I agree with one of the posters above that its not necessarily the case that there are no risks with a strip scar. I have seen some very thin and acceptable scars posted here but also many not so good. I ended up going the fue route. Good luck in your research and consults.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

wow never thought this way..maybe was too excited about getting my hairline back..1 question i have is how many grafts you guys think all in all a average person has ..about the scar thing I have started to look into FUE also..What do you guys think about that..will that be a good option for me if I don't get all the nice hairline stuff but just fill in with say 1000 to 1500 FUE grafts ..I think that can be a nice approach to start with.

wow never thought this way..maybe was too excited about getting my hairline back..1 question i have is how many grafts you guys think all in all a average person has ..about the scar thing I have started to look into FUE also..What do you guys think about that..will that be a good option for me if I don't get all the nice hairline stuff but just fill in with say 1000 to 1500 FUE grafts ..I think that can be a nice approach to start with.

The average strip patient might get 2 strips of 2500 grafts and maybe a 3rd at 1500.

The problem comes in getting an acceptable density. 40 grafts/cm sq on average means 6500 could only cover about 160 sq cm. With greater density placed in the hairline you're probably looking at a size which is the area of a beer mat (100 sq cm).

Suppose you take 2000 grafts now and dense pack the hairline then that's one third of your graft allocation gone.

I'm not sure about FUE but I think 6000 is about the limit before the donor starts to look thin.

3 things from the video

1.Potential scarring(which i was thinking is not a problem).

2.Brining hairline too low--2000 grafts in my hairs which will bring my hairline low-- this is what I need to think about.

3.Have enough hairs for covering areas--I m 27 so can be huge issue for me in future.

Thank you so much for this

3 things from the video

1.Potential scarring(which i was thinking is not a problem).

2.Brining hairline too low--2000 grafts in my hairs which will bring my hairline low-- this is what I need to think about.

3.Have enough hairs for covering areas--I m 27 so can be huge issue for me in future.

Thank you so much for this

You're welcome.

Take your time would be my number 4. I've been on here for 2 years getting my head around everything and my ideas at the start have definately changed from what the were at the start.

Knowing all the pros and cons inside out will hopefully lead to no regrets!

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure where you read that, but for any professional to say "no major issues with scar" would be pretty irresponsible. From the extensive research I have been doing over the last few months, it seems to be somewhat of a lottery as to how your scalp will react unfortunately. There are a LOT of variables at play.

This. For your amount of loss, I would not warrant the use of FUT. Just my opinion.

I do not mean to cause any offence to anyone who may of had this done, but getting FUT for a procedure under 2000 grafts is crazy, however this is just my opinion.

I have seen FUT procedures on patients who have only needed 1000-1500 grafts:eek:

So u saying under 2000 FUE is the way to go..After reading about it I also have started thinking in that direction..FUE is though so Fu***** expensive

It may be expensive but it does bypass alot of the complications that can arise from FUT as shown in my thread in my signature. For a meager 2,000 grafts I would not chance those risks just to save money. After my botched FUT I must resort to FUE(and spend MORE MONEY than a standalone FUE procedure would have cost me if I had chosen it in the first place) to correct the negative effects of FUT.

So u saying under 2000 FUE is the way to go..After reading about it I also have started thinking in that direction..FUE is though so Fu***** expensive

That is only my opinion which means nothing as it is not my head the Docs shall be working on;)

Keep researching pal, and in time you will gain a better understanding because in the end it should be your choice alone on what you decide:)