Has anyone heard of Washington Medical Hair Clinic?

Mochixo

I am considering FUT and I am thinking about scheduling a consultation at this place and Dr. Lindsey. Both are located in Mclean, VA and Washington Medical Hair Clinic has offices all over the DMV area. If anyone has heard anything about this place, please share with me. :)

I have never heard of WMHC, but know that while I was having my HT done by Lindsey, a guy stopped in to discuss Lindsey doing some repair work on the HT he had done "near by." I'd say go to WMHC first, and then go to Dr. Lindsey. Whereas I can't speak for the other place, I can say that you'll get the straight scoop from Dr. Lindsey.

I had a HT done by Dr. Lindsey last Friday... stitches came out today. Dr. Lindsey is a great guy with a world-class staff. Mine was a wonderful experience... I will be posting pics and my thoughts soon in a new thread. I know Dr. Lindsey speaks of a few local "competitors"... and the fact that he gets many opportunities to perform "corrections" to the work of others. ;)

I received my ht by wmhc nearly a year ago. I rushed in due to a busy schedule and didnt do too much research. As far as my results go the jury is still out. The hair growth has been impressive, but I have a fairly noticable scar at this stage and have scheduled a revision appointment to fix it. They claimed a paper thin scar and are doing the revision and touching up the hairline based on their guarenteed work. The hairline is pretty natural looking imo. I think it could of been better, but not a whole lot to compare it to. Dr. Barry Cohen performed the surgury part and a team of technicians performed the planting of folicles.

If interested I can go into much further detail, but overall I am not happy about having to return for another painful surgery. However, I understand these things happen. Hair is fairly short and with a barber who knows about the scar it is far from visable, but not the point it should of been. I would ideally like to go to a 2 guard. At a 4 now. But with all that said the results now are better than the alternative in my case.

As far as Dr. Lindsey goes I have no knowledge of his work in the dc metro area.

Search for posts by Dr. Lindsey on here he is one of the more active doctors, if I needed a scar revision I don't think there is anyone else I would go to. I think he is in Virginia. From my experience if you are unhappy with the results you received by a doctor it usually only gets worse if you go for round two. I would at least schedule a consult with Dr. Lindsey or email him some pics since he is in your area. Just my two cents

I received my ht by wmhc nearly a year ago. I rushed in due to a busy schedule and didnt do too much research. As far as my results go the jury is still out. The hair growth has been impressive, but I have a fairly noticable scar at this stage and have scheduled a revision appointment to fix it. They claimed a paper thin scar and are doing the revision and touching up the hairline based on their guarenteed work. The hairline is pretty natural looking imo. I think it could of been better, but not a whole lot to compare it to. Dr. Barry Cohen performed the surgury part and a team of technicians performed the planting of folicles.

If interested I can go into much further detail, but overall I am not happy about having to return for another painful surgery. However, I understand these things happen. Hair is fairly short and with a barber who knows about the scar it is far from visable, but not the point it should of been. I would ideally like to go to a 2 guard. At a 4 now. But with all that said the results now are better than the alternative in my case.

As far as Dr. Lindsey goes I have no knowledge of his work in the dc metro area.

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding WMHC (Just wanted to confirm that its the Washington Medical Hair Clinic)

I was thinking of going with a HT at their Maryland location and have some questions for you.

1. How many hair grafts/follicles did you have done?

2. You mentioned that the donor area (where they get the good hair follicles) left a noticeable scar, I was told that you wouldnt really tell at all, its just a hairline/paper cut type scar, is that not true?

3. How does your new hair line look

4. I was going to take a 3-4 days off from work, will my co-workers notice anything right away?

5. Were you happen with your results?

6. Who was the surgeon that did it? which Location?

Montron, I'm going to answer some of your questions while avoiding others because I don't want to give unfair information for any clinic or surgeon till I have made a final opinion.

The scar in my case is not a paper cut type scar and will need revised. It is unnoticeable at a 4 guard, but unacceptable as far as current industry standards. WMHC, like all clinics/surgeons, will stand by their work and attempt to make things right because sometimes the unforeseen happens.

3-4 days is not enough. Yes they will be able to tell in that time. I recommend 2 weeks. Stitches don't even come out till around 10 days usually. Plus it will take a toll on you physically so I find it unrealistic that going back to work in 5 days would be okay for most people. I suppose it depends on your job though as well.

