4 month update (donor area) Dr. Armani

markymark

I wanted to give a 4 month update with the Fue procedure that I had with Dr. Armani in April. I know Dr. Armani isn't the most popular person on this website, so I'm a bit hesitant to even mention the name. Anyways, I had 2000 grafts done, all to my crown region (I'm 33 years old).

My concern really has been with the look on my donor area. I like to keep my hair buzzed so having it look sparse obviously works against the look I wanted to maintain. That is what sold me on the FUE procedure!

I find that the donor area is slowly thickening up, but I'm worried that I won't have the results I'm hoping for (and I'm not hoping for perfection, just something satisfactory)

Has anyone else experienced this type of look in the donor area? I guess you would have to keep your hair somewhat short/buzzed to know what I'm talking about.

Very Concerned

Mark

fdfd_003.jpg.3af904ed4f427c467d196397e0bfdada.jpg

Markymark,

There's a big difference in the look of hair density depending on how short you buzz your hair. Not only in the donor but in the recipient area too. Your donor area looks to be healing well so I think you'll be fine - good luck.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

i had a procedure done with dr armani about a month ago - my donor area looks a bit thin too.

Might be some shock loss too. I am also worried about all these negative comments on the forum.

If you look at the donor area, there seems to be a distinct line there where the grafts were harvested. Does anyone know approx. how long it normally takes for the donor area to thicken up so its not noticeable anymore?

If your able to spot an actual line of demarcation on your scalp between where the grafts were taken and not....that might be a problem.

There should be no real noticeable difference if grafts were taken from the donor properly, with the exception of some dots or gaps.

I will say at one month, it is probably early to properly assess the state of ones donor post-op FUE.

My advice is to contact Pats, or Armani and let them know your concerns. They should be able to offer insight.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

May as well contact Pats/Armani, just don't take anything as gospel. Down the road once your result truly comes in and you are over the healing process I'd get a 2nd opinion regardless by a pro -- SMG, e.g.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!