1 month question

I am certain many others have asked this question before, but being the paranoid person that I am, I am not a little over a month post op, and basicaly it doesn't even look like I have had an HT with the exception with maybe a few tiny grafts that remained. This truly is normal right? I started using Propecia about 2 weeks post op and am also using minoxidil (2% because of scalp irritation of the 5%). I hope I am just being over paranoid. Also, basically, should I be able to live my life relatively normally now? Meaning, how gentle/delicate should I be with the top of my head now? I am shampooing normally, however, I must admit, I am not going (full force) on top of my head or anything. Thanks!

Bill

I am certain many others have asked this question before, but being the paranoid person that I am, I am not a little over a month post op, and basicaly it doesn't even look like I have had an HT with the exception with maybe a few tiny grafts that remained. This truly is normal right? I started using Propecia about 2 weeks post op and am also using minoxidil (2% because of scalp irritation of the 5%). I hope I am just being over paranoid. Also, basically, should I be able to live my life relatively normally now? Meaning, how gentle/delicate should I be with the top of my head now? I am shampooing normally, however, I must admit, I am not going (full force) on top of my head or anything. Thanks!

Bill

Bill,

at 1 month, start shampooing as you have always did. You are not going to hurt anything.

If it doesn't look like you had a transplant after a month, then great! Those grafts can take upto 3 months to start showing.

It's a tough ride, but you'll make it through it.

Live your life to your own normalsy. icon_biggrin.gif

I would just take it easy with any heavy lifting for now, because of your donor scar. Give it another month for that. That's just being safe.

Hairbethere,

Thanks for the input. I was pretty certain that this was supposed to happen, but I rather have had the grafts just start growing right away...don't we all icon_cool.gif

So heavy lifting eh? This is the first I heard of this. Unfortunately, I've been heavy lifting since about 2.5 weeks, but I guess it depends how you define heavy. How will this effect the donor scar? Thanks!

Bill

Do you believe heavy lifting to be only power lifting(dead lifts,squats) when the body is in perpetual strain mode/motion or simply any activity which will get the heart rate up?

How about jogging,swimming or contact sports?Is there still a time constrait(one month perhaps) or rather should one adhere to a limited range of motion within their donor area?

This might be a no brainer but I've been lifting quite regularly and haven't noiced and strectching or elongation of the donor scar.Is there an effective way to measure this?

Solid,

I'd be careful of any activity that causes tension in your donor region. If you can do deadlifts and squats with no "tugging" feeling in your donor area then you should be fine.

I found that sprinting, jumping, and bench pressing where I strained with my head pressed into the bench causes alot more donor tension than real heavy deadlifts & squats.

Just be careful or any activity that puts noticeable tension on your scar.

Here is a good thread on excercising post op that shared many opinions.

Your safest bet is to listen to your physicians directions and use good judgement.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog