If baldness was from birth......

swayzedo

How do you think the world would be if genetics were a visible factor from the minute we came into existence?

In other words if some people were born bald and remained that way and others had hair?

The hardest part of going bald is definitely the feeling of being robbed. Losing something which you already have and have had all your life definitely makes it feel like a piece of your very being is being taken away but what if it was not there in the first place?

Personally I think the world would be much different, mainly our perceptions of ourselves because I firmly believe that if we were to grow up with it from birth it will be what we have always known and wouldn't affect us a fraction as much.

Speaking for me I don't want anything more than what I am or have ever been, I just want back what I once had, I don't want to change colour or texture or anything I just want the old me back.

If the old me was a bald person, would I still want hair? Possibly, but I doubt it as I would probably have identified with a bald movie icon or some other inspirational figure plus the fact I would have grown up around other bald children.

Just a thought but I thought it was an interesting one.

Considering the fact that we're born with all the natural follicles we're ever going to have (roughly 5 million in total and 100,000 concentrated on the scalp), your idea isn't too far out there (meaning something could happen to disrupt the entire follicular creation process in utero and cause alopecia universalis/totalis).

Definitely interesting!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.