Nanogen on the hairline

I've started using Nanogen fibres and the locking mist. So far I'm quite impressed with it although as most people will agree it isn't that effective at covering a receeding hairline (which is where my problem is).

I've found that as long as you use a small amount but steer clear of the first inch or so of the hairline it has a decent thickening effect. It definately makes the area a lot less see-through and stops that annoying spot-light effect on the scalp.

The stuff is quite expensive so I'll be searching online for cheap suppliers.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I used it for a while, quite liked it but I prefer the Mane spray here in the UK.

I am thinking about dabbling with the fibers again though. Maybe a combination of the spray and the fibers could make a better effect for the crown and mid scalp.....I'm a little weak in these positions which shows up under those dreaded bright lights.

Have you considered a HT for your hairline? I had some success in thickening up the base of my hairline with the spray. I saw someone on youtube who had toppik in his hairline and it looked amazing.....he has a video with and without, I saw the 'with' first so when I saw him heavily balding I couldn't believe it. Have you tried this? Maybe it's down to hair colour, his is black

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I used it for a while, quite liked it but I prefer the Mane spray here in the UK.

I am thinking about dabbling with the fibers again though. Maybe a combination of the spray and the fibers could make a better effect for the crown and mid scalp.....I'm a little weak in these positions which shows up under those dreaded bright lights.

Have you considered a HT for your hairline? I had some success in thickening up the base of my hairline with the spray. I saw someone on youtube who had toppik in his hairline and it looked amazing.....he has a video with and without, I saw the 'with' first so when I saw him heavily balding I couldn't believe it. Have you tried this? Maybe it's down to hair colour, his is black

I'll look into Mane - thanks for the tip.

I dye my remaining hair light brown and use the light brown Nanogen fibres.

Considering a HT all the time but I need (ideally) to save enough for the HT and to take 4-6 months off work. I have to meet a lot of people on a daily basis in my job and I don't think I could handle it, even if I took a month off! Much better to come back later when everyone has forgotten (sort of!) how I used to look!

I'm nearly 34 and think that a couple more years could be the time to do it. No immediate rush. I've been recommended 2500-3500 grafts in the frontal third.

I know everyone is different but yeah, I've been really lucky that this has come at a time where I've been able to take 6 months away from the world. Frontal third is impossible to conceal in my (experienced) opinon.

Mane is worth a try. In 3 years of using it I've finally found the perfect colour for me and I'm really happy with it.

Are you in the UK and are you on the meds?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I know everyone is different but yeah, I've been really lucky that this has come at a time where I've been able to take 6 months away from the world. Frontal third is impossible to conceal in my (experienced) opinon.

Mane is worth a try. In 3 years of using it I've finally found the perfect colour for me and I'm really happy with it.

Are you in the UK and are you on the meds?

I'm in an open plan office, 200 people per floor! I had a look at their site and it seems as though it is what a lot of celebs must be using, e.g. Gary Barlow.

I will order some Mane. Where do you buy yours?

Yep, in the UK. Propecia gave me too many sides but I'm on Regaine which works well.

• 2 weeks later...

Get mine from the maneuk site. How is it working for you and where did you get it from?

Which regaine and where do you get it from? I'm gonna swap to the 5% foam from minoxidil direct........sick of these belgravia prices for the cream!

I beg to differ. I understand how tough its to conceal but i have been able to achieve some success with the following method. I am a huge fan of nanogen as i feel they are the most natural looking but spreading from the bottle lacks the punch that the toppik spray has. I typically empty the nanogen bottle into the toppik bottle and uses the toppik spray.

Aim for the hair at the frontline more horizontally and give it a few hard sprays. It worked marvellously for me to conceal my thinning hair line :)

hope that helps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Get mine from the maneuk site. How is it working for you and where did you get it from?

Which regaine and where do you get it from? I'm gonna swap to the 5% foam from minoxidil direct........sick of these belgravia prices for the cream!

I went to the Mane shop in London which was quite useful as they told me I needed the black colour. I bought a tin + a tin of the seal and shine. GBP20 cash

So far I've not been that impressed. I can see how it might work in the crown but once it sets in my hair it's very difficult to do any styling. Unfortunately It doesn't work well for my hairline. I'd almost liken the stuff to spray-paint!

It was worth a try though!

I get my Foam from Ebay. Whoever is cheapest. This time around I paid about GBP47 for 4 tins of US Rogaine.

It has worked fairly well. One of the good aspects is that it has grown some miniaturised hairs which Nanogen fibres can cling on to. I haven't lost any hair when looking back to 12 month old photos and things have definately improved. Long may it continue!

Sorry pal, feel bad that you went for it on my recommendation!

Maybe it's the wrong colour? I've only just found the right colour for me after trying 2 others out before, it works really good at the front base of my hair and then in partings midscalp so it doesn't show up under the bright light in my bathroom.

I have no idea why it would be good for me and not you, but I suppose hair styles and characteristics must come into it. Does the seal and shine work? I tried the seal and control but I found it quite pointless, so I just spray on the mane, brush it through and then it stays in until I wash it out the next day.

Have you tried minoxidil direct?

Sorry pal, feel bad that you went for it on my recommendation!

Maybe it's the wrong colour? I've only just found the right colour for me after trying 2 others out before, it works really good at the front base of my hair and then in partings midscalp so it doesn't show up under the bright light in my bathroom.

I have no idea why it would be good for me and not you, but I suppose hair styles and characteristics must come into it. Does the seal and shine work? I tried the seal and control but I found it quite pointless, so I just spray on the mane, brush it through and then it stays in until I wash it out the next day.

Have you tried minoxidil direct?

No worries! The colour is fine but it's just too obvious even when i spray small amounts on the hairline. Maybe I don't have enough hair for it to cling to (which is what the lady at Mane said might happen).

I haven't used the Seal & Shine but I will try it out with Nanogen. The Mane rep said it actually wasnt necessary to buy their product and a normal hairspray would do the job.

Never tried Minoxidil Direct.

I have sent you a PM.