Advice regarding cost of hair transplants.

Hi,

I am aiming to have a procedure done this summer, i am close to choosing a Dr and have the funds in place to procede.

Now for my question.

Lets say i have enough funds for a procedure of 2500 grafts FUE/FUT to be carried out this summer however i would not be able to finance another procedure following worse case scenario for another 3-4 years. should i procede???

Opinions appreciated guys.

Regards

Can't say for sure because we don't have any photos to see how many grafts you will need. For some patients 2500 grafts is all they need, for others they may need 4000 grafts, everyone is different. Show some pics and we'll be able to be more accurate.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Cheers for the response guys.

I agree pics are needed for true opinion.

However everyone who has had a procedure must of gone through this thought process.

Saving up for the procedure and then worrying you made need another procedure soon after.

So do you save for One procedure or make sure you have enough in the bank to have a few procedures before having one to begin with:confused:

Regards

For myself, the one and done mentality in terms of HTs is how I went into my procedure.

Is this realistice? It can be, but most with high NW levels, they may need another HT further down the road.

Be realistic. Find the best doc (recommended here), get the best procedure you can ($ not dictating size of procedure) and you will have years of enjoyment with your new hair. Do not go into this procedure light heartedly as it is invasive, it is expensive, it takes a long time to heal, and results vary.

If you cannot afford the HT you have been recommended because of money...wait until you can and continue to research.

After the HT, hopefully you won't need another, will be working and saving, and if need be you can begin the research process once again for another procedure.

Again, I wanted a one and done HT. I researched a ridiculous amount. I saved and got the best HT I felt was available...and got it! 4+ years out and I went from a NW 4+ to having a full head of hair not having to worry about another procedure any time soon.

That is what patience and research and saving can do for you.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

It depends on each patient...as far as age, goals, budget, NW scale, ect...

I waited over a decade to get my second surgery.

Waiting 4 years for the next procedure is not out the ordinary, in fact it gives you time to watch further progression and possibly see where you are headed to better gameplan.

I will be 6 months post op thurs from my 2nd procedure so I dont know if I will need a 3rd final procedure or not....but I will probably wait at least two years before deciding so I can fully assess the situation.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.