BHR Clinic, Brussels, 412 FUE into scar 0 – 9 Months

Patient underwent several Strip surgeries prior to coming to us.

We placed 412 grafts into the scar to help camouflage it.

Patient sent 9 month update shaved to a number 1 grade.

Pre surgery

tn_IMG_2407.jpg

Shaved for placement

tn_IMG_2409.jpg

tn_IMG_2410.jpg

Placement

tn_IMG_2421.jpg

Growth at 9 months

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thanks for the comment and question.

For scar tissue the doctor places initially at a lower density to ensure the best chance of growth and to "break up" the scar as you say. This also primes the scar well and gives an opportunity to add again at a later stage as the vascularity improves.

Growth can be slower than into non scar tissue and I've seen cases whereby the patient gets more growth even at the 16 months stage and beyond.

This patient in particular is wearing his hair very short and traditionally the shorter the hair then the more of it needed in order to give the camouflaging effect, so could be a candidate for a second pass. Ideally we would ask for photos well past the 12 month stage and then assess from there but would expect further change from the 9 month mark.

The fact the patient does wear it shorter now shows for sure he has more confidence in doing so and is a good sign but if more is needed and asked for then we can do that also.

The only caveat on this patient is that his donor is fine and especially lower down the nape so we also need to ensure we do not make the hair in the scar too dense and also be as conservative as possible with all that we do.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I think the length of hair shown at nine months post op, is the same as the pictures at pre op, so the patient may prefer to wear his hair at this length.

Given that the tissue is now much improved due to vascularity being improved, I think another session would finish this scar repair off, and this length of hair would not be an issue.

I found that over a six - nine month period my scar tissue started to feel warmer, and the tissue took on a more normal pinker appearance, this I believe is a huge benefit to the overall result.

Regards

ejj

Edited by ej