HT Results out of ten

Julius

I am just curious to get opinions on what a hair transplant can achieve out of ten with ten being Brad Pitt like hair?

If parameters are needed lets assume loss is between a Norwood 3-5 with average donor supply, hair diameter and head size. And that they go to a coalition surgeon.

It really still depends on the surgeon, and there's a pretty huge difference between NW 3, 4, and 5, so that distinction is important, too. Also, depending on the person's age and general pattern a good physician like one from the Coalition may or may not be inclined to give a density that you're hinting at, so age would be another.

The answer to your question is truly a unique one, and it's best approached on a very specific, case by case basis.

Theoretically, HTs can certainly give 10s, though; howevever, in practicality, this is rarely achieved.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks thana. What is practically achievable is what I am interested in. Lets also say that they went to a top coalition Dr. If possible lets not get bogged down with specifics. I really just want to know if it would be possible to achieve a ten from a ht? Personally I think I could count on one hand those who look like they could achieve a ten, but this is only from photos and video.

The guys who are most likely to be able to achieve a great hair transplant are those who have minimal loss (up to a NW 3 or 4) and are unlikely to lose more hair (due to genetics and/or being 35+). This means the hair transplant can be less conservative to achieve a result that you mentioned.

With that being said, there are some NW 6's who have avhieved a very good head of hair, albeit not "brad pitt hair". It's important to have realistic expectations and accept that if you have advanced loss, or are heading towards it, you probably can't get a result that is a ten.

But Having hair that is a 7 or 8 is much better than being a NW 6 isn't it??

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

A NW3 is very differnt from a NW5.

Doctors can plant a Brad Pitt Hairline, but they will run out of hair to cover the rest if an advanced norwood.

Typical strategy for a higher NW is to plant a receded hairline with receded temples. It looks age appropriate on a 40+ year old guy.

To answer your question, if you are older 35+ and are only a NW3, it is realistic to have something close to a Brad Pitt hair.

I love this thread. Albeit very general, and impossible to answer with any certainty this question points to the core of the perceived benefit of HTs.

In just a few responses thus far I think we've already hit on a critical item in that HT results improve the lower you are on the NW scale. Sad but true, it's mply supply demand issue. While this may seem like an obvious point to some I think it's not so obvious and of vital importance to those newbies considering HTs.

That said, why would you want to achieve Brad Pitt like hair? Think about it. If you're already losing your hair going back to a perfect head of hair will be an extreme cosmetic change. Do you really want your friends to be like, "what the heck?"

Also, transplanted hairs are permanent. Are you sure you want a hair line of a 20yr old when you're 50+? Won't that look odd even if you somehow maintain all the natural hairs on the top of your head and crown?

I think my expectations when I first started doing research were a little unrealistic and I still have a few concerns about my upcoming HT. But, I'm now comfortable with the idea of a high, slightly receeding hair line that's a little see through in harsh lighting.

Just make sure your expectations are realistic before jumping into this thing.

Thanks for the replies. Can anybody name some other ht patients who look like tens?

(I also think that a ten should not just be reserved for juvenile hairlines a mature hair line like Jimmy Stewart had can also be a ten)

Originally posted by Megatron:

But, I'm now comfortable with the idea of a high, slightly receeding hair line that's a little see through in harsh lighting.

What about a hairline that is more than slightly receded and is see through in normal lighting unless styled?

I think that is probably closer to what most get. THe hairline is receded more than a centimeter and the hair is see through under most circumstances.

There are realistic expectations, and then there are REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. It may be impossible to be completely realistic until you have had the surgery and know what it entails.

I think a high mature hairline receded at least more than a centimeter from that of a juvenile hairline is the only way to go so as to conserve grafts and get good density, but if I thought I would end up with a bird's nest that was see-through under most circumstances I WOULD just shave it all off. And in that case no HT could be a 10.

Emperor good luck with the next procedure I hope you keep us all posted.

Cheers