I want to see a "stretched scar"

I obviously know what the concept is but I'm just curious to see what one actually looks like. My scar is really good now, though the right side is a little bit more red - that's the side where it hurt most taking out the staples/sutures. I'm wondering if this side has stretched or could potentially stretch. It'll probably become as faded as the rest over the next few months but I am quite intrigued about this scar stretching business.

At the moment, fortunately I think I'm NOT one of the unlucky ones but I want to prepare myself for any potential outcomes. I want to know what to look for.

Anyone got any pics for examples?

(Please no FUT/FUE debates on my watch)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Here is one (This is not me but rather a pic I found on this site):

oneyear_09.jpg

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

To me, a scar stretching a bit is no big deal as long as you get good growth and coverage from the grafts. My scar turned out great but if it was not optimal, yes, that would not be ideal but I would rather have good hair with a portion of scar stretched than be bald with no scar at all. I know is not a zero sum game but you get the idea.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I feel my scar got stretch or something happen to it. It's in my profile pics.

Not to worried, it can be repaired, or re visioned. Styled, I can shave down to a guard 3. Thought it did miss my expectations about having a "a pencil thin scar"

Edited by nativeremdies

I feel my scar got stretch or something happen to it. It's in my profile pics.

Not to worried, it can be repaired, or re visioned. Styled, I can shave down to a guard 3. Thought it did miss my expectations about having a "a pencil thin scar"

Unfortunately even the best FUT Doctor's cannot guarantee a thin scar...

Edited by Mickey85

My scar stretched a bit and I did no weights. It was a big case and the surgeon did not doa double layer closure. I feel this affected it because I have other scars on my body and the one with the double layer closure (on my back, and area that moves a lot) is way better than those without a double layer closure. Frustrating.