I will give you a full, informed review when I have all the results and can make a fair opinion for all involved. I do not want to boost or harm anyone's reputation till I can give more facts.

Weigh your options and always walk away from a hard close sales pitch unless you are 100% on board at that time with that clinic.

Edited by Hair2d2

It's great that people ask about clinics and doctors on this forum. That is one of the reasons it is here. You are in the RIGHT place!!

Research the name of a clinic or doctor you have questions about here on the forum. Then ask questions about the clinic or doctor you are interested in.

If there is very little or no information, then begin to do some in depth research about HTs and the recommended doctors on this site.

Here is a start to find recommended doctors: Hair Transplant in Canada and USA

Please make sure to do as much research as possible. It is surgery--so don't take it lightly, the affects will last a lifetime (kind of like a tattoo--both good ones and bad ones), and only choose a doctor recommended here as they have a solid history and reputation behind their results!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Hi,

I too am thinking of getting a Hair Transplant from the Washington Medical Hair clinics. (They have locations in Virginia & Maryland).

I need over 2,000 hair folicles done and was wondering if anyone out there had that many done and do most of the folicles survive? I was told that they get it from the donor area (I too was told that the scar would be tiny almost like a "paper cut" maybe a little more, but that noticeable...and if I keep my hair thicker (in the back), that I would be able to comb it over and no one would notice, except me & my barber...

Most of my hair loss is in the front part, so they are going to give me a nice hairline and more thickness in the front, if any of you had this done, please let me know your outcome

I was wondering if there were others out there who can let me know how everything worked out. I've looked on the internet and this website seemed to have the most un-bais honest responses. I noticed that there were over 300 views on this thread alone and not that many responses, perhaps people are nervous of posting their experiences online, if so, please contact me directly (click on my username and click on contact privately) or reply to my post.

Thank you very much....:):):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:

• 3 weeks later...

It has been 12 months since my HT from WMHC. I am going to make this short and sweet.

The hairline was drawn too straight, the hair is far too sparse and in result I must wear my hair a certain way otherwise it will look pluggy. The scar is far to wide and now has to be revised. Communication has been poor between clinic, doctor, and patient. I can go into further detail if someone is actually considering them and wants to PM me about my situation. Without a doubt I will have to get another one in the near future to fix the overall look as well as the scar.

I feel like they may do good work from time to time, but I can only speak for myself and I can tell you with full confidence that they did not do a job expected of today's HTs in my case. Their biggest issue is lack of attention to detail. Whether it is showing up on time or designing a hairline there is just zero attention to detail done by this clinic. They also led me to believe that a lot of area could be covered with so little grafts. This was odd because money wasn't my concern, I would have gladly paid twice as much for a better outcome and more grafts.

From my experience and my research, I feel that if you are considering a HT in the washington dc metro area that you should start with Dr. Lindsey.

After one of WMHC's technicians saw my results he actually suggested that I use some sort of cosmetic cover up in order to disguise the HT and said that they'd cut me a break if I wanted to get more grafts transplanted. Not something you want to hear after trusting someone with your hair. Again, feel free to write me if you have any questions.

Edited by Hair2d2
typos

Thanks for your honest opinion (Hair2d2) of the WMHC.

That's what this website is all about, sharing their experiences!!!

This will help the rest of us who are still haven't picked out a HT doctor.

This info helps us decide!

Is there anyone else who can share their experience with THE WASHINGTON MEDICAL HAIR CLINIC??

I too live in the Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia area and besides Dr. Lindsey is there anyone else anyone can recommend in Maryland (or even Virginia) who is good...

• 1 month later...
It has been 12 months since my HT from WMHC. I am going to make this short and sweet.

The hairline was drawn too straight, the hair is far too sparse and in result I must wear my hair a certain way otherwise it will look pluggy. The scar is far to wide and now has to be revised. Communication has been poor between clinic, doctor, and patient. I can go into further detail if someone is actually considering them and wants to PM me about my situation. Without a doubt I will have to get another one in the near future to fix the overall look as well as the scar.

I feel like they may do good work from time to time, but I can only speak for myself and I can tell you with full confidence that they did not do a job expected of today's HTs in my case. Their biggest issue is lack of attention to detail. Whether it is showing up on time or designing a hairline there is just zero attention to detail done by this clinic. They also led me to believe that a lot of area could be covered with so little grafts. This was odd because money wasn't my concern, I would have gladly paid twice as much for a better outcome and more grafts.

