ACell+PRP procedure benefits repost

Has anyone had ACell+PRP stand alone procedures done? Please share your experiences about the procedure. I am interested in knowing what benefits have you seen from this procedure.

Any negative effects (other than the obvious one - cost!)

PS: I posted this in another section but did not get any replies. So I am re-posting in this section.

Chen,

While I haven't had this procedure done, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

Additionally, please refrain from creating duplicate threads in the future. Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Has anyone had ACell+PRP stand alone procedures done? Please share your experiences about the procedure. I am interested in knowing what benefits have you seen from this procedure.

Any negative effects (other than the obvious one - cost!)

PS: I posted this in another section but did not get any replies. So I am re-posting in this section.

Check out Dr DeYarman's website. He mentions them in his videos.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Blake,

I am not asking what the "advertized" benefits are.

From articles and websites of HT doctors

- It will revitalize miniaturizing hair follicles and give a denser look

- It will also make the existing hair follicles stronger and reduce future hair loss for maybe 2-3 years after which another treatment might be necessary.

- No regrowth of dead follicles

- No harmful side effects

These seem like SIGNIFICANT benefits, especially for people who do not want to have a HT right now but might in the future. I am sure MANY MANY people fall in this category who take meds like Rogaine and Propecia (and worry about its side effects) and are waiting for better treatment options.

- I want to hear from people on this forum who have had this procedure.

- I also want to know if people had considered this option but decided against it. If so why?

Thanks

- I want to hear from people on this forum who have had this procedure.

- I also want to know if people had considered this option but decided against it. If so why?

Thanks

Sounds fair! Frankly, I'm not certain if I've ever seen any results of PRP + ACell without accompanying surgery posted on the forums, but I truly hope someone answers your inquiry.

Again, if there is anything I can do, let me know.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

We have seen some go for PRP as a stand alone treatment, but not necessarily Acell as a stand alone.

Acell is used more inconjucture with surgery especiallyin repair cases to minimize scar tissue formation. PRP is also used in procedures to facilitate wound healing.

PRP was a big buzz in the recent past and seems to have died down some.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

I would never invest $1000 in a procedure that the doctor admits to not giving any kind of guarantee. Wait til the method improves enough to give a guarantee OR save your money for a future hair transplant surgery that is guaranteed.

Best of luck!

I sure hope it does help! I just had the acell/PRP along with 2500 grafts. It seems to me like there's definitely a great benefit to using it. I've seen a before and after with it used as a stand alone and if the pictures were legit, then it does thicken up the native hair quite a bit.

I've seen too many people get jooped with PRP to try it myself. However, I hope it has some benefit to you. What doctor did you have it done with? Did you meet patients in person or depend only on the pictures for the PRP?

Wishing you great results! :)

Dr.Jerry Cooley. I just seen the pictures of the stand alone, not face to face. Like you, I've seen some bad stories. Not sure if I would have it done as a stand alone, I felt good about using it along with the HT.

I sure hope so Pelo. I definitely felt in not good, but great hands. I just started a progress picture log on these forums so feel free to check them out.

• 2 weeks later...
Dr.Jerry Cooley. I just seen the pictures of the stand alone, not face to face. Like you, I've seen some bad stories. Not sure if I would have it done as a stand alone, I felt good about using it along with the HT.

Using them with the HT procedure puts everything on your side. ;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Gillenator, I want to thank you for all the help you've given on this and other boards. I have had several questions/concerns answered by searching because of the people you've helped in the past. Just wanted to let u know I appreciate you bro!

Gillenator, I want to thank you for all the help you've given on this and other boards. I have had several questions/concerns answered by searching because of the people you've helped in the past. Just wanted to let u know I appreciate you bro!

Thank you Raymond and glad to be of help! ;)

Gillenator