Booking Transplant without speaking to Dr?

So I am seriously considering using Hasson & Wong for my 2nd HT and have put myself on their standby list. Luckily the nature of my job and schedule allows me to do this.

However, I've never actually spoken to Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong. Only their salesmen/representatives.

At some point, if I decide to go forward, I would have to commit to the procedure without ever meeting or speaking with the doctors. Is this normal? I feel strange locking in a date and not meeting my doctor until the day of or day before. But I know H&W is considered Transplant royalty on this forum.

Any thoughts or advice?

Edited by Spirall08

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

Hi Spiral08,

First, thank you for considering our clinic. Second, if you want to speak to the doctor it can be arranged. Please PM your name and with whom you are speaking (which consultant) and I'll see what I can set up for you.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You picked one of the top clinics. Be proactive and reach out to speak with the doctor of your choosing, like Jotronic said. They are more than willing to speak with you and come up with a plan for your HT journey.

The reason they are highly regarded here and everywhere is their consistently amazing results and empathy/honesty/professionalism to all of their patients.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Hi Spiral08,

First, thank you for considering our clinic. Second, if you want to speak to the doctor it can be arranged. Please PM your name and with whom you are speaking (which consultant) and I'll see what I can set up for you.

Thank you Jo. PM sent.

You picked one of the top clinics. Be proactive and reach out to speak with the doctor of your choosing, like Jotronic said. They are more than willing to speak with you and come up with a plan for your HT journey.

The reason they are highly regarded here and everywhere is their consistently amazing results and empathy/honesty/professionalism to all of their patients.

I had never really considered traveling so far for the procedure before. I was always limited to looking at Dr's near me.

I guess it takes a huge leap of faith to have the surgery performed by someone you've never met and just wanted to reach out to others that have done the same.

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

I guess it takes a huge leap of faith to have the

surgery performed by someone you've never met and

just wanted to reach out to others that have done the same.

Spiral I was in the exact same boat as you about one year ago today. I had heard all the glowing reports about Hasson/Wong, but it was still a bit scary jumping in without ever meeting the doctor. I had always heard "consult with several doctors". Which I actually did. And I had planned on flying all the way to Vancouver for just an in person consult. I had done a lot of research on the internet. But after meeting with a local Hasson/Wong patient who shared his before and after pics and then I met him for dinner...he looked fantastic...it sealed the deal for me. I cancelled my fly-in consult...saved that money for more grafts and just scheduled a surgery without every visiting the clinic or meeting Dr. Wong. Sure I suppose it was a bit of an educated gamble, but I think I did the right thing. Everything I had heard about Hasson/Wong was correct. The clinic was very nice, clean, cutting edge, and all the staff and Dr. Wong were extremely nice/professional. You come away feeling you were with one of the very best in the world. I am now 6.5 months post-op and very pleased thus far with my entire experience with Hasson/Wong.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I think there's a difference between H&W booking with a big chain clinic and having no idea who the doctor is.

I think speaking to the doc himself is a great reassurance and I'm personally glad I had an in person consultation, so if you CAN speak before it's worth it. However - H&W are held in such high regard I think on this occasional it isn't vital that you speak before.

Good luck either way :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon