Hair shedding 6-7 months after beginning Minox.

Theodpliske8711

Hey guys,

I started taking minoxidil with my fin. (3x a week) in late Aug. I did not notice much shedding in the first few months, but I have noticed a very hefty amount of shedding now that I have reached my 7 month mark. I do notice that my hair seems much fuller than before, but it just seems strange to me that I have started so late. Most people seem to notice shedding much earlier, at the 3 month mark. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey guys,

I started taking minoxidil with my fin. (3x a week) in late Aug. I did not notice much shedding in the first few months, but I have noticed a very hefty amount of shedding now that I have reached my 7 month mark. I do notice that my hair seems much fuller than before, but it just seems strange to me that I have started so late. Most people seem to notice shedding much earlier, at the 3 month mark. Has anyone else experienced this?

Could be 'Seasonal Shedding'

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/136742-%22seasonal-shedding%22-aware.html

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

That is a good post linked above.

Hair goes through periods of increased shedding and sometimes this can be brought on by illness (even a simple cold), poor diet, increased stress, and plenty of other reasons. Most commonly, there is no definite trigger.

To echo the content of the linked post above, it is best to relax and allow the process to happen. Don't do anything radical - continue your treatment and within a month or two it will be a lot better.

• 1 month later...

So it's mid April and while the shedding doesn't seem to be going on at the same rate as before, when I put in the foam at night I do notice a significant amount of hair on my hand. Is this normal for people? Also, how much foam do people use on their scalp during application?

• 2 weeks later...

I am at 8 months post op, been using Rogain Foam 5% since about 2 weeks after transplant.

Just here lately (maybe the last 3 weeks) I have started to see shedding again.

Basically, just like you describe I have maybe 1-4 hairs in my hand from my crown at night when I apply it.

This has really started to concern me. I am wondering if these are just broken hairs or hairs that are dying and falling out for good?

Also, I am starting to struggle with the 5% Rogain (itching and irritation) so I am wondering if that is also affecting the health of my crown.

Thinking I may switch to 2%.