RAPHAEL84 1 Month Update Dr Rahal

Raphael84

So, here I am at the one month mark. Does that class as some kind of milestone? Sorry for the image quality is some photos. Almost all of the grafted hairs have shed, which is obviously to be expected at this stage. There are still a few that have remained in areas that I had no hair before, and I think that they are here to stay. Most of my hairs shed when I was washing the area, but I no longer see any hairs in my hands, so I think that the shed is over. The redness has certainly faded a lot and I actually believe that the photos make the recipient area look more red than it actually is. The donor area has improved greatly since the two week mark. Whilst there was no pain at two weeks post op, there was still a real sensation of numbness, and it was still uncomfortable in a strange way to sit or lie with any pressure on the donor. Now at 30 days post op, this has improved greatly. Whilst still not near my pre HT situation, the numbness has reduced dramatically. There are a few areas of shockloss along the scar. I have attempted to highlight a couple of the larger areas that I have experienced this. The photo doesn't show it so well, but I believe there to be shockloss along several parts of the scar. The right hand side definitely seems worse than the left, and remains much redder. The actual scar itself does look pencil thin at this stage which I'm very happy about. I am experiencing pimples in the recipient area, but nothing too severe.

My hair at the back seems to be growing quite quickly, and am hoping in the coming weeks that the scar will become more concealed as this continues and my scar "relaxes" somewhat. Living under a cap at this stage, as expected, and shall continue to do so for several months yet.

Overall, I think that I am right on track and am exactly where I should be. I definitely have days where I take it all in my stride, and others when the 4+ month mark seems a long way away. I am very realistic about the timeline involved regarding results, but hopefully around the 4 month mark, I shall see the early signs of growth, and will be leaving this ugly duckling stage behind.

DSCN1267.jpg.c782a5460ec0474e8b64b559aadfba7b.jpg

DSCN1268.jpg.f4ba81323a3ba294ea0f97915aa0f0be.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg.760d3ed40ffa64575d9e4a3151e3829e.jpg

RSCN1315.jpg.b3d533dce2fd87f1c29c8f93c25e907f.jpg

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm just a few days ahead of you and experiencing the same with respect to shock-loss, scar, donor numbness, redness, pimples etc....so that's a good thing I'm guessing.

The one I wanted to ask you is if you are using Rogaine and if you are using it on the donor area as well. I've been using it and I still notice a few hairs come off when applying it, which I assume is shedding. Nothing significant at this point though. Also when applying Rogaine and going over some of the pimples they pop and end up bleeding as a result. Are you experiencing that as well?

Thanks and best of growth

Thanks foe the supportive comments and feedback guys.

AGL77 - I started applying minoxidil at the two week post op stage. I like you, initially saw lots of hair in my hands after using the product, which I presume was the transplanted hair shedding. As I said in my previous post, I feel that most of my hair has now shed, and so I don't really experience this when applying the minoxidil any more. Maybe the odd hair but nothing more, certainly not like a week or so ago. Regarding the pimples, none of mine have popped whilst applying the minoxidil or touching the recipient area. I did notice a small "blooded" area a few days back, and when I cleaned it, hairs visually came out with the dried blood, but I hadn't knocked or touched the area heavily, so maybe it was a pimple that had popped like you say. I haven't been applying the minoxidil to the donor area. I have been using it mainly on the recipient area, but also as you can see in the photos, my crown area is also thinning and so I having been using it on the crown and a toward the scar, on the back of my head where you can see a further NW pattern emerging, but nothing onto the scar or the donor area. I was not using minoxidil pre HT so I am hoping that with the addition of this product, I may hopefully see some improvement in the unworked in crown area also.

I have included a few more photos also, to show how the situation has evolved, from imm pre HT, to 1 day post HT, and where I am today at 1 month post HT.

3.jpg.339fdac396ef4aef0b1946c8749d7a49.jpg

6.jpg.55d91d2a9cfd21eb6d64ebd5dc9dc009.jpg

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Raphael,

Keep a close eye on the pimples. Apply a warm (almost hot) wash cloth to the affected spots couple of times a day to draw the puss like lesion to the top to pop it or lance it. If you go more than a weeks with them, I'd contact Dr. Rahal. At least we'd want to be contacted if you were our patient. They'll likely make notations in your chart and also prescribe an antibiotic to help clear it up. It's normal to get them but you definately want to keep it under control.

The first month or two are the worst when you've shed majority of your transplanted hairs and your native hairs haven't grown enough to make a difference. Keep the updates coming. :)

Thanks for the advice Janna. But just to clarify, when speaking about the pimples, it was just in relation to AGL77s question. I suppose right now, I am one of the lucky ones who is not really experiencing pimples. I have had a few over the past couple of weeks, but they seem to disappear just as quickly as they arrive. Having just checked, at this moment in time I am happy to say that I am absolutely pimple free and long may it continue!

I am absolutely pimple free and long may it continue!

Definately! Thanks for the clarification. The pimples can be a nusance.

As for shockloss along your donor scar, the hairs generally grow back 2-3 months after. Looks like you're healing well.

5 and half weeks out. Things are moving along. Cant wait for the 2 month mark now, to compare how things will have progressed. The scar, although still obvious is improving and "hiding" a little more each day, and the few native hairs that I had in the frontal zone pre HT are starting to come back. Not that this hides anything for me, but at least there are some subtle changes!

I think your gonna have a killer result mate. Its a tough stage that your at now, I'm a a couple of weeks behind you so know how you feel. Think we gotta hang in there man and just tick the weeks/months off as they go. Easier said than done tho!

Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys. 7 weeks out today! Had a little DIY session cutting my hair last week. Keeping the length at the back and sides to cover the scar, and just took a few mm off the little amount of hair that I have on top. I suppose in a way its damage control, trying to look a little less ridiculous! Scalp can get pretty dry, more so actually where I had no work done, but obviously the whole of the head is effected! Trying to keep as patient and positive as possible!