3 Month Mark - Photos - Need Opinions

JTMan

Here is my pic at exactly 3 months. I'm still pink on top. Constantly breaking out in pimples on top of my head. Itches like crazy sometimes.

Does this thickness look normal for 3 months? I see a slight difference from the 2 month mark but not much.

I really want thicker hair and I'm hoping it doesn't stay this way. I had 4,500 grafts in the recipient area.

3monthhair.jpg.aa478554680d60c873687787bad5fabb.jpg

This is very normal for 3 months, as it is only starting to grow at this point. Many hairs haven't even started to grow at this point, so be patient it will improve. By 8-9 months you will see a major difference and even then it's not quite completed. 12-14 months is the final result.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Just try and relax and be patient. I know its tough but you cant expect too much at the 3month mark. But your at a great point, things should get pretty interesting over the next few months. Good luck and keep us posted!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I've 8 weeks out, and still have redness on the transplant area. I suspect it will still be there in another 4 weeks, though it's fading out.

Regarding the spots, my hairdresser told me this was 'ingrown hairs' and advised my to massage my scalp with a moisturiser - I'm using baby oil.

This has been brilliant advice.

By doing this, the spots have gone away pretty much. When one comes up, it's cleared by the massage. I do this twice a day at weekends, and once a day during the week when I come home from work.

At other times, I apply a little witch hazel gel to the spot to take away the redness.

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

I am at 9 months and still seeing vast changes every day. HTs are truly a 1 year process and the hair will continue to improve beyond that. I know it's tough but you have no choice.....patience! Good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Here is my pic at exactly 3 months. I'm still pink on top. Constantly breaking out in pimples on top of my head. Itches like crazy sometimes.

You're just at the beginning stages of growth so it's normal to not notice any growth at 3 months post op. While its not out of ordinary to experience the little pimples at this stage, it's also important to treat them. You should start by applying warm compress to the affected area 2-3 times a day and contact your ht clinic to get their recommended treatment.

4500 grafts is a significant number of grafts, thus will achieve a significant transformation when you achieve your full results at 12 months post op. having said that, there will be a nice transformation at 6 months PO that you will appreciate.