Stem Cell Breakthrough????

Earmuffs

Would be great. I heard they are making advances but are having issues controlling the direction in which the hair grows.

From the picture of the mice in the video it does seem the hair grows which every way. Maybe they will be able to grow hair in the lab and then in plant it so it grows in the desirable direction?

I heard that Dr. Nigam from India is doing a new stem cell these days by combing Dr. Gho duplication technique along with some of ADERANS technology.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167672-stem-cell-hair-growth-india.html

The industry is going forward my friend. Lokking forward 2015 :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Is Dr.Cotsarelis still investigating this? I think several studies have demonstrated the fact that bulge stem cells, along with their follicular stem cell capabilities, are also fairly important in epidermal wound healing. The fact that these cells, which can also create terminal hair follicles, aggregate around healing epidermal wounds is what likely causes the hair growth around the scar. However, I believe this was only demonstrated in mouse models, and was not reproducible in humans.

Gary, I think you are referring to Aderans Ji Gami process. Initially, Aderans was attempting "hair multiplication" via hair follicle extraction, dermal papilla (DP) isolation, DP multiplication (amongst other dermal/epidermal elements), and DP injection back into the scalp. At first, Aderans believed these isolated and multiplied DP cells would induce terminal follicles, but during the Phase II trials, it seems like something else happened: from the data we've seen so far, it seems like the DP cells actually ended up aggregating around DHT affected DPs (i.e. follicles affected by hair loss), and essentially reinvigorating these follicles. There is some discussion about whether or not enough of these DP aggregates could actually form a new follicle, but as of now, it seems like the biggest upside may be reviving follicles affected by DHT (at least those within 30 months of DHT exposure), but we will see what ends up coming from Aderans.

Hariri,

In theory, I think Dr. Nigam is doing some very interesting things. However, I'm looking forward to more objective patient results, a standardized technique (as he seems to be continually changing his procedure), and a publication.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Wasn't this the same discovery I saw on TV like 6-7 years ago? I could have sworn it was on the Today show with Matt as well. If it's the same study they've had years to turn it into something and haven't. Not excited about it at all.