37, NW5 (I think) considering surgical treatment

speed-bird

speed-bird,

Welcome! You may very well be a candidate for hair transplantation. However, we'll need to see some more pics. Top-down and rear photos will help to determine just how much hair loss you have and what your donor supply looks like.

If you'd like even more specific feedback as to what your hair restoration options are, I recommend contacting one or more of the skilled and experienced hair transplant surgeons we recommend. To find a clinic near you, see our interactive map. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

You may also find it helpful to view these hair transplant results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Personally, I think you are a canidate. You have lost a bit more hair than me and I did well in Dr.Rahal's hands. Check my web page link. Your donor will need to be examimed to be sure.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I also think you can have a procedure, but your donor does appear slightly on the thinner side, especially right in the middle of the back of your head, so you may have less grafts to work with. Are you using any preventative/regrowth medication like minoxidil (rogaine) or finasteride (propecia)? I think your surgeon would prefer to see you using one of these for at least 6-8 months to see if you experience any regrowth or stabilization. From your photos it appears that you have a lot of miniaturized hairs and those medications could very well regrow some of it and give you a better look and you won't need to use as many grafts. Consult with a few surgeons and see what they recommend. If some are far away from you, you can email them for an online consultation.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would check out Jotrinic's results.

You appear to have a lot of the same characteristics. He was a repair pt and was at your stage when he was quite a bit younger, but you seem to be fairly close. He has documented well, so if you have the money, his results would be something you might be able to expect.

He doesn't look like Elvis, but he doesn't look like Captain Picard either.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Personally, I think you are a canidate. You have lost a bit more hair than me and I did well in Dr.Rahal's hands. Check my web page link. Your donor will need to be examimed to be sure.

Good Luck

Hey, I saw the link to your procedure, it looks fantastic! If you do not mind, do you have preop pics of sides, back, and top? Just so we can get a clear idea of the preop stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey speed-bird,

You may very well be a candidate for a hair transplant, however the number of grafts that could be extracted might be an issue. Of course, the best bet would be to consult with a doctor and have him evaluate your scalp. From there on, he or she will be able to provide you with everything necessary to get you on the right path. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck! All the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum