Shoudl I tell my girlfriend I've had a HT?

Great question. I would be pondering the same thing if I was in your shoes. IMO, if I was dating a girl for a couple of months I probably would not tell her. But since the relationship you have with this girl appears more profound I don't think you have anything to worry about in telling her. As some others have pointed out, I think she would be fascinated and opposed to thinking that you are somehow less of a man than she has come to know.

I actually had the same issue right before I had my first FUT with Dr. Charles about a month ago. I wanted to get a hair cut right before the procedure and I decided after much deliberation to tell my hair dresser why I was coming back to her so soon after my last hair cut. I had some trepidation about how she would "look" at me or judge me, what have you. And in the end, all she did was ask me a bunch of questions because she was fascinated about the procedure and made me promise to come back so she could check out the scar.

I know that most of us guys on this forum might see loss of one's hair as a sign of lost manhood, virility or attractiveness to the opposite sex. At least those have been my feelings over the past few years. But in the end, its really nothing to be ashamed about. It's not like I am going out on the rafters and yelling out my personal business, but I don't think there is anything wrong in telling your close friends or in this case girl friend.

Another funny note, I was out with a buddy of mine getting some drinks and decided to tell him what I had just done and then he proceeded to tell me that last year he had the bags under his eyes removed, also for aesthetic purposes. Everyone has their thing. So don't be embarrassed and tell her. It'll make you feel better.

Great question. I would be pondering the same thing if I was in your shoes. IMO, if I was dating a girl for a couple of months I probably would not tell her. But since the relationship you have with this girl appears more profound I don't think you have anything to worry about in telling her. As some others have pointed out, I think she would be fascinated and opposed to thinking that you are somehow less of a man than she has come to know.

I actually had the same issue right before I had my first FUT with Dr. Charles about a month ago. I wanted to get a hair cut right before the procedure and I decided after much deliberation to tell my hair dresser why I was coming back to her so soon after my last hair cut. I had some trepidation about how she would "look" at me or judge me, what have you. And in the end, all she did was ask me a bunch of questions because she was fascinated about the procedure and made me promise to come back so she could check out the scar.

I know that most of us guys on this forum might see loss of one's hair as a sign of lost manhood, virility or attractiveness to the opposite sex. At least those have been my feelings over the past few years. But in the end, its really nothing to be ashamed about. It's not like I am going out on the rafters and yelling out my personal business, but I don't think there is anything wrong in telling your close friends or in this case girl friend.

Another funny note, I was out with a buddy of mine getting some drinks and decided to tell him what I had just done and then he proceeded to tell me that last year he had the bags under his eyes removed, also for aesthetic purposes. Everyone has their thing. So don't be embarrassed and tell her. It'll make you feel better.

Excellent post!!!! Great perspective on it...

I fully understand that people find this difficult. Everyone is different.

I am proud of my work, and have no hesitation in telling anyone.

If it is an issue or a dealbreaker for any female, then they are not worth it.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Tell her man!!!! She will think it is cool you are doing that to improve yourself. She will also probably flip out over moder day technology involved in hair trainsplanting. She'll be cool about it. Is she is not, find another girl.

Hi!

I need you advice on something that I have to consider pretty soon. I have done 2 hair transplants with dr Hasson with excellent results, I have virtually gone from a NW 4 to a NW 1. Since 7 months, I have dated a great girl that is a bit younger than me, and it's getting pretty serious and we're talking about moving in together. The problem is that she doesn't know that I've had hair transplants. Sometime she's talked about how nice she thinks my hair looks, and how unusual it is to have that good hair at my age (I am 36 and she is 27). She has seen some old pictures, and she has commented that I look much better now than before , but I'm not sure that she realizes that the hair is the difference. On March 1st I will do a small FUE to fix my temple points, and that is hopefully the last procedure I will ever do. Should I tell my girlfriend about this? Won't it seem strange that I go away for 2 weeks, and then come back with a shaved head?

Somehow I realise that I have to tell her eventually, but I'm afraid that she will think I am superficial and that it will change the way she thinks about me. What would you have done in my place? How have you solved similar problems in your lives?

/Danny

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Just a little update: I told her yesterday and it all went fine. She said that it didn't matter to her, that she liked me for who I am, not my hair. She was also impressed with the work, she would never have known I had work done.

She was very supportive, and didn't mind me having a new procedure (which is scheduled with dr Feriduni in March). Though, she clearly pointed out that she thinks I look good as I am, and that I definately don't have to do it for her. But she said that if this is something that is important for me I should go through with it, and she will stand behind me.

So it all went well and it feels good not to have any secrets anymore.

Just a little update: I told her yesterday and it all went fine. She said that it didn't matter to her, that she liked me for who I am, not my hair. She was also impressed with the work, she would never have known I had work done.

She was very supportive, and didn't mind me having a new procedure (which is scheduled with dr Feriduni in March). Though, she clearly pointed out that she thinks I look good as I am, and that I definately don't have to do it for her. But she said that if this is something that is important for me I should go through with it, and she will stand behind me.

So it all went well and it feels good not to have any secrets anymore.

Good news! Honesty about these kinds of things is always the best policy when dealing with somebody you really care about.