Regarding Dr. Feller Lunch Time FUE

Hi to all,

I have a question regarding Dr. Fellers lunch Time FUE. I'm interested in getting the lunch time FUE, however I would like to know if he does this procedure also on the hairloss between hairs.( not bald clean spots) It's like diffuse thinning in the mid front area and hair line. I know this is a short procedure but I believe if it's distributed through out the mid front and hair line, front the mid front to a few FUE on the frontal area with a tap of dermmatch, it can make a difference with my hair loss.

Thanks!

PK,

To me, the phrase "hair loss between the hairs" sounds like simple thinning secondary to genetic hair loss. Androgenic alopecia (genetic hair loss) is classically diagnosed by an area of scalp with hairs in a disorganized array of follicular miniaturization. This means some follicles are more affected than others, and you can definitely have areas where hair still exists, but it is sparse and "few and far between."

Because of this, it sounds like your situation would be suitable for hair transplantation (like FUE).

However, I think the first step would be an evaluation of your situation by Dr. Feller himself.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future_HT_Doc,

I appreciate your reply. I been diagnose with MPB. I been on propecia on and off for years. Also have a small FUE, on my hair line. I'm looking now to fill in a bit my hair loss on my mid front where it's moderately diffuse.

What other reputed doctor is on the east coast? Thanks

There are several. Feller appears to be one of the elite doctors. Dr. Carlos Wesley although not as well known, seems like a rising star and appears to be a real leader in trying to push the envelope of innovation in the industry. True and Dorin have some great educational videos on their website. Dr. William Lindsey is well respected and I think he is an associate of Dr. Feller.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Future_HT_Doc,

I appreciate your reply. I been diagnose with MPB. I been on propecia on and off for years. Also have a small FUE, on my hair line. I'm looking now to fill in a bit my hair loss on my mid front where it's moderately diffuse.

Shampoo made some excellent East Coast FUE recommendations above. However, keep in mind that Dr. Feller is a fantastic FUE practitioner as well.

Again, it sounds, to me, like you would be a good candidate for a smaller FUE procedure. I think consulting with several of these physicians would help confirm this and create a plan to move forward!

Good luck!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

shampoo, i appreciate the recommendations. I'll look into all the doctors you mention.

Future_HT_Doc, I believe also that i'm a good candidate for FUE. another reason is because i like cutting my sides low. I'm going to look into some of the doctors mention and go for a consultation.

shampoo, i appreciate the recommendations. I'll look into all the doctors you mention.

Future_HT_Doc, I believe also that i'm a good candidate for FUE. another reason is because i like cutting my sides low. I'm going to look into some of the doctors mention and go for a consultation.

Great! Keep us posted!

Hi to all,

I have a question regarding Dr. Fellers lunch Time FUE. I'm interested in getting the lunch time FUE, however I would like to know if he does this procedure also on the hairloss between hairs.( not bald clean spots) It's like diffuse thinning in the mid front area and hair line. I know this is a short procedure but I believe if it's distributed through out the mid front and hair line, front the mid front to a few FUE on the frontal area with a tap of dermmatch, it can make a difference with my hair loss.

Thanks!

I think he will shave the area as he told me that he can't get a good "dense pack" without shaving. His words not mine. I initially inquired about this lunchtime fue as well and he quickly shot it down saying that it really is for very minor loss and it's better to take care of everything at once rather than multiple fue sessions. But you should definitely talk to spex or consult with dr feller as they may tell you something different.

I had neither a lunch time session or FUE, but I did have 'good' hair shaved and grafts put in to thicken it up even more. So from that I would suggest it's possible, but the area would need to be shaved down.

Still, like others have said, speak to Spex or the man himself...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Dense packing is easier with the hair shaved, i was told the same when i had minor dense packing done behind my hairline and receding areas.

Not too sure what they mean about 'lunchtime FUE'. Is this referring to having quick FUE on a lunch break???? :eek:

Leave lunch breaks for botox, not hair repair work.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Dense packing is easier with the hair shaved, i was told the same when i had minor dense packing done behind my hairline and receding areas.

Not too sure what they mean about 'lunchtime FUE'. Is this referring to having quick FUE on a lunch break???? :eek:

Leave lunch breaks for botox, not hair repair work.

Lunchtime FUE was the term used where you can come along for a 200 grafts by fue. Just a small case about the size of a postage stamp.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014