Need clinic ASAP.. Please help

JayDublin

I had arranged 1600 fue with a leading fue clinic in Europe for Thursday last. I was researching and planning for 2 years. Have the next 4 weeks off work, and my life arranged around this for the next year..

I was 10 mins late arriving at airport due to a change in bank rules meaning I had to skip across town to 2 separate banks to take out the required cash.. Anyway I was not allowed check in.. Missed the flight. Initially I thought this is a minor set back and I will just catch the next flight and explain to the clinic.. However the clinic are booked solid and could not facilitate me at a slightly later time... I am devastated.

I have my life arranged around this ... Its my own silly fault, I should have taken cash out the day before....

I wounder if anyone here can help me ?? I need to have 1600 fue done over the next 2 weeks... Is there anyone aware of a clinic anywhere that could squash me in .?? Anytime night or day or weekend ??

You have got yourself in a real predicament Jay.

I am not entirely sure what to suggest.

Hopefully other forum members will comment.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hey Jay,

sorry to hear about your predicament, I suggest you try contacting s2thoudriver he's one of the members on this network that recently had an FUE in Istanbul with Dr Eser Aydogdu and he's raving about the experience and the results certainly seem to warrant it check out his thread with photos http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166347-2800-fue-dr-eser-ayadogdu-istanbul.html also I recommend you try and contact Dr Rahal in Canada (Ottawa) if the longer travel is an option. Best of luck and keep calm, something will work out I'm sure.

It probabably was Feriduni or Bisanga that his surgery was due with :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks, Ive tried both, they are booked solid.. I'm hoping for a cancellation.. But they dont come up that often apparently.. Anyone heard of these doing 2 guys in 1 day ??

I can't believe after all the planning.. Gutted is not the word !!

Let this be a lesson to anyone travelling for treatment ... Book an earlier flight.. Leave at least one flight between your treatment just in case !!!

Jay,

Sorry to hear about this! At this point in time, I know you're panicking a bit, but I do have one (probably unwelcomed) piece of advice: don't rush into a procedure simply because you set aside the time and money. To be honest, I bet you could find a clinic to "squeeze you in," but if it isn't a clinic you've researched, consulted with, and feel 100% comfortable with, I wouldn't recommend going through with the surgery. Altogether, it could simply result in a less than satisfactory procedure and much more time, money, and heartache down the road.

At this point in time, I think you have a few options: 1. Keep calling the original clinic every day during the time you have off, and see if they have any cancellations or availabilities. 2. Accept that this was a very unfortunate chain of events, and either reschedule with the original clinic or research other FUE practitioners (like Dr. Feriduni), who could possibly fit you in a bit earlier.

I hope this helps! Again, I'm really sorry to hear about this. If there is anything else I can do to help, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Who was the clinic you were booked in with?

[edit] nevermind, found one of your posts. Have you contacted the doctor? What did he say?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hey thanks future ht doc... You give good sound advise here, i like reading your posts.. Your right I did kinda panic a bit.. Cos I had it so planned out.. But now just trying to move things forward.. Thanks Again !!

Hey Jay,

I think you had every right to panic! I definitely don't think you should feel bad about this. I simply wanted to make sure you didn't do something reactionary that you may regret later during this time of panic.

Again, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Otherwise, good luck, and keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bummer Jay!!! Really sorry about the lousy luck! Really hoping that the clinic you booked with gets a cancellation in the next few weeks, and that they are able to get you in as scheduled! Keep us posted, and keeping my fingers crossed for you here buddy!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks Mike & Blake,

I missed a flight, I didnt hurt anyone, I didn't lie to anyone, I didn't break any laws.. I didnt stiff any fees, But I'm practically begging the clinic now.. Its a bit degrading to be honest.

I'm in the service business myself and to be really honest I would never leave a client out in the cold like this.. But I'm not a client, I'm a patient ..considering what's at stake, how much commitment comes from the patient, is it not reasonable to expect the medical profession have higher standards of patient care?? Is it reasonable to say that patient needs should come 1st, business interests 2nd ??

I've offered the clinic financial Compensation.. And offered to pay 33% more for the procedure.. I emailed the clinic the day before procedure to advise I missed the flight.. And kept them informed .. So it not like I just didn't turn up... and emailed them twice a day since to explain my desperation

Ahh sorry .. My disappointment / panic has now turned to anger... Partly at myself but also at the disregard the clinic seem to have toward me and my well being...

Am I asking too much ??? Glad of your input ??

If all else fails, can you not just return back to work after 1 week and then try and book with the Dr again in 6 months and book 3 weeks off work?

You'll miss one week of recovery but at least you dont waste these weeks of holiday now and can use them to have the HT with the right doctor down the line. I know it's not good waiting even more but it's better to do it right!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon