My business experience with Dr. Joseph Williams

JPinLV

hi, did you sign any documentation when you initially put your deposit down? usually a reputable clinic will have a standard form when you book a procedure outlining their terms and conditions etc, in most cases i believe deposits are not refundable.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

What cueball35 said. Deposits for cosmetic procedures, including hair transplants, are usually non-refundable as a matter of policy and are stated as such on the paperwork provided to patients and often signed by them. There is nothing disreputable about it. For a cosmetic surgery practice, the deposit is intended to insure that the clinic doesn't set aside a full-day surgery date for the patient and turn other patients away for that date, only to have the patient then cancel. The clinic would then have to scramble to slot in another patient who is willing to schedule a procedure at the last minute, which often can't be done, resulting in an idle operating day for the doctor and his team of techs. (Some cosmetic surgery practices retain the deposit in the event of cancellation WITHOUT applying it to a future surgery.) I question whether Dr. Williams' people would have guaranteed that you could get private financing, not knowing your credit score, income, liabilities, etc., and not being loan officers. More likely, they would have said something along that lines that it shouldn't be a problem to get financing for a hair transplant, as many of their patients do. It is unfortunate that your personal situation kept you from obtaining financing, but unless the paperwork expressly made the clinic's retention of your deposit contingent on you obtaining financing (like some real estate transactions), I am with the clinic on this one.

When the doc told you "financing would not be an issue", why would you take his word for it? He is not in the banking business and you did not apply for financing through his finance company (I dont even know if he has one). Therefore, I would not have taken the above as any sort of "guarentee" that you would be approved. He should have been more careful in his wording though.

Having said that, I do think he should refund half your money based on the miscommunication alone but he is in no way totally at fault here..

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

JP,

Did you speak with Dr. Williams' clinic and clear this up? With the original content removed, it's difficult to tell what happened. If this hasn't been resolved, please let me know so I can inform Dr. Williams about the thread.

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Technically, only a moderator can delete the thread, but I will leave it as is for now. I'm glad you were able to work things out!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

When the doc told you "financing would not be an issue", why would you take his word for it? He is not in the banking business and you did not apply for financing through his finance company (I dont even know if he has one). Therefore, I would not have taken the above as any sort of "guarentee" that you would be approved. He should have been more careful in his wording though.

Having said that, I do think he should refund half your money based on the miscommunication alone but he is in no way totally at fault here..

I feel your pain. I had the exact same issue and lost a whole deposit. I was never given any documentation regarding the clinics non refundable deposit status prior to paying it or nothing to sign before hand. I ran in to issues obtaining the finance then.

If i had been made aware or given a disclaimer to sign i would have no issue at all. The clinic acted disgracefully though in their conduct in keeping it. I never came within months of an appointment with them.

JPinLV,

I'm glad to hear whatever concern you felt you were experiencing has been resolved. That said, we are not in the habit of removing topics once an issue has been resolved. Instead, we'd prefer members to update topics to let us know the outcome of how each concern was resolved.

In the future, please commit and be ready to update any topics you start rather than deleting them.

Thanks,

Bill

P.S. Because this issue has been resolved, I changed the topic to "My business experience with Dr. Joseph Williams" and removed the word "bad".

Thanks Bill!! I personally dont like the approach some take whereby they post in an attempt to "Persuede" docs to resolve a gripe in their favor. A blackmailing of sorts...

Follow through by an OP on this type of thread is owed not only to the docs but to all people reading these posts.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks for doing that Bill, but the only update I will provide is that the situation was resolved and if I did have the money in hand in the future and a little bit of a lucky streak in life going on then I would come to this forum and research for a doctor to goto. Sorry that the original post was deleted but what was the point of keeping it up when everything worked out in the end for both parties involved.

Have a Safe holiday season everyone an thanks again.