Is Anyone in North America Offering Temporary SMP?

I thought I read that Hasson & Wong and Shapiro Medical Group were going to offer temporary SMP, but I did not see any information on their respective websites.

Is the only option at this time located in Italy?

From what I've seen, temporary SMP is the only way to go. Permanent SMP is just too risky. Even if the permanant SMP is done exactly right in terms of color, size, location, density and even if the ink does not lose its orignal color and integrity, the customer's skin and hair color will surely change over time.

Nevada,

Eventually, Feller Medical, Lindsey Medical, Shapiro Medical, and Hasson & Wong will be offering temporary SMP. However, I'm fairly certain they are still experimenting with the procedure and pricing, and do not actually offer it at this point in time. I'm not 100% certain when these clinics will start offering temporary SMP; maybe Janna or Joe will drop by and comment.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nevada, My brother and I will be bringing Milena's SMP to the New York area soon. We hope to be up and running by this spring. More info TBA.....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the replies Future_HT_Doc and hairthere. It appears SMP offers, or at least has the potential to offer, substantial improvement to certain types of hair loss. Personally, I would only feel comfortable with temporary SMP.

I hope those pursuing all that it takes to offer quality temporary SMP in the US and Canada carry through. Many (but not all) results look very good and myself and probably numerous others would be willing to give it a try. Please post any progress made and I may become one of your future customers.

Nevada, I will certainly keep you in the loop and make the announcement here when our operation is up an running.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Nevada,

Personally, I'm a fan of temporary SMP (compared to permanent). I think I like the idea that it can act as a temporary thickening agent for 6-24 months, but does have to be etched on the scalp forever. It's great to see several of our proven clinics adapting temporary SMP. I think we've all seen some very impressive results so far, and I believe we will continue seeing these results as more individuals become involved.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

We are doing small number of smp treatments currently on select patients to find out more about it before we officially offer it.

#1, we'd like to get some more experience/practice on the technique of applying the smp.

#2, we need more results at 2, 3, 4+ months to find out what we need to do to achieve satisfactory outcome from the treatments. We've done a handful of patients so far since January and are looking to do about dozen before we decide on the price.

Great that these clinics may start to offer SMP.

I hope SMP is free of charge to patients who use these clinics and in turn scar may stretch or widen. Now that would be a great gesture....who is first:D