DECIDED TO CANCEL MY HT WITH THE BEST DR.

After much consideration and thinking about my future hair loss and getting a lot of opinions from community, I have decided to hold off and not go thru with my HT at this time,As I am only 29 at this time and not taking any meds. I want to try propecia and rogaine for at least a year or two and then see what happens.I was scheduled with dr. shapiro the {best there is}.I am heading towards a norwood 6 or 7 and i just want to see if,meds help and stop the mpb if they do i want to do this at age 35 or so.Again thanks for all the input and special thanks to Matt, for helping out and giving his honest opinion that tells me they are not in HT just for buisness they do genuinely care for there patients see you in the future.

After much consideration and thinking about my future hair loss and getting a lot of opinions from community, I have decided to hold off and not go thru with my HT at this time,As I am only 29 at this time and not taking any meds. I want to try propecia and rogaine for at least a year or two and then see what happens.I was scheduled with dr. shapiro the {best there is}.I am heading towards a norwood 6 or 7 and i just want to see if,meds help and stop the mpb if they do i want to do this at age 35 or so.Again thanks for all the input and special thanks to Matt, for helping out and giving his honest opinion that tells me they are not in HT just for buisness they do genuinely care for there patients see you in the future.

I sorry to hear that for what ever reason. If your hair is at NW6 or 7 or heading there, yes start propecia and other stuff however, keep reading and I am sure you have...It will noy make it come back. Just stop it and may create some peach fuz...Now all this coming from someone who is still learning and I thank God for the internet which allows us all this great information when we are faced with life changing situations, ie HT.....the only reason why I am responding is cause you made comment about Shapiro being the best. I hear that too, and have an appt for October 8th and honestly am beside my self to go. I am a little older, 39, so I can see where you are coming from with holding off till 35?????? Or maybe not. Keep investigating...I know the biggest problem for me was $$$$$$. I have a 3rd party helping me and for that thankful. I will be in debit to her for 3 years now but its my lovely mother ...There are some many decisicions here when making this huge leap!!!! Best of luck!

Hi PMH--- I think this is a great decision. We only want our patients do go forward when they are ready, not when we are ready.

Perhaps on the other side of 30, after meds/rogaine, you will be better able to make better informed decision and know 100% it is the right one for YOU.

I wish you all the best, and as always, please feel free to contact SMG with any questions.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for your replies, best of luck with your surgery, you are indeed in the best hands michael.

B Spot,thanks, SMG is the best clinic out there and i will be back. Matt told me no worries and e mailed me back about any further questions?

Mothers are the best, arent they!!! God bless to all the mothers! Especially mine!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

pullmyhair,

As other's have said, you should only go forward with a hair transplant procedure when you are ready. It sounds like you've thought a lot about this and ultimately, I think it's a good decision.

And if/when the time is right, you can always reconsider a procedure.

All the Best,

Bill

Kudos on your decision. It is very wise to consider your future hair loss progression. I too had a patient in your same shoes and progression at age 23. I also explained the bald is beautiful approach and how it is very fashionable and accepted today. He decided too shave his head and is even more happy now with his decision and new look.

Originally posted by the B spot:

Hi PMH--- I think this is a great decision. We only want our patients do go forward when they are ready, not when we are ready.

Jason,

I really respect this type of attitude towards your patients. I have been speaking with Janna a bit while researching some FUE work and it is this type of attitude (among other things) that makes me feel very encouraged about Dr Shapiro. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks Wantego--- I am glad your experience with us has been positive-- we just do not do the high pressure thing, preferring to be patient orientated first. Things just seem to be easier that way =)

Anyway, Janna is awesome and is a good friend. She will take care of you for sure icon_smile.gif

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.