2700 FUE grafts at 10.5 weeks - bumps/folliculitis? Please help.

truewiz

Hi,

About 5 weeks ago, I posted some pics of my hair transplant with 2700 grafts (or 6150 individual hairs made up of singles, doubles, triples, etc). It was quite an undertaking being my first HT experience.

Well, now its 10.5 weeks and I'm little concerned from all the redness still present. But I most worried by the bumps and little black spots where the darker hairs are sprouting from. Being a HT virgin, I have no idea if this is normal or not.

Also, there are loads of pimples/red spots that look like folliculitis. I can't get this checked by a HT doc, because he based in another country on the other side of the world where we really dont have any decent ones. The best I have are all of you to help me. Perhaps some hair docs can chime in?

I feel like I may need to see a dermatologist to have a look and see if i need any antibiotics or cortisteroid/cortisone creams prescribed to fix the inflammation?

For the redness, I am using distilled witch hazel, aloe vera (from the plant direct) and rosehips oil. I'm also looking into vitamin e oil too.

You can see in my pics that I have very sensitive pale skin and lots of little bumps. I hope this is not cobblestoning. I havn't had any other issues; no donor shock loss, etc. Your thoughts would be most helpful at this difficult time for me. How long should I expect this to last for?

I appreciate your thoughts and responses. Thankyou to a wonderful forum!

Truewiz

P.S I have attached one pic that is 5 days post surgery to give you an idea what I looked like with very little redness or bumps. The bumps all started after the hairs shed at the 3 week mark.

hair-ten-weeks3.jpg.4b6ac04d3b4c584ed3f56543eeba6a7e.jpg

hair-ten-weeks5.jpg.466140a4bfb8dff0b5d08ddedec295a3.jpg

hair-ten-weeks2.jpg.2b984bf1b1fd8de05594b71ece9e5cba.jpg

hair-ten-weeks7.jpg.2d302a9efb05bc67cf8608d2eb648baa.jpg

20120819_160002.jpg.7e0ca47a52e9146ca2cd0ba29e1044f0.jpg

At 10.5 weeks and with skin colour more on the pale side like yours, it all looks very normal to me. I have seen patients red for 5/6 months, and achieve incredible results! Maybe somebody more qualified than myself could chime in and put your mind at ease, but in my opinion, from these photographs, things look pretty normal and you have nothing to worry about!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

One of the guys I've met up with a few times over the years went to H&W, he had had redness for near 6 months before it faded. It's a question of skin type as Raphael and others on your other thread have said. The guy got a great result btw in case you're wondering.

Everything looks very normal, relax. :cool:

Nothing to worry about. You'll be fine.

I've suffered from folliculitis for years but it's been in the beard and neck area. About 2 - 2 1/2 years ago, it got very bad and I went to see a dermatologist. They put me on doxycycline, 100mg 2x daily. That cleared it up.

I'm not sure how you feel about taking meds but it may be something you'd want to consider.

Thanks Steve, I'm currently taking some antibiotics after seeing my GP and it seems I had some nasty folicultis all over the place. After 8 days on the meds, its really calmed down and now Im praying to be trouble free to usher in the new stage of growth starting with month 3 of my journey. I think I might start a blog to keep you all up to date. I also hope that FUE can deliver the goods. You just never know with FUE! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Steve, I'm currently taking some antibiotics after seeing my GP and it seems I had some nasty folicultis all over the place. After 8 days on the meds, its really calmed down and now Im praying to be trouble free to usher in the new stage of growth starting with month 3 of my journey. I think I might start a blog to keep you all up to date. I also hope that FUE can deliver the goods. You just never know with FUE! :)

I had 2800 FUE also, and I had redness for the first 12-16 weeks. It pretty much went away around 3-4 month time frame.