Hairloss Male 35 Advice Please

Paul35UK

Hello all,

Im a 35 year old man who has been browsing your forums for sometime now and decided that it's time to sign-up and ask for advice.

Around 1 to 1.5 years ago I would of considered myself as a norward 2.5 or maybe 3. Although hairloss was a concern for me at that time, I was able to hide my receeding hairline.Ihad no knowledge of any treatments up untill finding your forums.

The texture of my hair seems alot finer than it was 1.5 years ago and the front forelock seems to of thinned making it diffult to style my hair without using toppik.

I did try using l'oreal thickening shampoo around a year ago and initially it worked a treat although I was over washing my hair ie 5 times a week.

While noticing the thinning I became depressed and anxious around people and eventually had to go on medication as it became so severe.

40mg citalopram.

I have noticed that my eyebrows have also thinned alittle.

My goals are to eventually have a transplant and maintain the hair I have. I have my concerns with regards to propecia incase it makes things worse with shedding. Im building up the courage to use it.

I'd like to think im realistic in thinking in terms of going back to a norward 2, 2.5 via the transplant route. It would be good to know how many FUE grafts I would need to achieve this please.

Your help is very much appreciated.

DSCF4669.jpg.2faf6db59d991ad8a2fbe23c56665d77.jpg

DSCF4683.jpg.37b484fa1487a625610f61a4611117cc.jpg

DSCF4682.jpg.f07313e17d756f018dc18c55409c8a55.jpg

DSCF4657.jpg.0ebf85dc1545c3902011287eef8ceb93.jpg

Paul35Uk,

Have you thought about having some online consultations with clinics you feel are best to help you achieve your goal?

You have really excellent native hair for 35 years old.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thankyou for the comments Spex, Chrisdav.

Propecia will be my next step and will startup slowly :)

The estimated graft count is soo good to hear as I was considering it to be alot more.

I guess some times I fool myself into thinking that my hair is worser than it is. I often look at other peoples hair to compare if mine is normal or not. My missus often tells me that my hair is fine although sometimes I dont believe her and feel she just trys to make me feel better. I guess some of it is Psychological.

@Chrisdav,

I havent consulted with anyone yet but will do so.

I live in the UK and aware that the best treatment is abroad.

Thankyou ever so much lads :)

Your hairline is fine and at 35 i cant really see any major future hairloss.

I wish my hair was like yours is now and only looking to have a small procedure and im 8 years younger;)

Spex is right 1500 FUE would be great for you. You live in the UK, i highly recomend you get in touch with spex as he resides in the UK and any research you need he will have the answer for you:)

Good luck

" I guess some of it is Psychological. "

Oh no question your condition is more psychological. Before you go have a HT. You need to talk to a professional head doctor.

You are money in the bank for any clinic. It would be all but impossible to for you to have a bad result.

Hello all,

Im a 35 year old man who has been browsing your forums for sometime now and decided that it's time to sign-up and ask for advice.

Around 1 to 1.5 years ago I would of considered myself as a norward 2.5 or maybe 3. Although hairloss was a concern for me at that time, I was able to hide my receeding hairline.Ihad no knowledge of any treatments up untill finding your forums.

The texture of my hair seems alot finer than it was 1.5 years ago and the front forelock seems to of thinned making it diffult to style my hair without using toppik.

I did try using l'oreal thickening shampoo around a year ago and initially it worked a treat although I was over washing my hair ie 5 times a week.

While noticing the thinning I became depressed and anxious around people and eventually had to go on medication as it became so severe.

40mg citalopram.

I have noticed that my eyebrows have also thinned alittle.

My goals are to eventually have a transplant and maintain the hair I have. I have my concerns with regards to propecia incase it makes things worse with shedding. Im building up the courage to use it.

I'd like to think im realistic in thinking in terms of going back to a norward 2, 2.5 via the transplant route. It would be good to know how many FUE grafts I would need to achieve this please.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Hi Paul,

It's great you have given your hair restoration a lot of thought. Addressing it earlier can be of benefit by not having a drastic change. As long as your microscopic evaluation and consult provided a good predictor of future hair loss. Your expectations seems reasonable and 500 grafts would probably go well to establishing the hairline you want.

You might want to consider what we term in our Los Angeles and Beverly Hills clinics "Celebrity FUE" because of our clientele we have become expert of providing gradual change and not interrupting their busy lifestyles. I hope this helps, all the best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hello!

From the look of the pictures, you have a great head of hair, some mild hairline recession but its difficult to say exactly without seeing you in person. 700 to 1000 follicular units would be sufficent but by looking at the hair pictures it would be very difficult to match the current density. You may wish to have a second procedure (with far less follicular units) a year later to improve the density. We should always be aware and plan for future hairloss. It would help to know your family history especially the males. It is possible that you could have more hairloss and a broad hairline may not be suitable if that is the case.

The eyebrows however, are not a part of the male pattern process. If you have not done so please consult with a dermatologist of internrist just to establish what is going on "hormonal or dermataologic". I hope this help you:)

I wouldn't do anything, but if you insisted, I would say 1500 grafts would be a good start. Just remember, once you start, you are stuck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thankyou all for your comments :)

Tammy13,

With regards to family history, I would say that my father is probberly a norwood 4 at the age of 55. My 31 year old brother has no hair loss while the other is similar to myself.

On my mothers side I would say that my uncles are possibly a norwood 3 at the ages of 43 & 50.

First stage is to preserve the hair I have via propecia and trial it for a year, re-evaluating the hairloss after this period and then looking at FUE once my hair has hopefully stabilzed.

Im hoping that the meds will help to thicken the hairs alittle.

The toppik concealer has helped and prevents me from thinking about my hair constantly and reduces my stress levels. I will try and post a few clearer pictures when I get the opputunity.

Once again I thankyou all for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

Honestly I think my answer to the question of having surgery in your postion is a definite NO !

Your hair is fine! maybe slightly thinning but really ,just do some research for future reference, maybe start meds if your sure your thinning ( as early prevention is the best action to take - not surgery ) then just get on with your life because if you do end up losing hair in the furure youll look back on your current situation and wish it was possible to even vaguely recover it. Surgery is the last resort. Early prevention is your best bet. If the meds affect you negatively then Id still say wait until you are much further advanced with your loss than now before having surgery.

You could schedule an appointment with a good ht doc & get the lowdown from a real expert , & devise a course of action with their guidance.

J

Hey this problem is common now a days and many people go for hair transplant..Please don't think transplant as a major surgery, this is just a small surgery where your hairs are planted like plants to grow faster..It is very famous and FUE is best one..I think you must go for it..

Hey this problem is common now a days and many people go for hair transplant..Please don't think transplant as a major surgery, this is just a small surgery where your hairs are planted like plants to grow faster..It is very famous and FUE is best one..I think you must go for it..

Have to disagree with this, nobody needs or must have a HT. This is not a heart transplant! A HT is a cosmetic procedure to make one feel better.

And FUE is not the best one, that is opinion FUE/FUT both have advantages and disadvantages even though i aim to have FUE i understand the risks so plenty of research is needed. What we want and what we can achieve is a massive part to consider when considering a HT.

A HT is and should be the last option after medications, this and plenty of research (i have been researching over 5 years:confused:) should give you the best possible chance of a great result.:)

Paul-

At 35, you have a beautiful head of hair. I would hop on fin, give it a couple of years and re-evaluate.

No sense in messing with what you have (trust me--it looks worse to you than others) and my concern with a small FUE session for you would be further loss down the road and needing to constantly have additional sessions to fill in the gap.

It is surgery, it is a big deal..even with FUE. Love your hair now as it looks great from the pics!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...