The ultimate manual versus motorized FUE thread

Mickey85

Possibly re-work the title to something broader, as the thread had grown in scope. I could be wrong but it seems like it's than must manual vs. motorized going into basic methodology etc.

Yeh I'm going to talk to Bill about changing the title because I can't do it from my end. Initially the thread was just going to comprise of quotes from surgeons regarding their sentiments on punches but I decided to elaborate on it. Any ideas for a suitable title??

One of the most interesting threads created about FUE in depth. Im just wondering how many doctor does the one step FUE? I still cant understand the concept of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTCdGlFHRzw

In this video, its says that Dr. Erdogan does manual one step FUE, versi handle, sharp and blunt punch. while Feriduni in the other hand is two step FUE, versi handle, sharp punch only.

Usually FUE needs atleast two steps which are:-

1) Punching of the graft and simultaneous loosening of the graft from surrounding tissue

2) Gentle removal with forceps

How can Dr. Erdogan does both in one step!!!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Erdogan is FUE genius. If the one step FUE technique is legitimate, it will make ARTAS look pretty primitive from a functional point of view. You know the funny thing Hariri? ARTAS robot costs near $200,000US. The Versi handle cost $70US.

Thanks for your kind words and help Hariri.

Good idea. It's shaping up to be "The Ultimate FUE Thread" period, or something like "FUE Criteria and Considerations" or "For Those Considering FUE....": etc. :)

Nice :) I'm taking suggestions! I like the first one!!

Erdogan is FUE genius. If the one step FUE technique is legitimate, it will make ARTAS look pretty primitive from a functional point of view. You know the funny thing Hariri? ARTAS robot costs near $200,000US. The Versi handle cost $70US.

Thanks for your kind words and help Hariri.

We should ask him indirectly. Maybe he can elaborate more about this interesting one step FUE that no one else but him does it. After all its a Human vs Robot, Erdogan indeed is making ARTAS looks primitive :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

We should ask him indirectly. Maybe he can elaborate more about this interesting one step FUE that no one else but him does it. After all its a Human vs Robot, Erdogan indeed is making ARTAS looks primitive :D

Lorenzo is learning the one-step technique :)

Have added pros/cons of each method of extraction(manual, motorized, ARTAS and NeoGraft) on the first page along with Norwood 1 to 6 examples done via FUE.

Have begun adding each surgeon's graft limit per day protocol thanks to PupDaddy's great suggestion. May take some time til it is complete but it will happen!

Mickey,

You've been a real work horse on this topic and it provides such valuable information that I think it's time to "sticky" this thread as well.

As for a topic title change, I'll leave it to you and members to decide. Then, send me a private message with some of your combined suggestions and I'll provide my input and make the change :-).

Keep up the great work!

Bill

Mickey,

You've been a real work horse on this topic and it provides such valuable information that I think it's time to "sticky" this thread as well.

As for a topic title change, I'll leave it to you and members to decide. Then, send me a private message with some of your combined suggestions and I'll provide my input and make the change :-).

Keep up the great work!

Bill

:D

Awwwwwww mannnn. You know how to make someone's day hehe. Will gather suggestions about the name change and PM you once we all come to an agreement because it is the peoples thread :)

A comprehensive comparison of the different methods of FUE extraction- that was a quick suggestion.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

A comprehensive comparison of the different methods of FUE extraction- that was a quick suggestion.

Hehe thanks :) I'll take everything on board!

Just get writing it- worry about that at the end ;)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

Most FUE surgeons can partially shave an area in the donor to avoid shaving the whole donor but the quantity they will be able to extract will be fewer. Don't expect 2,000 grafts that way. I have seen actual examples of the partially shaved donor from Feriduni, True and Dorin, Feller etc. True and Dorin don't need to shave recipient areas but most other surgeons do advise it especially if implanting into weaker areas.

Thanks for the compliments too :)

Edited by Mickey85

Most FUE surgeons can partially shave an area in the donor to avoid shaving the whole donor but the quantity they will be able to extract will be fewer. Don't expect 2,000 grafts that way. I have seen actual examples of the partially shaved donor from Feriduni, True and Dorin, Feller etc. True and Dorin don't need to shave recipient areas but most other surgeons do advise it especially if implanting into weaker areas.

Thanks for the compliments too :)

The intent of not shaving is obviously about keeping one's hair as similar as possible post HT. Even if the doctors perform a smaller session and strategically trim hair, will it matter if we are bound to lose hair anyways due to shockloss? In other words, is the limiting factor in maintaining similar hair post op the shockloss "wild card" - is shockloss guaranteed to occur?

If one does not experience shockloss and they go for a smaller session, I would think the chances of them preserving largely the same look pre op and post op is doable. Thought?

The intent of not shaving is obviously about keeping one's hair as similar as possible post HT. Even if the doctors perform a smaller session and strategically trim hair, will it matter if we are bound to lose hair anyways due to shockloss? In other words, is the limiting factor in maintaining similar hair post op the shockloss "wild card" - is shockloss guaranteed to occur?

If one does not experience shockloss and they go for a smaller session, I would think the chances of them preserving largely the same look pre op and post op is doable. Thought?

Shaving the recipient area is done also to better determine the angle and direction is existing hair so they can match it. And to better avoid transection which can kill native hair. Shockloss is not guaranteed though, it can be avoided but best to minimize the chances. Maintaining a similar look depends alot on chance brcause temporary shock may occur in the recipient. Some combover styles may be needed to hide things for a while. Hope that helps. If you need more details let me know as im typing this on my phone in bed lol.

Very useful. Thanks

Glad to be of service. All my threads will have recommended surgeon's names linked to their profiles by the end of the week hopefully.

Great thread Mickey.

Which, if any, doctors are able to do an fue procedure of say 1,000+ grafts with minimal shaving of donor and no shaving of recipient areas?

For a 1000 grafts, most docs probably won't need to shave the recipient area but the donor area will depend largely on individual patient's donor density and how big the donor area is. I believe 5-600 grafts is about what you can exact on the average patient with minimal shaving in donor.