effect of climate

Hi guys, it seems nobody has started a thread on this before. I come from S'pore, a tropical island and i am actually keen to embark on my 2nd HT after a massive failure on the first one. I am going to SMG for my 2nd procedure in Minnesota, but its winter now and i am just worried the sudden change in temp might cause some physiology changes in my body and i m not gonna risk ANYTHING at all, considering i lost more than 3k grafts in my first procedure for nothing.

Does anyone think that i m overly concerned with what the sudden climate change can do to my physiology, hair wise...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

You just worry about keeping yourself healthy in the mind and body, and the HT should take care of itself.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

wb280,

While I've heard a similar type of concern over the years, I've honestly never seen any legitimate information suggesting that a shift in climate, temperature, etc. can or will affect hair loss, hair growth or the outcome of a hair transplant. That said, I do suggest that you do your best to let your body adjust and rest up since such far travel can be taxing on the mind and body. While traveling long distances shouldn't affect the outcome of a hair transplant, getting the necessary rest your body needs will make you feel more relaxed and at ease on the day of surgery.

I look forward to hearing your experience and hope that you get the results you want and deserve this time around.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks guys, thats what i thought too but the 2nd op is just so important to me right now that i am not gonna take any chances. Yup i will rest for a day before going for the op. I will be like flying half a globe of distance! Wish me luck! I really need it...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I concur with Bill and neither have I heard of changes in climate having a negative effect on the outcome of the HT procedure.

Best wishes to you! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

thanks guys, thats what i thought too but the 2nd op is just so important to me right now that i am not gonna take any chances. Yup i will rest for a day before going for the op. I will be like flying half a globe of distance! Wish me luck! I really need it...

Good luck. Great choice. Rest plenty before because its so hard to rest afterward. Or at least it was for me. Scared of hurting donor area and grafts. Sleeping on an incline to reduce swelling. Rest up now! Good luck.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

thanks for the answers and well wishes guys! Another concern i have is i already have a scar from my first FUT and i am undergoing FUE for my 2nd round... prob i have to live with the fact that it will be exposed for the first couple weeks before my donor heals...