My HT story..So Far

Mystique

Hi all

Am getting my HT with Dr Radha Rani in India on the 1st of Oct!

Frankly i hate going to docs and still have that fear of the needle.....am excited/nervous/apprehensive/worried-all of this + several other thoughts running thru my mind-am sure some of you have had the same experience before your procedures. She indicated by seeing my fotos that i would require 4000+ grafts-hopefully i should get those/closeto that. Am regularly doing the scalp laxity exercises. Attached are my pre op fotos - Any tips/suggestions would be welcome- Wish me luck :)

DonorArea1.jpg.f4887fb9e9038b3f262b05b6cfb5d9fa.jpg

5b32d48d943bb_CrownBack.jpg.66b2f419d214a4f5379ab09d7cde66c5.jpg

DonorArea2.jpg.33085bc90bbcfe27ecce96dffeff1d06.jpg

DonorArea4.jpg.041f34b26960d974ee9e0db9a3b1da40.jpg

vineditedfrontfoto.jpg.7f40ea10b5c94d1376fd0e0d3cd2c757.jpg

VP3.jpg.b32614ed9bdccc4423ab0d86b817c524.jpg

VP1.jpg.c796b4e2506305a0f448564ee00cea96.jpg

VP4.jpg.c45628354cc0f2525cbbf8348911eb4e.jpg

Good luck, stay positive, and remember to be patient. Also if you haven't started you should use finasteride to help keep what you have as well as possibly regaining some dormant hair.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi all.. Any tips/suggestions would be welcome- Wish me luck :)

Good luck.

I would suggest if you have any fears/anxiety to ask the doctor for something. I was able to take a strong dose of my own Xanax and basically slept through 90% of my long surgery. The techs at Hasson/Wong were kidding with me about how I was even snoring some throughout the surgery.

It's nice to have a shower head that has a handheld feature. This comes in handy post-op once you are back at home.

Waterpik-NSC063-Charleston%C2%AE%C2%A0Handheld-Shower-Head-img2.jpg

Also I would get a neck pillow.

The soft neck pillow really helped my post-op sit in a recliner and also at night for sleep.

9945415050233P.JPG

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks hairupthere, Shampoo, jayukdht....for your thoughts....Shampoo-re the soft neck pillow-i can understand its presence/use whilst on a recliner...but whilst sleeping????-would'nt it be uncomfortable ?-whilst sleeping?-but i guess its different for different people. Would u say that as this fits into the base of the neck and therefore the mid/higherpart of the back of the head-i.e-the donor area are a bit up raised and not in contact with the pillow-hence the scar heals faster?

Best of luck bro!

Even I am exploring HT soon and Dr. Radha seems to be right there at the top of the list.

Do keep us posted on your progress and experience.

Hey man, I hope your procedure turns otu well. You should stay on finpecia to maintain the hair you have. Also, make sure to set up a journal on this website, and please dont disappear after the surgery! Many patients say they get an HT and then disappear. Good luck bro!

Thanks Shane13...Wish u luck too with your HT endeavour....hairy beasts, may we become :)

Good luck man.

I've contacted dr Radha and she asked for more pics, plz stay in touch or if you can send me your email I would like to know what happened with your transplant. I've heard good things about dr Radha.

All the best.

Cheers mate

@KO...Thankx for ur wishes, and yeah...will not disappear ...will post my experience and post surgery updates

@ wadenwa - Good luck 2 u 2 m8-u in Melbourne? Any ways, plz email me on this forum and i will send u my email to keep in touch...

Hey Mystique,

Awaiting your update on the experience with Dr.Radha.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good luck - invest in a good, adjustable hat and consider some concealer if you wish to hide the work afterwards

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!