FUE Hair Transplant Repair with 5,000 BHT Grafts—Dr. Umar

Before Surgery:

· This patient, known as Boomboom on certain hair restoration forums, has had a long and difficult journey with hair loss, starting with several prior hair transplants in the 1980’s

· These outdated methods left him considerably bald

· The only growth produced an odd-looking island of hair at his mid-front scalp and an abrasive hairline

· He was scarred and scalp donor depleted

Surgery:

· Goal: Add adequate coverage to his frontal and mid scalp, construct new hairline and temple points with a softer appearance, and correct asymmetrical growth

· Dr. Umar’s FUE hair transplant repair used 5,000 body hair transplant grafts from the head and beard combined

Surgery Results:

· Results show Boomboom at 18 months after the procedure (photos provided by patient) Watch the video, click here: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/body-hair-transplant-fue-repair/

5b32d65356f89_FUEhairtransplantrepair1.jpg.f2c18ea341c6bf01abad731e8abd54a9.jpg

5b32d6536e67a_FUEhairtransplantrepair2.jpg.953585d555a6cabae89a2cc8b79aa9e8.jpg

5b32d6538bbe0_FUEhairtransplantrepair3.jpg.3fc3984611d783bea8d8bb39eda1b8fe.jpg

5b32d653a0e21_FUEhairtransplantrepair4.jpg.e094af08c6faede5c11395ee02a6a193.jpg

5b32d653b6cf4_FUEhairtransplantrepair5.jpg.ee4c83b1f6a3f2044223709d49ee4b0a.jpg

5b32d653c94b8_FUEhairtransplantrepair6.jpg.b87fc234e85eb61c6f2d9b629f4070c3.jpg

5b32d653d5fde_FUEhairtransplantrepair7.jpg.7ddee28fb9953bab826665c54306fc71.jpg

5b32d653ed312_FUEhairtransplantrepair8.jpg.d1093c2c5bd69310c9eb79d4703cec47.jpg

Edited by Abbie

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Very nice transformation. I feel so sorry for these men who went through the early surgeries...

The doc did a great job here. I think the improvement is huge. A bit of concealer like toppik and he'd look even better.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Very nice transformation!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

more great work from Dr. Umar. im a little confused tho? you said "5,000 body hair transplant grafts from the head and beard combined". was it body and beard hair or head hair used?

how many beard grafts were extracted and what did the body grafts consist of? meaning, how many 2's and 3's if any?

Looks great. Does Dr Umarhave any long term success data on body hairs transplanted 5 years plus?

I had posted earler about some of the apprehension I sense from this Network and lack of cases from surgeons of the degree of success in Body Hair Transplants. Dr Umar seems to embrace this technology. Is the technology that new? Is there a risk of body hairs not being successful as opposed to back of scalp donor hair? Is it just not cost effective for a majority of surgeons to do body hairs as opposed to tradtional FUE.

I have read a lot of senior members that post, " save your donor hair" for future transplant by not doing smaller procedures on the first one. Doesn't it make sense to combine the two to maximize your donor hair? Like I had mentioned in an earlier post, I think FUT are very evasive and cause down time when you shave your head. If a combination of donor FUE and Body Hair FUE would seem like a preferred choice for a second or third procedure. I would appreciate from feedback on this one.

Thanks