No shedding of hairs even after 4 weeks of hair transplant

abhi2608

Hi,

I am a bit anxious to see that I am not going through shedding phase even after 4 weeks of my transplant. Can anyone advise why I am not going through this phase ?

Hello Abhi,

Shedding can take place from 4 - 8 weeks on average; so you have not passed the window yet. So, fret not, If you are really stressed over this issue call your surgeon and express your concern. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Abhi,

Welcome to our discussion forum and social community. As other members have already suggested, postoperative shedding typically occurs 4 to 8 weeks after surgery. Most likely, you will experience a shed. If you don't, you may be one of the very lucky few that doesn't experience one.

Nonetheless, try not to stress. All of what you're experiencing (including a bit of anxiety about the process) is very normal. In the meantime, we are here to help :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

I am 9 and a half weeks post-op and have little shedding. I'd guess that about 50% of my grafted hairs have yet to shed. I'm not too worried about it. My only fear is that I may start to see some coverage and then the shed will hit me and I'll be back at square one. Oh well, time will tell...

My hairs at the very front of the hairline didn't shed at all, but the rest seemed to have gone between week 3 and 6.

If it doesn't shed, that's just great luck and not a bad thing!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I am not able to convince myself why some of people do not shed hairs after transplant? Is there any specific reasoning behind it?

Secondly, transplanted hair are not growing much in length but existing hair are growing rapidly.

It varied for me in my 4 HT's. I had little shedding in my FUE procedure and a bit more in some of the others. I always tried to "ignore" all of the shedding, growth and timeline concepts because you can go nuts "watching the grass grow."

Look at it this way, everyday for the next 12-14 months you will be getting more hair as opposed to the opposite we were acustom to (with the exception of shedding of course which you cannot really control) !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!