Nanoxidil (Modified Minoxidil)..Anyone tried it?

HARIRI

I noticed that there is a product called DNC-N was released this year contains Nanoxidil which is claimed that it is better then Minoxidil. Here is a comparison by one of its manufacturing company. If anyone already tried it then please let me know. I hope some of the doctors help me understand more about the advantages of this new compound (Nanoxidil).

Nanoxidil VS Minoxidil

1. What is the difference between minoxidil and nanoxidil?

Nanoxidil is the newer compound, built around a molecule that is structurally similar to minoxidil but with one fewer carbon chain. It has a lower molecular weight and several other advantages. Additional ingredients enhance the activity of Nanoxidil for multiple mechanisms of action.Nanoxidil is the newest member of a class of agents known as ion-channel openers. It delivers outstanding efficacy with a reduced potential for side effects. Few people who experience minoxidil sensitivity, which may include irritation and swelling, are less likely to experience these effects with Nanoxidil.

2. Should I use minoxidil or nanoxidil if I experience hair loss?

While minoxidil and nanoxidil have similar structures, they are not the same molecule, and they behave differently. Plus, no one treatment serves all users since hair loss is a complex problem driven by multiple variables.

Exercise caution if changing therapies. A good rule of thumb is: If you use minoxidil with good results, continue that therapy without interruption; if you have used minoxidil but have not seen the desired results, it is appropriate to try nanoxidil; and if you are just beginning therapy, start with nanoxidil because of its greater potential and fewer side effects.

Users may also apply both minoxidil and nanoxidil for more intensive therapy. You can apply one after the other, twice a day. Alternatively, apply minoxidil morning and night and Nanoxidil in the afternoon.

3. How should Nanoxidil be used?

Like any therapy, consistency is key. It is imperative to maintain a regular dosing schedule without skipping applications. Apply the product whether hair has been washed or not. Massage it into the scalp using fingertips, then wash hands with soap and water.

4. Is Nanoxidil safe?

Spectral.DNC-N, with Nanoxidil, contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory peptides that can improve overall scalp health. During a three-month clinical trial of Nanoxidil with human subjects, no side effects were observed. Instead, volunteers reported that their scalps felt healthier.

Nanoxidil also works effectively as a therapy for men and women who want to maintain existing hair and prevent its loss from beginning.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

hariri, just curious if you know, when was nanoxidil first released? sounds like a new product??

i wasn too aware of it until i read about it in your previous post (i must admit i wasnt actively searching for an alternate topical solution either).

It was released in the second half of last year, however they modified the DNC-N formula by adding STEM CELLS in it. Is that awesome? I heard many things about STEM CELLS lately.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

it could be a good thing, but I dont know to be honest.

Blake seems quite knowledgeable about drugs so hope he can comment

I'll look into it a bit deeper when I have some time this week.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake, these are the links for more information:-

Spectral.DNC-N with 5% Nanoxidil

Im still using their original Spectral DNC which contains Minoxidil 5%. However their new formula DNC-N has STEM CELLS which is somehow attractive although they are using Nanoxidil which they claim its similar to minoxidil but with one fewer carbon chain.

My Hair Treatments:

Been about ages like all spectral products it's bull crap and I've used them all I actually lost hair with one of their products think it was dnc the one with retinol.

I had in depth emails with spectral about the nano at the time and in a nutshell the nano technology means smaller particles get deeper into your scalp.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk