Am i a candidate for HT??See Pics

I am wondering , am i a diffuse thinner - If so or even if iam not , am i good candidate for HT - Have a look at the pics & advise please - Also will FUE be possible in my case as i like to keep my hair short - These pics are 3 weeks from buzz cut 0.

DSC00319.jpg.32d3a5bff221f9173ba4af09e45705fe.jpg

DSC00321.jpg.d980c4700adede2a888c93102939e1cf.jpg

DSC00322.jpg.4f85ce063a299316028786a4bf845700.jpg

DSC00323.JPG.4b346dac9d0fa3e3b4cab4e8b4ec2138.JPG

In my opinion, your supply does not meet your demand. The donor area appears thinned out as well.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Maybe look into SMP (scalp micro-pigmentation) - but a HT alone won't do enough for you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Saj,

It's a tough call. You have a high NW level balding pattern and a fairly sparse donor supply. There are always options, but in your case, it is difficult to tell whether traditional hair transplant surgery would provide adequate results.

Altogether, I think the only way to tell for certain is to undergo a consultation with a trusted hair restoration physician.

Additionally, if you are interested in investigating other potential hair restoration treatments, let me know and we can discuss them in this thread.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the reply blake - I Myself was pretty sure that i might not be a suitable canditate for Hair Transplant - Am so glad i found this forum , where you can find honest answers from people like you who are really concerned - It stops you getting conned & In India right now there are everyday in the newspapers full page ads related just to hair restoration- Creams , Hair Transplants , Stem Cell Etc - it can get very confusing to take the right decision.

I would abslutely love to discuss more potential hair restoration treatments - Though i have embraced my Baldness for years now & have no problem living with it - But i always wonder what i would look like with more hair - Also at this stage , do you think Minoxidil / rogaine / propecia / nizoral would help in any way ??

It's definitely difficult to sort through the legitimate hair loss treatments out there and the "miracle cure" snake oils.

Frankly, as far as medications are concerned, Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) are the only two proven safe and effective for treating hair loss. However, Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo is frequently utilized with positive results as well. In this regard, it is hard not to suggest that all hair loss sufferers investigate these treatments.

Additionally, if you are not a candidate for traditional hair transplant surgery, there are a few things you could investigate. However, keep in mind that most of these treatments are essentially alternatives to the proven norms:

1. You could immediately start on a proven medication regimen (Rogaine, Propecia, and Nizoral) and hope this causes a dramatic enough reversal to create a suitable environment for hair transplant surgery (this is likely the most effective option).

2. You could consider a more extreme type of hair transplantation procedure, such as the body hair transplant cases handled by Dr. Umar. He's shared some pretty amazing results on patients with high NW balding patterns and depleted donor supply (see his work here), but I would proceed VERY carefully and only work with him (if you're choosing this route). Additionally, keep in mind that body hair will retain its natural characteristics, and it will always be body hair grafts growing on the scalp (i.e. it will never look 100% like scalp hair - though beard hair grafts can come fairly close).

3. You could consider scalp micropigmentation (SMP) or an SMP + follicular unit extraction (FUE) combination. Frankly, if you were going to take this route, it would probably be best to undergo a sparse, low density FUE procedure and try to increase the overall appearance with SMP. Again, I'm very wary to even recommend this, and I would seriously only consider undergoing this combination with a very limited number of practitioners and only after a thorough consultation (send me a private message if you would like to discuss this further).

Of these three options, I would highly, highly recommend considering "1" above the others. Frankly, the other two are quite alternative, and I only provided these hypothetical treatment plans because you asked.

I really hope this helps! I think we should continue discussing this and try to come up with a good idea of how you could proceed!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.