I got a fue done last year but i had poor results

Goldminer1234

Hi I had a fue add a place add a place called advadvanced med spa run by Doctor Efren Gonzalez. It's a long story but it didnt turn out well. He wasted most of my hair placing them where i didnt want them. He built up my temple area and hair line when I told him I wanted all hair placed in the middle like a mohawk. Has a anyone ever had a hair transplant done there? Im thinking about going to LA to a place called hair lab with doctor Chao the prices are cheaper.

Goldminer1234,

I'm not familiar with this clinic but I have to say this, if you've already had a bad experience, whey would you risk more of your precious grafts with another unknown clinic just because the prices are cheaper?

Price should be the last concern when it comes to choosing a quality hair restoration clinic. I suggest doing yourself a favor and before you make another choice, carefully review and investigate each and every doctor you are considering. The physicians we recommend must undergo a rigid screening process. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Click here for a complete list of recommended physicians.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

its all easy saying price is the last concern...BUT its does play major part in finding the right surgeon. If you havnt got much money to spend, what do you do??? I guess you may not have a top surgeon for an average cost.

If money wasnt the issue than I guess we all be flying out to america to have HT???

More money = top surgeon, its simple as that.

Happy Xmaz

Price should be the last concern when it comes to choosing a quality hair restoration clinic.

that's nonsense! easy for you to say but not everyone is wealthy and considering US and European doctors can charge $6-8 per graft that would mean many people would only be able to have 1000-2000 grafts at best.

reasonable pricing and great results do not always go hand and hand. which is why many are going to India.

and if one is a NW4,5 or 6 that would hardly do anything but them look less bald....:rolleyes:

Plunge is totally right. There are a handful of elite clinics that do not arbitrarily hike their price-per-graft. Just do your homework and you'll find them. Cost (and travel for that matter) can be a factor once you have determined which of the perspective clinics are worthy of your trust. But cost should NEVER be the sole reason why you are looking into a specific clinic. Results! Results! Results!

I let cost dictate my first surgeon (he was even recommended here on this site) and I've regretted it ever since.

One bad transplant can be dealt with. Two bad transplants and the situation becomes much more difficult.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group