Hair whorl, hair loss?

Dcormsby

Hello again all. I am 27 years old and I have been looking at my crown for the last year. My hair has been long (over 4 inches) in length the last year or so, and I just cut my hair short today. I am looking at my crown, and just wanted to get an expert's opinion on if anyone see any signs of hair loss in the crown area.

Also, I have my same hairline since I was in my early 20's.

Thanks in advance,

Damon

Damon1.jpg.688bc6d811f48c9ae0d61835b067a369.jpg

Damon2.jpg.31375f5788131d7f6cf90b17bfd22dcf.jpg

Damon3.jpg.60accd9431a99e290a3ae88b8d5a7764.jpg

Damon4.jpg.6fe0ea839d55d5986e3f32552506eb4d.jpg

Damon5.jpg.132c7457d02a229980bff2a32c48f183.jpg

Damon6.jpg.0ec8fb8fa3765b96d2b5ce6a9cde78cd.jpg

Personally, I don't see any signs of hair loss in your crown. Having said that, it is difficult to tell from those images alone, and I recommend a consultation with a trusted hair restoration expert to confirm.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello again all. I am 27 years old and I have been looking at my crown for the last year. My hair has been long (over 4 inches) in length the last year or so, and I just cut my hair short today. I am looking at my crown, and just wanted to get an expert's opinion on if anyone see any signs of hair loss in the crown area.

Thanks in advance,

Damon

Hello Damon,

The only true way to tell if androgenic hair loss is occurring is through proper medical evaluation by a hair restoration doctor and sometimes a dermatologist. However based on your images as best one can tell everything looks great. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Thanks in advance,

Damon

Your photos do not make it easy to determine what is going on. The flash makes things look worse than they really are but ultimately there is no option for comparison as you don't have any photos from before you think your crown may have started to thin. I see questionable evidence at best but only a proper set of comparison photos could allow anyone to make any real determination as to what is happening, if anything.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You are definitely going bald.

Just kidding. I do not think you are losing your hair at all. Carry on with life. It just looks like a whorl to me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.