From my experience and my research, I feel that if you are considering a HT in the washington dc metro area that you should start with Dr. Lindsey.

After one of WMHC's technicians saw my results he actually suggested that I use some sort of cosmetic cover up in order to disguise the HT and said that they'd cut me a break if I wanted to get more grafts transplanted. Not something you want to hear after trusting someone with your hair. Again, feel free to write me if you have any questions.

Hello hair2d2. Thanks for your all of the information regarding your experience. I also got a procedure done by them almost eight months ago and I'd like to compare notes. I'm having trouble sending you a private message for some reason, but if you could send me one I'd appreciate it. I'd just like to compare results and maybe get some advice as to if I need to do anything about it. Thanks!

I'm having trouble sending you a private message for some reason, but if you could send me one I'd appreciate it. I'd just like to compare results and maybe get some advice as to if I need to do anything about it. Thanks!

New posters have messaging disabled initially, just in case they are spammers. One of the moderators will enable it for you.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

I too have consulted with Washington Medical Hair Clinic in Rockville, Md on a FUT procedure of 2500 grafts and am seriously considering moving forward. I am thinning on the top and would like to disguise the procedure in thinning area.

Can anyone offer and infromation on Washington Hair, good or bad?

They seem very professional and I was pleased with my consulation.

Below are my concerns. Can anyone write to these concerns?

I am planning on taking 10 days off from work, having the procedure done on a Friday and taking the following week off. Will the scabbing and redness be gone in 10 days? Will it be noticable 10 days post op?

How do they close the donor area? Staples or Stitiches? I too am looking for a discreet scar. I do wear my hair longer in the back and sides. I was told Ihave a good donor area so I'm assuming good scar coverage.

Can anyone speak to the results 6-12 months post-op?

Thanks !

Hello hair2d2. Thanks for your all of the information regarding your experience. I also got a procedure done by them almost eight months ago and I'd like to compare notes. I'm having trouble sending you a private message for some reason, but if you could send me one I'd appreciate it. I'd just like to compare results and maybe get some advice as to if I need to do anything about it. Thanks!

Why don't you post up some pre-op and post-op pics in this thread and the members here can evaluate your results?

I had a procedure with Washington Medical in October 2011 and I am quite pleased with my results. I had just over 2000 grafts transplanted to the frontal 1/2 of my scalp. I have received quite a few compliments on my overall appearance (the loss of 20lbs probably helped also) I am a government contractor and usually wear my hair somewhat short but I have never had anyone pick up on the scar in the back. I actually forget it's there.

The procedure itself was a long day, I believe about 6 to 7 hours but I was comfortable and the staff was great. I had the procedure on a Tuesday and worked the rest of the week from home. By the following Monday I still had some redness but was able to return to the office. My donor area was a bit sensitive for the first few days but that and having to wait about 6 months to start seeing significant results are the only negatives I have from the experience. I am now considering a touchup session to add a little more fullness but I have left the DC area. A rep at Washington Medical suggested Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis but I would have no problems also recommending Washington Medical

I would assume every patient may have different results and experiences but I thought I would just add my 2 cents. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day holiday

• 2 years later...
I am considering FUT and I am thinking about scheduling a consultation at this place and Dr. Lindsey. Both are located in Mclean, VA and Washington Medical Hair Clinic has offices all over the DMV area. If anyone has heard anything about this place, please share with me. :)

have you gotten a hair restoration procedure from them yet?

I too have consulted with Washington Medical Hair Clinic in Rockville, Md on a FUT procedure of 2500 grafts and am seriously considering moving forward. I am thinning on the top and would like to disguise the procedure in thinning area.

Can anyone offer and infromation on Washington Hair, good or bad?

They seem very professional and I was pleased with my consulation.

Below are my concerns. Can anyone write to these concerns?

I am planning on taking 10 days off from work, having the procedure done on a Friday and taking the following week off. Will the scabbing and redness be gone in 10 days? Will it be noticable 10 days post op?

How do they close the donor area? Staples or Stitiches? I too am looking for a discreet scar. I do wear my hair longer in the back and sides. I was told Ihave a good donor area so I'm assuming good scar coverage.

Can anyone speak to the results 6-12 months post-op?

Thanks !

Are you still considering?

I need a 3rd hair restoration and need a good doctor that someone can recommend, Im desperate.

If you're desperate, then consider going anywhere.

If you're looking for an excellent doctor who is not part of a chain, go consult with Dr. Lindsey. He's fantastic.